King County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

King County Interview Questions

Interviews at King County

2.9

Law Enforcement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very drawn out. Panel inteview, then one-on-one, then panel for last few candidates - all over several weeks. Came to find out that the position was pretty much guaranteed to go to an individual already inside and related to someone in the organization. Very frustrating to spend so much time and energy and emotion on what amounts to a lost cause - and a waste of time for all concerned. Was just as well I didn't get the position, as it turns out, but the process is disappointing all the same.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "Describe a scenario when you . . . and then you and then you, and what did you do?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County in July 2013.

Interview

Quick, easy, direct

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply for job online. If you meet the criteria and are qualified, they contact you for interview either in person or by phone. Since I was unable to meet with them in person due to schedule conflict, I had a phone Interview. Interview panel includes the managers and regular staffs, asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you manage conflicts at work?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King County.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews with timed tests involving excel questions as well as general business situational questions. After the preliminary test an interview was conducted with several managers on the line asking about experience and how I would address their problems.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Then over a month later I got a phone call requesting an in-person interview on-site with two engineering managers.

The interview was very structured and formal. Managers literally went down a list of questions from HR and apologized at how boring it was because there wasn't any real conversation, just them asking questions and me giving my best answer. All questions were behavioral and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• You are working with an experienced client. What steps do you take when you initially approach them and work with them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was the bottom of the range they provide on the website.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King County.

Interview

One in-person interview with 3 people. I was interviewed before the close date for the position but then had to wait for other candidates, who applied later, to be interviewed. This took about 3 weeks to hear back on next steps.

Interview Questions

• The set-up of the interview is such that the people in the room took notes the whole time and there was very little back-and-forth conversation which makes it difficult to know if you're hitting the right points.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process is already defined. Questions follow a rigid protocol as not to show preference to an candidate, however this also causes poorly skilled but book smart employees to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a problematic co-worker?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at King County (Renton, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a group interview in a computer lab setting. There was a brief typing test and then just a few questions were asked of each person. It was overall a very quick and painless experience. The typing test was not difficult and the interview questions were not tricky or confusing. They largely focused on experience answering phones and typing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other major time commitments during the temporary time period of the job?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

multiple interviews - after 3 months of calls and interviews I received another offer - process not organized

Interview Questions

• So what do you think of --------------- (current VP of my current employer)?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County (Renton, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

First applied online for King County Elections, got a response for an in person interview the next day (usually takes a lot longer than this). Had to go in and do three separate tests: customer service, data entry, and WPM test. Aced all three and got offered a job on the spot. others had to wait for call backs.

Interview Questions

• The customer service questions are pretty biased or have more than one possible answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, temp work and no benefits.