King County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King County Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Program/Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County.

Interview

A "hurry up and wait" process - rush posting followed by long wait to hear about interviews, then reasonable 1-2 weeks to schedule the interview itself. Everyone who interviewed me was very nice, but they were firm on the time allocation (1 hour) so no time for in-depth questions from me.

Interview Questions

• STAR format: "Describe a time when you did X, and what would you do differently?"   Answer Question

Limnologist (I) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Although I didn't get the job, the interview team was collegiate and welcoming and I feel I made some useful professional contacts. I feel I was judged on my professional merits and skills (which were a little thin for the position, no question) rather than ephemera like my handshake, outfit, accessories, brand of coffee, home address etc. The process was a standard online application, followed several weeks later by an invitation to interview in person at their office.

Interview Questions

• Several quite detailed scenario questions about managing urban water quality issues, as well as some searching questions about my process as a writer and where I feel I could improve in that area: the rest were more standard questions about my background, how I handle workplace conflicts.   Answer Question

Labor Equity Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, I applied online and was contacted the week of the interview to interview that Friday. A writing assignment and a powerpoint presentation on a real issue affecting this role.
    Three people interviewed me, a lot of the time you get the feeling in county and city roles that a person has already been chosen prior to the interview -- this was no exception.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about maneuvering through an organization you don't know anything about?   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply for job online. If you meet the criteria and are qualified, they contact you for interview either in person or by phone. Since I was unable to meet with them in person due to schedule conflict, I had a phone Interview. Interview panel includes the managers and regular staffs, asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage conflicts at work?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of 3 who had various roles in the department. The questions asked are the same for every candidate. There were 10 questions and covered what my education was and prior work experience. After this had a short test on accounting knowledge. Then had a short test on Excel skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a great day at work. What were you doing, with whom, what did you accomplish.   Answer Question

Oracle EBS Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Written Examination Followed by Face to Face Interview with an interview panel group from different groups across the division. Later final HR interview for Salary, Benefits, Move in Re-reimbursements negotiation etc.

Administrative Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online with resume and cover letter. I was invited via email to be part of a group interview process. Computer Testing (two tests) was followed by a group interview. There were approximated twelve of us being interviewed by 3 King County HR Employees.

Real Property Agent III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

First Interview was a panel interview of 4. Standard STAR questions. Also questions about how your values align with their government values that they claim to have. Second interview involved a written exercise which was impossible to finish. It was followed with another panel interview of the hiring manager with his supervisor and the section supervisor. It appears they wanted to see how one is under stress. All of the questions centered around how did you handle things not going as etunxpected. How did you change your objectives. There were six questions around this. I was told it would take two weeks to have them get back to me. They never did even though I was told I was one of two candidates. I found their lack of follow through very rude and unprofessional. Very disappointed, I had to call HR to get a final answer.

Interview Questions

• What do I like to do for fun - after a stressful second interview.   Answer Question

IT Applications Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with several people in a single interview (panel), which consisted of IT managers as well as managers from the client departments this position would be supporting. The tone of the interview was very cordial and conversational. It created a comfortable interview environment.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall - however the interview process has likely changed dramatically since I retired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since the salary structure is quite rigid, there was no room to negotiate. I accepted the initial offer. The offer was lower than my stated salary requirements, but I wanted the position and felt it was a good fit with future potential.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process is already defined. Questions follow a rigid protocol as not to show preference to an candidate, however this also causes poorly skilled but book smart employees to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a problematic co-worker?   1 Answer