Knowledge Delivery Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knowledge Delivery Systems Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Knowledge Delivery Systems

Online Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Knowledge Delivery Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted for a brief, 15 minute phone interview. Followed up 2 weeks later and received 2 assessment assignments. Initially given 2 homework assignments on data analysis of student progress and draft an email. Assignments were due before the 2 hr skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were standard during the phone interview: strengths/weaknesses, leadership roles. The 2 hr interview was mostly going over my resume with 4 managers. They were looking for someone to streamline operations with extensive management experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knowledge Delivery Systems (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR director who scheduled the interview. I showed up on time and was escorted to a conference room where I was told to wait for the department manager. The department manager kept me waiting for over 30 minutes and finally appears (she seemed breathless and in a big hurry). She asked me a couple of questions and then asked me to stay put while she "gathered her team."

The team members arrive, most of them didn't seem to have any notice of my interview, and met with me for another 30 minutes asking a lot of questions that didn't seem to matter at all to the position, but didn't seem to really care all that much about their own jobs or explaining anything about the company or the department. Most of these people seemed new to the company anyway and didn't have anything helpful to say.

Finally the "team" leaves the room and I'm left wondering what will happen next. The department manager comes back in and says that she would have liked me to meet the CFO and other people (like this hasn't gone on long enough and I have the entire day to sit there waiting for her to figure stuff out), but he is "busy" with other things and it would need to wait.

A few days later I get a call from HR to come back in for another interview. I agree to come back in and have a second interview, where everything was pretty much exactly the same! The department manager was late and (much like before) too busy to deal with this stuff, so she brings in other members of the team to meet with me (yes, again) and then, finally, the CFO arrives.

The CFO actually had a lot of good questions and actually seemed to know a little bit about hiring people. After more time with the CFO, I'm told that a decision would be made soon. This completes the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty easy. The CFO asked at one point how I would help the company be more efficient and improve process. In hindsight, this was probably the most unexpected question (after working at the company for a little while, I soon learned that they have no process and everyone pretty much gets stuff done by scrambling at the last minute and asking temps or low level minions to get stuff done over the weekend before a big deadline).   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR emailed me and asked for salary requirements. I told her X amount and then a couple days later they offered exactly that much. I really needed a job at the time and accepted the offer, there was no negotiation phase.

I would tell other people to ask for a range (low-high) and then try to get even more money than you really need or want. This company isn't really worth the time or trouble. Just read the reviews and you'll see what I mean.

So, try to get more money out of them in the beginning instead of just accepting the first offer you get. Trust me: You will be looking for another opportunity after the first week at KDS. If your salary requirements put you out of the running and they get someone else for the job, you will find something else.

This company would be doing you a HUGE favor by not offering you the position. Move on to the next thing as quickly as you can.