Kit and Ace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews.

The first interview was in person at their Cow Hollow store with the regional manager. It's in an alley on Fillmore by Real Food, across from Fredericksen Hardware. Thought it was a random location. I immediately felt at ease and very nervous all at once. This girl has her stuff together yet she was very warm at the same time. Questions like: What does integrity mean to you? Who's influencing San Francisco people? What is the difference between a leader and a boss?
    She also asks questions about your questions if she doesn't think you answered the question. I was sweating! After the interview, she gave me 10 min to ask questions and I left feeling like I really wanted to work for this company. Inspiring. Tough interview but conversation flowed. She is somebody I would want to work for and wouldn't want to disappoint. Felt like I could learn a lot from her.

My second interview was over Skype. She does marketing for North America and reports to the founder. I was surprised that somebody that high up in the company was interviewing me but that also goes to show that the company is still small and growing which I love. She was in a sports bra and took the interview from bed. That set the tone for the interview and it was fun and relaxed. She didn't really ask me any questions. We talked about what she does and what her role is in the company. She has an impressive background. Her job sounds fun and they sound like they're up to cool things and have some big budgets which is nice considering I come from the start-up world and that's rare. I walked away from both interviews feeling excited about the opportunity. Two very different interactions and both were great.

Interview Questions

• What is integrity? Boss vs. leader? What do you do during your free time? Tell me the last time you gave feedback. Last time you got feedback. If you could have anybody's role, what would that be? What is your 5 year goal? WHAT?! There was a lot more but those were the stand-outs.

Be prepared to get follow up questions to your answers. And everything that can prepare you for the interview is on their website so read up!   Answer Question

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I was recruited for the job by a mutual connection and was contacted by a Kit and Ace recruiter. The initial recruiter interview was relaxed and conversational. Focused on employee relations and the culture of the company. My second interview was with the District Manager. This interview was job responsibility focused.

Real Estate Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews scheduled before speaking with anyone. The first interview I had was with HR via skype. The second interview I met with someone in person. Both conversations went really well. They made it very easy and comfortable to talk to them when being nervous for an interview. I received an email the day after asking for 3 business references. Shortly after I received a phone call with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What was one mistake you've made in your current job?   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I emailed the manager my resume and a phone interview a couple of days later. It was a really standard interview with the usual question nothing to hard. It was a relaxed easygoing interview that lasted about 15 minutes.

SHOP SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly smooth, asked direct questions related to job description and were very honest about the layout of the company (start-up, so expect some bumps in the road).

However, once I was interviewed, it took about 3 weeks to receive paperwork to sign. Like any courteous person, you want to give at least 2 weeks to your current employer, and I felt like I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear back from Kit and Ace!

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? Can you live in integrity every day? Here is your basic job description, do you think you can handle these tasks day to day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A smart interviewee would ask for a higher wage than what they anticipate, but they were firm on the hourly wage.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. You sit on a couch drink sparkly water and get asked about your life goals and where you want to be in ten years.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one in person the other on the phone. You will be contacted within days of applying asked to come for a preliminary interview. You will have a great conversation about your goals, who you are and where you want to be. They will then call you on the phone and someone else will ask you similar questions along with some contextual based questions.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (Bloomington, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Met with SD and JSD. They were eating pickles at the table when I walked in. Basic questions about my experience, where I see myself in 10 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kit and Ace (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back and was held at the shop, casually sitting at the table. Questions about my experience in the field. Asked about what I do in my off time. Am I considered a "team player." How did I hear about Kit & Ace? Reviewing my resume. Contacting my references.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
      "what does integrity mean to you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what my minimum base pay could be and they actually offered me $2 more per hour than what I was expecting.

Shop Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kit and Ace in November 2014.

Interview

It took about 3 in person interviews, with three different people who were on the team. It was very personal and you felt right at home with the shop. A welcoming environment overall.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions and questions as to what you want to do. Integrity was a big factor.   1 Answer