Kimball Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.2

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tell City, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics (Tell City, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

It started in Dec. of 2016 with a phone screen that last 45 mins. A few weeks later in Jan was asked to come in for an interview that included a tour then a 4 person panel Interview. Standard questions tell me about a time when.... etc. was asked about things not in job requirements. Then in march get request for background screen on a Friday then get a drug test screen that following Monday I get pretty excited thinking an offer is coming. Tuesday I get a call informing me that they had sent those request to the wrong candidate. That Friday I get automated email saying another candidate was selected. The overall process was fine but the last half was unprofessional for a multi million dollar company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you lead a team and when you we're part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Please tell me what you know about NFPA 10?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics (Jasper, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process but good experience for a student in college who is not familiar with hiring processes. I was asked questions on the phone and then had an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions ask for examples.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics (Oldsmar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview - Q&A process followed by a period of time to ask pertinent questions about the job duties and company. I had a phone interview followed by a Panel Interview 10 days later. The briskness of the Panel Interview and lack of questions indicated to me that they had already made a decision and I was brought in solely to meet interview diversity requirements or just to give me my 30 minutes. I did not have a sense that they were considering me as a serious candidate.

Interview Questions

• Define what is a Financial Analyst?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview was conducted to give information about the job position and to go over basic qualifications. Then a panel interview was conducted to go into depth about the position and behavioral and job qualification questions were asked again. Then a drug test was requested and offer letter was sent.

Interview Questions

• What was your most significant individual accomplishment   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was required

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview and asked if I could do it the same day. I agreed to the phone interview which went well. I was then invited to a panel interview with a series of behavioral questions asked by 4 staff members lasting about 3 hours. I was next invited back for a tour of the facility and to interview with other staff members. I was told that I would be contacted in about two weeks. After I heard nothing and called the company, I was told they were still interviewing. 6 wks later I received an automated response saying another candidate had been selected.

Interview Questions

• Many of the behavioral questions were accompanied by follow-up questions asking for specific details about my answers. The interview was well organized.   Answer Question

Manager of Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics (Jasper, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

Kimball uses a panel interview format. The length of time varies based on the job description. The average time is about 5 hours. They use a combination of "Tell me about a time when" type questions around leadership, communications etc and then some very specific technical questions. Kimball Program Managers need to be both business and techinically oriented to be successful in this organization. The culture is prevalent in their interview process as well since. They want to make sure you are a good fit to what exists here. Teamwork was stressed as essential

Interview Questions

• There were several here. They pulled from what seemed to be real life situations that they had encountered before. Their explanation when asked about it was that they had seen these problems in their plant or plants and they wanted to see if you could come up with a solution that was better or different than theirs. There really didn't seem to be a right or wrong answer, I thought they just wanted to see if I could think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. Compensation was more than fair and relocation was more than acceptable.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics (Tampa, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Representative will promise potential for 35% bonus. Be sure to ask whether the site has been "profitable" for the last 5 years. The answer will be no. Kimball re-valued outdated equipment when purchaasing Reptron, adding to depreciation costs which make the site unprofitable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kimball Electronics (Tampa, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

It was an easy interview. Did not take long.