Kings Island Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kings Island Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

1.7

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later. Went in for several questions and it was a group interview with two other applicants and drug test and was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call and proceeded to complete a phone interview. The questions were pretty much the generic: "Why do you want to work here?" "How did you hear about this job?" "What skills do you have that would make you a good candidate for this job?" I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the interview, I interviewed at the same time as 6 other people (so 7 in total). After the group interview, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Pick a stuffed animal off the table that best describes you and then tell why you picked the animal you did.   Answer Question
    • You are stranded on a desert island. What are three things you would take with you to help you survive?   Answer Question
    • You were given two different scenarios and asked to come up with solutions to those scenarios as a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kings Island in March 2017.

Interview

I came in for a job fair in early March. The specific department I was applying for wasn't there that day but I could do a group interview and was told that if I made it through the group interview then I was hired, it was just a matter of seeing if I would work in the specific position I'd applied for or another one.

I made it through the group interview then waited an hour before I was dismissed, the information about that specific department reiterated. I was contacted soon after by that department and told they didn't have an open position but would I like my information passed on to another department with a similar position open. I said yes and never heard back from that other department. I ended up emailing the first department back - twice - to have them talk to the second department before they finally just got in touch with HR.

Then I saw that KI had posted on Craigslist about a fee open positions and called one of those departments - this would be a third department. The person who answered there gave me HR's number so I called them and left them a message a few times. I also called this department back and reiterated that I'd be interested in working for them.

So out of four departments - the original, the second, the one I got to through Craigslist, and HR - I only ever heard back from one person.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck on an island and could only bring three items what would you bring?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Kings Island, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was actually good.
    I got to play two truths and a lie with 6 other people, kind of like an ice breaker.
    We also had to build a plastic Rollercoaster with specific instructions.
    Tip: Be outgoing , even if you have to pretend, say hello to the people in the back, and always try to show leadership any way you can, but not an overbearing amount.

Interview Questions

• A man says his son's toy is broken, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was fun it wasn't what I was expecting at all. It was a group interview about 5 of us total. We did group building exercises and had lots of fun doing it.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Rides Dept #1 cornerstone is?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kings Island in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call and was asked a few questions [see below]. At the end of the call, I scheduled a time to come in for a group interview. I was there with 4 others (2 adults, 2 teens) all applying for different positions. We each introduced ourselves and then were given a teamwork-centered activity. After that, we were given two scenarios that could happen in the park [see below] and had to work it out as a team. After that, the three interviewers left the room for a few minutes. They came back in and told us that we were all being offered jobs. From there, we waited for a representative from our respective department to take us to fill out paperwork. The process was painless and relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? (On Phone)   1 Answer
    • What traits qualify you for this job? (On Phone)   1 Answer
    • When working in a store, what do you think are the three most important things to do? (On Phone)   1 Answer
    • While you're sweeping, a customer approaches you and says that their pizza is cold and their fries are soggy. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • You're working in a store when a customer comes to you with a shirt and receipt and tells you that they were supposed to receive a discount and they did not. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of pay. 15 year olds start at $7.50/hr, other entry-level positions get around $8.25-$9.

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in late December and got a call about 4 weeks later to set up an interview. I was one of the first interviews for the new season. Went in at my time but nobody else signed up for my time, so I had a personal interview. Super easy, relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Pick a topic of your choice, and hold a pretend conversation with the other person in the room.   1 Answer
    • Read this ride spiel to the best of your ability.   1 Answer
    • Why do you think appearance is important to the company?   1 Answer
    • What clubs are you in?   Answer Question

Interview

Easy. Just a basic interview and math test. Did have to attempt to sell an object but was generally easy. Asked about personality. Did ask about experience but I had none so I used examples from my high school experience to substitute.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this item to a guest?   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me in about a week after I applied, and presented me with a bunch of scenario's one may encounter in the park, and asked how I would respond. They asked what I needed improvement in, what I was good at, etc. They asked about my references, what I thought they would say. They asked what I thought I would like the most, and dislike the most, about working at King's Island. Overall, a very friendly, straightforward interview. Took about 30 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you encountered a frustrating individual
      Explain a time you were part of a group project and someone wasn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

It went great, the interviewer seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say and asked valid questions about previous experiences and my background. I enjoyed the process and working there overall.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer at your past job?   Answer Question