Kingland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kingland

1.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kingland (Clear Lake, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

Process was pretty quick. I did 1 phone interview with the HR department and then 2 in-person interviews. Much to my dismay, they did not offer to cover any expense I incurred for these interviews (400 miles away) even when asked.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Beware negotiating with Kingland, though. They may raise your salary at the time of negotiation, but it will get absorbed when you receive a promotion. Only your title will be promoted, your pay will remain the same until the typical salary for your position exceeds it.

Research Data Analyst Interview

Interview

No difficult questions, nothing caught me off guard and the guy seemed really nice/friendly. He acted like I got the job and basically implied they would confirm it over the phone in a week or two so I was pretty confident leaving the interview, but after like 4 days I got an email saying they rejected me. Waste of time, but I don't feel too bothered because they do not pay their interns well anyway.

Interview Questions

• Some personality based questions and also asked about GPA. The rest was pretty much just like a regular conversation between a friend, it was really not stressful at all and I definitely felt like I'd get the job.   Answer Question

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kingland (Ames, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called to make an 1:1 interview at the company after a week of applying. Most interview questions were about your past skills and experiences. Example, tell me more about yourself and asking for a situation were you performed well or badly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kingland.

Interview

Very Simple Process. One in person interview about your experiences. They explain the job and requirements of it then tell you they will get back to you shortly. The interviewer was very friendly and casual.

Date Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kingland (Ames, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

If the interviewer didn't ask you a lot of question or tell you about company/position, it's very likely that he/she not interested in you. If you were taking a break from school or having a professional job during that time, you would also get rejected.

Interview Questions

• How was your semester going?   1 Answer

Kingland Response

Nov 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and for taking the time to interview with us. Although we feel our location and flexible hours make a Data Research... More

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kingland (Ames, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very basic. It was conduct by an HR intern who asked a variety of simple interview questions as it was intended for college-level students with not much experience.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to commit to consecutive semesters to our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kingland (Ames, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. You email HR your resume and interest in playing for what position you're applying for.the process was really easy, nothing too dramatic and it got over before I even knew. It was so easy any one could get the job. I don't think there's anyone they don't hire unless of course there's drug abuse or something history associated with your profile. They do check you fro drugs screening.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions like have you ever worked in a group , how did you like it ? Have there been any conflicts ? Have you experienced a time where to had to learn something new about your job ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kingland (Ames, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief and to the point. Very average interview questions pretty much to see if you can talk to people. Followed along the lines of tell me about yourself, why did you choose Iowa State, why did you choose your degree. Very high chance you will get hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you need to solve a problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kingland (Des Moines, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Get contacted in one week, was asked to show in local office to do the interview. There was no phone interview just onsite. Was offered the job on site right after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kingland.

Interview

A straight forward interview. My interviewer was very kind and approachable. It was an overall good experience. It did not take terribly long to conduct and I felt welcomed in the environment.