Konecranes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.5

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Konecranes (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was good. Communication throughout the duration was impressive. As soon as I submitted my resume I received an email letting me know that it was received. The next day I received another email stating they wanted to conduct a phone interview. The email I received explained the process and gave four different days and a multitude of time ranges for the phone screening. Following the phone screening an online test was sent, which took about an hour to complete.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Konecranes (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a quick interviewing process. Basically lasted 30 mins tops, went in sat down answered skills questions, and that was it. Relaxed just a conversation between people. There was no intimidation factor involved, relaxed atmosphere. That might be the problem everything didn't seem to organized, but that is what made the interview easy i suppose. Overall I would rate it a 3/5, not too hard but felt like they only wanted a body to fill a chair.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an okay experience nothing special.

Crane Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Konecranes (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Relaxed. Phone interview, then at the office with the branch manager. Then a knowledge test to see if you meet the requirements of the job. Pretty relaxed atmosphere. Normal job questions about motors, electric/pneumatic design, and coustomer service. Other than that a few phone calls and emails and I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've dealt with a customer service problem, and your soulution.   1 Answer

Crane Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Konecranes in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Branch Manager and 3 other dept heads
    I found the interview very positive and filled with very good information about Kone
    It seems like a great place to work with good benefits and good hours
    I just hope that I make it through the hiring process and I can become a part of the Kone family

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Konecranes (New York, NY).

Interview

Filled out employment Application after about 24 hours, received a email to select a time for a phone interview. Selected a time and date form a lost via email. The follow day I was contacted at the time I requested and had the phone interview which took about 15 minutes.

Branch Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Konecranes.

Interview

interview with district admin , then interview with branch manager and new service manager.....you must pass a challey test first and that test takes about 1.5 hours to complete. It is just a lot of questions asked in different ways.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Konecranes (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First brief interview was done at a Job Fair where I was asked for my resume. I then received an email asking me to fill out a formal application. They gave me an email saying I would be contacted for further instructions. 8 hours later I received an email from their hiring agency asking to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview consisted of job skills and previous customer relations experience. Then I was told I will be contacted within 72 hours as to whether or not I would be further pursued for the position. 8 hours later I received an email to schedule another phone interview with the branch manager as I would have to travel 200 miles to do a face to face interview and they didn't want to waste my time or money.. The interview went well and received an email to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was with the branch manager and more of an open forum discussion rather than a typical set of question interview. When that was completed I was sent to do a physical at a local care facility and when I returned from that they had the job offer sitting on the table.

Interview Questions

• Why are you going from Army Aviation to crane maintenance.   Answer Question

Industrial Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Konecranes (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Written test on electrical ohms law, mechanics gears and pulleys, Crane Standards safe work standards. Instantly computer graded results
    can use calculator reference guides
    interview with managers basic fit questions
    online personality test, Chally type. They are highly motivated by results positive and negative
    They will train and provide service truck.
    Must take one week paid classroom instruction in out of state location.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of crane regulations   1 Answer
    • Salary requested   1 Answer
    • "I don't have any problem with that"   1 Answer

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Konecranes (Brookfield, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

So far only an off-shore phone call received regarding my resume. They just fill in questions that the resume might not have. They do not have any information regarding the job.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave, name 3 positive things you did   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Konecranes.

Interview

Ultimately did not get picked up. the process though was straight forward. Had an initial interview through an interviewing company, asked just basic questions pertaining towards my resume, then had the second interview with an actual member of the company, actually it was the guy who i work under directly, which i thought was pretty cool. i did not make it further than that, but was given how many applicants there were and what the process would be like if i advanced.