Kite.com Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2019

5.0
Kite.com Founder and CEO Adam Smith (no image)
Adam Smith

"Great ML/DL company with strong team and product!"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

- ML models are part of the core product, having good and reliable models is a priority - Extracting dataset from GitHub allows having a lot of clean data in big quantity - Really good benefits (health, events, equipment/computers) - Highly skilled team, in term of engineering, ML theory, and organization - Good culture, lot of events with the whole company, that's really helpful to know each other well and to work together efficiently

Cons

- Working with source code raises a lot of privacy concern that we have to be careful about - Not that much else (maybe the building lack a bit of man bathroom stall, but definitely not a big issue! )

Continue reading

"Challenging, fulfilling work with really smart people"

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work we do and the product are technically challenging and innovative so it feels very fulfilling and motivating to keep pushing the boundaries and to bring Kite to everyone. The people here are so bright and sharp yet the most humble and friendly group of people I've worked with. Because of the size of the company and the openness of the company, there's a lot of independence and freedom to work on various stuff. The team is very supportive and understanding and fun to work with!

Cons

Like any early stage start up, lots of moving parts and not fully structured in process and teams (but this just means you are part of establishing the company!)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Experienced CEO with a strong roadmap. 2. Smart and collaborative colleagues. 3. Interesting Problems to work on. 4. Managers are technical and capable. 5. Competitive salary 6. Support my paternity leave

Cons

Scrappy team, so fewer perks than a big company. A lot to do on a small team, especially before launch.

"Superb place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is super interesting along a number of different dimensions, and the space we're in is really compelling as well; exposure to new technology and ideas; super high ability to make an impact early; great culture (open, autonomy to do your work, high trust, transparent, flexible, and empathetic leadership, major emphasis on product quality); colleagues are excellent - uniformly bright, kind and competent; great perks (lunches, dinners, outings, equipment)

Cons

need for autonomy may not be for some. the work we do is also difficult, and requires a certain amount of intensity and tenacity to do well

"Strong Team Solving Complex Problems!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Stellar team (both in terms of skills and personalities) -Daily Lunch/Dinner (and plenty of snacks in between) -Outstanding CEO, always open to new ideas, transparent communication -Office location (near Union Sq) makes for easy commute -Work/Life balance is good -Solving cutting edge problems, being a leader in our field -A chance to make real impact, this product has the potential to transform the field of Software Engineering

Cons

-Some lack of structure (could also be seen as a positive, depending how you look at it)

"highly technical work, top notch team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- talented and intelligent peers to learn from - exceptionally interesting problems in program analysis & machine learning - high degree of autonomy: no bureaucracy - early movers in reaching inevitable vision of AI-assisted programming - great work/life balance

Cons

Selling developer tools will always be a challenge -- that's what makes it fun!

"Smart People Pushing the Bounds of Technology"

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive team with a nice office and healthy work-life balance. I like how everyone makes an effort to work daily from HQ, and that we eat lunch together every day. Very open culture/management with undertones of mutual respect and camaraderie -- everyone has a good idea of our company’s future and why we made those decisions. Fully stocked kitchen and top-of-the-line equipment (macbook pros, curved monitors, etc) shows the employee experience is valued.

Cons

The open office plan can be a little distracting

"Incredibly Talented Team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

-intelligent colleagues -transparent communication -fast paced work environment -exciting problems to work on -ability to work with inspiring and passionate people with great backgrounds -awesome benefits, compensation, and team bonding activities!

Cons

I really love working here. If you enjoy working in small teams and being apart of an early stage start up, this is definitely the place for you.

Continue reading

"Ambitious company, talented team"

5.0

I have been working at Kite.com full-time

Pros

Hard technical problems, exciting vision, talented team with good vibes

Cons

Should celebrate our milestones / successes more

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews