Kentucky Community and Technical College System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kentucky Community and Technical College System

2.6

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Covington, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

3 phases, phone, onsite, leader meet and greet. They called me and discussed the position. Asked a few things about job history, etc. Then they called me for an onsite group interview. Everyone in the group asked 1 question, so it wasn't too demanding, but I answered honestly and was very straightforward regarding my background. Then I came in for final one on one interview with leadership which turned out to be a great conversation.

Advisor Interview

Interview

Apply online with application and resume. HR will contact you if they feel you are qualified for the position. I was contacted within a week of submitting information. Phone interview then an in person interview. Received phone call about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Edgewood, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was I nterviewed by a group of 4, Human Resources, administrative assistant, and two professors from another part of the college.
    I was required to do a fifteen minute teaching demonstration. I knew this requirement ahead.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Hiring was a matter of answering an ad posted online, then going to the school and getting an interview with a coordinator. He hired me and was wonderfully welcoming. The interview included questions about my resume--which was stellar. He walked me around campus and introduced me to people. I was very pleased.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. There is a fixed offer. Take it or leave it

Senior Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Versailles, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Versailles, KY) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fairly quick, once I was called in for the initial interview, but it took two months from the time I applied until I was called for the first interview. Then I was interviewed by a panel of approximately four people, and offered the job after I passed the background check. This took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any difficult questions. It was an easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. They offered one salary, and there was apparently no room for negotiation, since salaries are set by the state to fit within a tight margin.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maysville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Maysville, KY) in June 2008.

Interview

A committee interviewed and asked me a set of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System.

Interview

talked with a committee of about 7 different folks. Some of them knew absolutely nothing about the field the position covered! Some of the questions in the interview process we're just buddies about as far off base as you could imagine,While only a few were relevant to the field. seems like a very disorganized employer!

Interview Questions

• how would you handle student discipline   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Lexington, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of a group interview and a microteach session at the end or at the beginning of the interview. It's up to the person being interviewed to decide. After the interview I waited a month and was sent an email informing me that I did not get the position.

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted after applying for a PR position. After applying, I was sent an email for a date and time of an interview with zero flexibility. I reached out to HR to let them know their intended interview wasn’t going to work with my schedule since I was summoned to jury duty. I would let the hiring manager know if anything had changed. They sent back an email requesting me to change my time - but jury duty had not left the table. The day of the interview I was summoned to a trial, missing the interview. HR had reached out to me to say ‘are you coming’ obviously no, I had already made them aware of the situation. I asked for a Monday reschedule PHONE interview. The hiring manager then told me I made no effort to communicate any of the above - and that that day was the ONLY day they could possibly do an interview. I let her know that I see they value a body in a chair over the skill set of the hire since they couldn’t possibly be flexible and speak to me any other time. That is not how business is done in the real world, and I would never work for this company who can’t even accommodate someone who has been summoned by the state for jury duty. Lack of flexibility and accountability - the hiring manager blaming me for her error, after I was flexible with them and changed the time. I normally don’t even complain about scheduling conflicts - but this was beyond ridiculous. I was serving on a trial and now my consideration for a role is gone because they could only speak to me on one specific day and time.

Interview Questions

• I didn’t even get asked questions based on their hiring process and not bein able to have flexible scheduling.   Answer Question

Technical Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kentucky Community and Technical College System (Bowling Green, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

A 1-hour panel interview where I was asked a number of questions. I had to prepare a PP on a topic of their choice and deliver it within a specific time frame. The panel consisted of 5 people from different campuses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at here?   1 Answer