Kona Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kona Grill Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kona Grill (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and was contacted for an interview. I interviewed twice and was contacted for a third interview and told them I would check my schedule to make sure the time would work and called them back about 30 minutes later. When I called back they said they didn't need me anymore, so clearly that was not the right thing to do.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a corporate restaurant before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kona Grill (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief questions about customer experience since I did not have any Restaurant/Hostess experience
    And asked about my supervisor experience in my retail background. Interviewed offsite and interview took less than 30 minutes with my resume in hand.

Interview Questions

• where do I see myself within the company in a couple years?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kona Grill.

Interview

Come in dressed appropriately (professional, modest, cute) and be prepared with your work history and to tell about yourself. Make sure to smile! Hosts are supposed to be happy and smile a lot, so start here at the interview process. Show the management that you can do the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kona Grill (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to interview three times but I only got past the second one.Y you have to get through three managers to get the job and that was not good.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kona Grill in August 2016.

Interview

Sat down for an interview and asked about previous experience, all the managers were around and seemed comfortable around each other by joking around. Hired on the spot. They did a mass hiring and conducted a two week paid training period while there restaurant was still being built. Took SO MANY tests and were told that if we did not pass them we wouldn't be scheduled.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kona Grill (Austin, TX).

Interview

Tense and awkward. The owner is tough on new comers, constantly doubts your abilities, approaches issues in an unadultlike manner, and reprimands employees in front of others instead of taking his issues into the back room. If you get hired, be prepared to pass a bunch of tests, know the menu upside down and inside out, including nearly 50 sushi rolls and all of their ingredients, and be prepared to work long hours with breaks.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kona Grill (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted the next day about an interview. Had the Interview a couple days later and the manager and GM of tbe restaurant both interviewed me. And I was hired on the spot.

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kona Grill.

Interview

I met with 2 managers. They were both very friendly and straight forward. The environment at Kona is very positive and its a fast paced atmosphere; noticeable as soon as you walk in.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous job experience and how it could be beneficial at Kona.   1 Answer

Sauté Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kona Grill (San Juan, PR) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very profesional and pretty fast straight to the point and very clear on what they were looking for always looked at me straight in the eyes and I could see the seriousness of the company

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kona Grill (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I had applied for the job of hostess but they had already filled the positions that they were looking for. So the manager told me she would hire me on as a servers assistant and, depending on how well I did I could be moved up to server. I was moved up to server before the training even started.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals?   1 Answer