King County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.9

Confidential Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There is usually at least 2 interviews when trying for a King County job. The first is more to see if you are qualified for the job, the second is more to determine if you are a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you define leadership? And how will you be a leader in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Strange group interview for a temporary on call position. There was a typing and data entry test. Hard to come up with 30 whole words for the process. Had to match the spelling of names within a time limit.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King County.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews with timed tests involving excel questions as well as general business situational questions. After the preliminary test an interview was conducted with several managers on the line asking about experience and how I would address their problems.

Airport Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I have been interviewed after 6 weeks from on-line submission, I went to the King County Airport and I met with 2 Engineers and business development manager,All the questions were kind of HR procedure questions and two or more were about the technical side

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a Skype interview because I was out of town, so I ended up logging onto the interview before they realized that I was there. There were 4 people there from different departments interviewing me and what I observed in those 30 seconds shaped how I viewed about potentially working there. They looked so grim and disconnected with each other, and honestly not very happy. The rest of the interview was pretty run of the mill--behavioral questions related to key qualifications related to the job. Innovation and close relationships with each other was definitely not something that I would attribute to King County after that interview. I thought right afterwards that if they asked me for a second interview (which they didn't end up doing), I would decline because it definitely didn't seem like a place I would like to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe racial equity as it pertains to King County?   Answer Question

Program/Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County.

Interview

A "hurry up and wait" process - rush posting followed by long wait to hear about interviews, then reasonable 1-2 weeks to schedule the interview itself. Everyone who interviewed me was very nice, but they were firm on the time allocation (1 hour) so no time for in-depth questions from me.

Interview Questions

• STAR format: "Describe a time when you did X, and what would you do differently?"   Answer Question

Limnologist (I) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Although I didn't get the job, the interview team was collegiate and welcoming and I feel I made some useful professional contacts. I feel I was judged on my professional merits and skills (which were a little thin for the position, no question) rather than ephemera like my handshake, outfit, accessories, brand of coffee, home address etc. The process was a standard online application, followed several weeks later by an invitation to interview in person at their office.

Interview Questions

• Several quite detailed scenario questions about managing urban water quality issues, as well as some searching questions about my process as a writer and where I feel I could improve in that area: the rest were more standard questions about my background, how I handle workplace conflicts.   Answer Question

Government Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of 5-6 people, who went around the room each asking about one question each per round of questioning. Everyone was polite and enjoyed their jobs. At the end, they asked what questions I had for the group of panelists.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle dealing with sensitive political issues and very senior government officials?   Answer Question

Labor Equity Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, I applied online and was contacted the week of the interview to interview that Friday. A writing assignment and a powerpoint presentation on a real issue affecting this role.
    Three people interviewed me, a lot of the time you get the feeling in county and city roles that a person has already been chosen prior to the interview -- this was no exception.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about maneuvering through an organization you don't know anything about?   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply for job online. If you meet the criteria and are qualified, they contact you for interview either in person or by phone. Since I was unable to meet with them in person due to schedule conflict, I had a phone Interview. Interview panel includes the managers and regular staffs, asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage conflicts at work?   Answer Question