Kite.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kite.com

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kite.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A technical phone screen with a coding problem and another phone call discussing the company/role and my background. Then an onsite including several one on one interviews including a whiteboard coding problem, several laptop coding problems, verbal technical questions, and behavioral questions. Met most of the engineering team and spoke with several engineers at length about my background/work experience and projects and engineering at Kite. Spoke with CEO about Kite's vision/product roadmap, the roles that were being filled and how I would fit in. Shortly after this onsite, I was extended an offer. I then visited the office again and also had some other one on one coffee chats and phone calls with folks on the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Someone from Kite reached out to me via email, where we set up an intro phone call. From there, I did a phone screen, went onsite, and concluded by meeting with my hiring manager. All the individuals I interviewed with were incredibly bright, yet thoughtful and courteous. Furthermore, I really appreciated how organized they were throughout the process, even though I interviewed over the holidays and required some flexibility with timelines. Because of my experience during the process, I felt confident that I'd be joining a strong team where the employee experience was valued.

Interview Questions

• Standard coding challenge questions + technical design/architecture   Answer Question

Technical Sourcer Interview

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and set up a 30 minute phone screen. Then I was invited in to meet the CEO and to get lunch with the rest of the team. The whole process was fluid and quick, and the recruiter was very responsive.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kite.com (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I got in touch with Kite after finding a job posting on google jobs. I really quickly got an answer from the head of ML to schedule a phone screen. I was already interviewing with other companies so I asked for the process to go fast, and it was (2 weeks from first contact to onsite being done).
    The first phone screen was general and focused on learning more about kite and presenting myself and why I was interested to work there. A technical phone screen followed, on of the most technical I've ever done but well controlled and guided.
    The on-site was really interesting, people have a really good technical level and are passionnated about what they do and we frequently went a bit offtrack to talk about what ML can allow in code completion.
    I then had a follow up onsite to talk about some culture fit questions and I then got an offer after that.
    The whole process was pretty smooth and with good communication. I really appreciate that they've been able to make it fast enough to get into the same time frame than the other interviews I was having.

Interview Questions

• Some ML questions but also quite a few questions about general SE/system architecture question. The global CS level in the team is pretty high (even in the ML team).   Answer Question
    • The technical phone screen was more oriented toward software engineering and pretty challenging but that made it really interesting.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kite.com (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I saw the job posting on LinkedIn - though it was very interesting and applied online. Shortly after I was contacted by a recruiter and we had a phone screen. Then a technical phone interview was scheduled, followed by another phone call with the ML team manager about the team, the company in general. In the same week, I went onsite (big thanks to the recruiting team to schedule it since I was on a tight schedule due to visa status). There were coding questions with laptop, ML questions and discussions on whiteboard and so on. I met other team members during lunch. Also had a chance to speak with the CEO and ML team lead. I got an offer right away, again due to my tight schedule. A couple days later, I happily accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• ML questions with mathematical deductions, including MLE. Technical discussions about the Kite-specific prediction tasks.   Answer Question
    • Basic algorithm and data structure questions.   Answer Question

Growth Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kite.com (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone screen for interest and skills fit with recruiter. Phone call with founder/CEO for further screen for interest and skills fit, plus to discuss growth strategy, success criteria. Almost a full-day in person to meet team members who the role interacted with frequently; very much a two-way discussion of skills, challenges, successes, culture, etc. Gave impression of a friendly, candid team that's hungry to solve tough problems together.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Kite? What are you looking for in your next role?   Answer Question
    • How have you approached working with engineers in the past?   Answer Question
    • What is a campaign you've directed that you're proud of?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kite.com (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Kite flew me in to interview in person after a few phone screenings. They were very supportive and very easy to work with. On site, I spoke with seven team members including the company founder, which was a great way to get to know the company better. Most of it was just getting to know each other, but there were some traditional interview questions. Everyone was very friendly, the environment was productive, and the whole group had a great vision and lots of good ideas for the future of the company. The turnaround was quick and seamless. They asked me to come in the next day and presented an offer to me, which was a great offer. They were flexible with my needs and open to being extremely supportive. They gave me several days to think it over as well. Ultimately, I had an opportunity to become a professional athlete and decided to pursue that path, but my experience with Kite was fantastic and I would certainly choose to work with them if I had settled on a more professional work pathway!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to deal with a difficult teammate or a difficult circumstance, and explain how you overcame that challenge?   Answer Question
    • Take me through a thought experiment as to how you might recruit some top engineering talent to Kite.   Answer Question
    • They asked many personal, get-to-know-you type questions. It seems that the company cares more about your fit culture wise, and whether you are a driven, intelligent, and genuine person, rather than drilling you on "prepared" interview responses.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kite.com (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Product lead cold emailed me, then followed up with phone screen, onsite lunch to meet the team with an interview afterwards, then one more onsite with four interviews.

They were able to move quickly and moved from one step to the next in a day or two, so the process took a few weeks because I did not have much availability.

The onsite lunch with the team was a nice touch to see if there was a culture fit. Tough but insightful questions, which also help you see what your future coworkers value and how they think through problems.

Interview Questions

• My past experience: "tell me about a time you ...", more attention paid to machine learning experience   Answer Question
    • Product design questions: some relevant to domain while others were pie in the sky   Answer Question
    • Self-reflection and fit: what kind of role you want to have, your strengths and weaknesses, what makes a good PM   Answer Question