KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kite.com Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2022

Found 11 of over 11 reviews

4.8
Kite.com Founder and CEO Adam Smith (no image)
Adam Smith

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Positive Work Experience

Mar 15, 2022 - Python Code Curator in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule and good company culture

Cons

No cons come to mind

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unorganized Project

Aug 20, 2020 - Remote Coder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and helpful coworkers

Cons

Management seemed unprofessional, over hired for part time project and had to let many workers go long before estimated project end time.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great ML/DL company with strong team and product!

Jun 19, 2019 - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- ML models are part of the core product, having good and reliable models is a priority - Extracting dataset from GitHub allows having a lot of clean data in big quantity - Really good benefits (health, events, equipment/computers) - Highly skilled team, in term of engineering, ML theory, and organization - Good culture, lot of events with the whole company, that's really helpful to know each other well and to work together efficiently

Cons

- Working with source code raises a lot of privacy concern that we have to be careful about - Not that much else (maybe the building lack a bit of man bathroom stall, but definitely not a big issue! )

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Challenging, fulfilling work with really smart people

Apr 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work we do and the product are technically challenging and innovative so it feels very fulfilling and motivating to keep pushing the boundaries and to bring Kite to everyone. The people here are so bright and sharp yet the most humble and friendly group of people I've worked with. Because of the size of the company and the openness of the company, there's a lot of independence and freedom to work on various stuff. The team is very supportive and understanding and fun to work with!

Cons

Like any early stage start up, lots of moving parts and not fully structured in process and teams (but this just means you are part of establishing the company!)

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 12, 2019 - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Experienced CEO with a strong roadmap. 2. Smart and collaborative colleagues. 3. Interesting Problems to work on. 4. Managers are technical and capable. 5. Competitive salary 6. Support my paternity leave

Cons

Scrappy team, so fewer perks than a big company. A lot to do on a small team, especially before launch.

6. 5.0

Superb place to work

Mar 11, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work is super interesting along a number of different dimensions, and the space we're in is really compelling as well; exposure to new technology and ideas; super high ability to make an impact early; great culture (open, autonomy to do your work, high trust, transparent, flexible, and empathetic leadership, major emphasis on product quality); colleagues are excellent - uniformly bright, kind and competent; great perks (lunches, dinners, outings, equipment)

Cons

need for autonomy may not be for some. the work we do is also difficult, and requires a certain amount of intensity and tenacity to do well

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Strong Team Solving Complex Problems!

Feb 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Stellar team (both in terms of skills and personalities) -Daily Lunch/Dinner (and plenty of snacks in between) -Outstanding CEO, always open to new ideas, transparent communication -Office location (near Union Sq) makes for easy commute -Work/Life balance is good -Solving cutting edge problems, being a leader in our field -A chance to make real impact, this product has the potential to transform the field of Software Engineering

Cons

-Some lack of structure (could also be seen as a positive, depending how you look at it)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

highly technical work, top notch team

Feb 4, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- talented and intelligent peers to learn from - exceptionally interesting problems in program analysis & machine learning - high degree of autonomy: no bureaucracy - early movers in reaching inevitable vision of AI-assisted programming - great work/life balance

Cons

Selling developer tools will always be a challenge -- that's what makes it fun!

9. 5.0

Smart People Pushing the Bounds of Technology

Aug 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team with a nice office and healthy work-life balance. I like how everyone makes an effort to work daily from HQ, and that we eat lunch together every day. Very open culture/management with undertones of mutual respect and camaraderie -- everyone has a good idea of our company’s future and why we made those decisions. Fully stocked kitchen and top-of-the-line equipment (macbook pros, curved monitors, etc) shows the employee experience is valued.

Cons

The open office plan can be a little distracting

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Ambitious company, talented team

Aug 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard technical problems, exciting vision, talented team with good vibes

Cons

Should celebrate our milestones / successes more

2 people found this review helpful