Kenny Construction Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beulah, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company (Beulah, ND) in September 2015.

Interview

Explained job to me and asked if I would accept that simple. Lucky for them I had a lot of experience but most who work for their Logistics department do not have any.

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Crazy. 6 person interview was the hardest I have ever faced.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember- they were firing away from 6 sides.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I said X, they said Ok.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company.

Interview

I was not told by the hiring manager that the company just lost almost 100% of their employees. I was lied to by this manager. I even asked the hiring manager why they had so many positions open, and he told me the company just received a bunch of new contracts, which was a complete lie.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company (Allentown, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two Phone Calls with two different managers. Then a lunch with a manager and some employees.
    They didn't really ask too many hard questions. I got the impression they just wanted to be sure I didn't have a horn coming out of my head and knew how to talk.

Interview Questions

• Will you care if the truck we give you is dirty?   1 Answer

Material Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter discussion initially over the internet via LinkedIn, attended an overview call on the phone, 3 on 3 call/interview done on conference call, 1 on 1 interview/presentation via phone/Teamviewer, call with VP Karl Miller, then follow up call for hire and start date with paperwork and offer letter. Everything is very straight forward and professional. Listen to your recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of a time you failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is very little negotiation. The one thing I negotiated is plane tickets once a month, as I was told upfront there is no negotiation on starting salary for this specific position. There is options for per diem and overtime. Starting salary is 75k with 90 days per diem.

Material Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hon, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company (Hon, AR) in December 2015.

Interview

perfect, right on topic, very informative. each manager that inquired of my skills and experience was very professional. i had a really good understanding of how the company is comprised and how they conduct day to day operations.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the necessary skills and mindset to make yourself successful with this company?   1 Answer

High Voltage Construction InDisspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

discussion with local boss and physical and paper work thru the internet and talks on the phone. wen t very smoothly

Negotiation

Hourly wage. overtime and perdiem.

Logistics Support Team Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company.

Interview

The interview was conduct in two main parts: The first part was a conference call with two managers and the second was with the chief of the LST. I was on the call with one other candidate and the managers asked normal interview questions. Several of the questions were focused on my ability to sustain longer work hours and relocate without adversely impacting my family. Other questions included specific references to my resume, previous positions that I had held, and a few other HR-type questions. After they had asked their questions, we were given opportunities to ask whatever questions we wanted.

About 7-10 days later, I had another 1-on-1 call with the LST chief. 24-hours prior to this call, I was emailed a practical exercise that explained the deliverable I would present at the call. The exercise included instructions, blueprints, and construction index. I put about five hours of work into interpreting the data, creating my product, and editing it. To me powerpoint was the go-to tool for this presentation, but apparently the chief would've been more satisfied with an excel workbook and a bottom line up front presentation. After the presentation, I was given the opportunity to ask questions. The interviewer only had two questions for me, making it somewhat difficult to illustrate my true value: What makes you different that the other candidates I interview? and What was the most selfish decision you've ever made?

The LST Chief clearly wants to hire people who care, can develop solutions, will work hard, and are ready to hit the ground running.

Best of luck to future candidates!

Interview Questions

• What was the most selfish decision you've ever made?   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kenny Construction Company in May 2010.

Interview

Pretty organized for the interview process