Kings Island Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Sort:

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call saying that I had been offered an interview. You have to have been previously employed by the Rides Department at Kings Island. The interview is in person with one full-timer and one Area supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online in early January. At the end of the month I had an informal phone interview to gauge my interest in the position, and was offered an in-person interview at the end of the call. Interviewed at the park in mid-February and accepted the job when offered about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you get a call that a printer is not working. Describe the steps you would take to troubleshoot it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kings Island.

Interview

It was a joke. If you have a pulse they will hire you. You take a math test, which is just addition and subtraction. It was a teenager that does the interviews and you can tell she is reading from a script and has no experience with interviewing.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

They asked you to try and sell something and did a math test. It was fairly simple and overall a nice quick interview. They hire anyone on the spot but processing and orientation take forever. Training takes a while too, The math test was simple addition and subtraction and they always wanted you to get a pretty decent score.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy. Just a basic interview and math test. Did have to attempt to sell an object but was generally easy. Asked about personality. Did ask about experience but I had none so I used examples from my high school experience to substitute.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this item to a guest?   1 Answer

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kings Island (Kings Island, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy, not very hard questions. They asked several merchandise and sales type questions. As well as they gave you an item to try and sell to them to show that you're able to be outgoing and create a good experience for the guests.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kings Island in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call and was asked a few questions [see below]. At the end of the call, I scheduled a time to come in for a group interview. I was there with 4 others (2 adults, 2 teens) all applying for different positions. We each introduced ourselves and then were given a teamwork-centered activity. After that, we were given two scenarios that could happen in the park [see below] and had to work it out as a team. After that, the three interviewers left the room for a few minutes. They came back in and told us that we were all being offered jobs. From there, we waited for a representative from our respective department to take us to fill out paperwork. The process was painless and relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? (On Phone)   1 Answer
    • What traits qualify you for this job? (On Phone)   1 Answer
    • When working in a store, what do you think are the three most important things to do? (On Phone)   1 Answer
    • While you're sweeping, a customer approaches you and says that their pizza is cold and their fries are soggy. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • You're working in a store when a customer comes to you with a shirt and receipt and tells you that they were supposed to receive a discount and they did not. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of pay. 15 year olds start at $7.50/hr, other entry-level positions get around $8.25-$9.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Sit down with an HR member, all basic questions. Just don't say something stupid and you'll be ok. They give you a "3 strike" policy, i.e. as long as you don't screw up 3 times, you should get hired

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was simple. Accompanied by a simple math assessment. It was not hard at all, nothing to be worried about. Other than that I can't remember. I believe they actually interviewed myself and another employee at the same time.

Games Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

easy, interviewed by previous managers, they were attentive, and knew me already so it wasn't very awkward. It was fine I had no issues at all. They gave me a vibe the whole time I would get the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fine