Kings Island Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

1.7

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in late December and got a call about 4 weeks later to set up an interview. I was one of the first interviews for the new season. Went in at my time but nobody else signed up for my time, so I had a personal interview. Super easy, relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Pick a topic of your choice, and hold a pretend conversation with the other person in the room.   1 Answer
    • Read this ride spiel to the best of your ability.   1 Answer
    • Why do you think appearance is important to the company?   1 Answer
    • What clubs are you in?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Interview

Easy. Just a basic interview and math test. Did have to attempt to sell an object but was generally easy. Asked about personality. Did ask about experience but I had none so I used examples from my high school experience to substitute.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this item to a guest?   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me in about a week after I applied, and presented me with a bunch of scenario's one may encounter in the park, and asked how I would respond. They asked what I needed improvement in, what I was good at, etc. They asked about my references, what I thought they would say. They asked what I thought I would like the most, and dislike the most, about working at King's Island. Overall, a very friendly, straightforward interview. Took about 30 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you encountered a frustrating individual
      Explain a time you were part of a group project and someone wasn't pulling their weight.
      Answer Question

Games Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kings Island (Kings Island, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Warning: This description is fairly detailed.
    Just for context: I am 16 years old, and this was my first ever job interview. I applied and was interviewed in early April, 2016. I brought a resume to my interview, but it was never needed or mentioned. But I personally do suggest bringing a resume, just as a reference when you are answering questions. Plus, writing a resume can really help prepare you for your interview.

The whole interviewing process was painless. I had done a decent amount of research (especially the night before, because I was so nervous), which really prepared me. I applied online for the games department on a Monday, they called me up that Wednesday, asked a few yes/no questions over the phone (they also asked why I wanted to work there, if I was comfortable managing large amounts of cash, and a couple more questions like that), and then we scheduled an interview for Saturday of that same week. The whole thing went by very quickly- over the course of six days.
    The actual interview was fairly easy. They told me that the interview was split up into two portions. First, would be a couple questions, one-on-one, then a group activity with a couple of other applicants.
    First, they took me to an office area where they asked me a few one-on-one questions, such as, 'are you a registered sex offender' or 'have you committed any crimes," basic stuff like that. Then they asked some questions about myself, such as, 'If I (the interviewer) were to call up one of your teachers, what would they tell me about you?'
    That portion of the interview went by so fast and with so much ease. It only took a few minutes. After that part, they took me to a room where they told me to take whatever seat I wanted, and that they were going to do a few group activities with a some of the other interviewee's. I was the first one there (I was half an hour early) so I waited alone in that room for about 15-20 minutes before other applicants started to trickle in. I waited a total of about (there were no clocks, and my phone was turned off so I am just guessing) 45 minutes. I actually found the waiting part to be very relaxing and it helped to relieve a lot of my nerves.
    Over that time period, three other applicants came in and sat down. Then two interviewers came in, and we began the group activities, where we were put into imaginary scenarios and had to figure things out as a team. Sometimes all four of us worked together, sometimes it was split into two teams of two. We also were put into job situations where we were given different scenarios where we had to attract people and get them to play the games. If you have the chance, get to know your fellow interviewee's while you're waiting. Trust me. It helps. Also, be early.
    After the group interview was over, the two interviewers left to discuss whether we got the job- and what positions. They came back and took one of us out of the room. The three remaining out of the four applicants in my group got jobs.
    As a group of three, one of the interviewers offered us remaining three applicants different jobs on the spot, where we all accepted and we proceeded to discuss wages/other aspects, and ask questions about the jobs.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on an island, maybe forever, what is one item that would you bring?   1 Answer
    • If a large group of people/gathering were planning a picnic somewhere, what are the top five aspects about Kings Island that you would use to convince the it's the best place to have a picnic?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kings Island.

Interview

It was a very relaxed and fun interview. Somewhat serious but pretty laid back overall. The interviewer was very nice and funny, the guy next to me was too. We all got along pretty well and cracked a few jokes every now and again. We managed to get off topic a few times and suprisingly, I came out of my shell a little more than usual and held a friendly air. Most of the questions are things you answered when you filled out the application, others were scenarios or the famous "Why should I hire you?" question. Take your time when you answer, a well thought out answer is better than a sloppy answer.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online in early January. At the end of the month I had an informal phone interview to gauge my interest in the position, and was offered an in-person interview at the end of the call. Interviewed at the park in mid-February and accepted the job when offered about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you get a call that a printer is not working. Describe the steps you would take to troubleshoot it.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kings Island.

Interview

It was a joke. If you have a pulse they will hire you. You take a math test, which is just addition and subtraction. It was a teenager that does the interviews and you can tell she is reading from a script and has no experience with interviewing.

Foods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kings Island (Kings Island, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was in one of the open interviews that they have where you can just walk in and take an interview. If you did not apply online already, they had computers for you to submit an application. I had to wait a few minutes before somebody could interview me and once he was available I was taken to a curtained off area of the feasthaus and did a 1 on 1 interview with him.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time in your life, a school project maybe, that 1 member of the group was not performing and what you did because of that. What was the outcome of the project? (I explained a school project)   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kings Island (Mason, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a group interview in Mason, OH after completing the online application. I was directed to the Festhaus, where I two other applicants and I sat across from the interviewer. He was very friendly and welcoming, he made you immediately want to be a part of the Kings Island team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?
      2. How would you handle a family that was upset that their child was not tall enough for the ride?
      3. As a team, design a new sign for an attraction here in the park.
      4. What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?
      5. Give an example ride spiel
      Answer Question

Food and Beverage Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kings Island (Kings Island, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

-Group Interview
    -Lasts about 15 mins
    -they ask you about 10 questions
    -they usually will tell you if you're hired at end of the interview
    -they don't really put you on the spot, they're very calm and friendly

Interview Questions

• They ask you to sell a product for them. And show them
      How you would. For example, Show me how you'd sell this souvenir bottle?
      1 Answer
    • How would I deal with a customer that asks where to locate the Eiffel Tower?   1 Answer