L3Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

Initially I got an email a few months after submitting my resume. Then I had a phone screening with the ME Manager and we discussed my resume/experience. A couple of weeks later I had an onsite interview where I met separately with 4-5 other engineers and 1 recruiter. All the interviews were mainly me talking about my experience, resume, & previous projects I worked. Very laid back and conversational interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you failed and how did you overcome/learn from that?   Answer Question

Lead Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris (Herndon, VA) in May 2019.

Interview

The process was very formal. I had two three interviews: the first was a meet and greet, the second was regarding my experience, and the third was more technical.

Interview Questions

• "How do you plan on making ... (was Harris at the time) ... a better company?"   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris (Greenville, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

3 interviews. Interspersed throughout the day, in between you tour the facility and see a few presentations. They serve you lunch and breakfast. The interviews were mostly about your resume and whether you’re a good fit for their team. Didn’t get too technical

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris (Binghamton, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

The usual, phone screen, followed by an on-site with two engineers and a hiring manager. The post-interview process was unbelievably sloppy. I got a decline email, then a phone call saying I would get an offer letter soon, then an HR rep saying no decision was made yet, then got an offer for a part-time internship at half of the average pay for the region, rather than the full-time position I interviewed for.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3Harris (Melbourne, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied months before I received my phone screen. The phone screen consisted of basic questions about the applied for field. Very easy, but at a significant time cost.

The external interview consists of about half a day of meeting interviewers one at a time. They are given a small, standard sheet of questions, from which they will attempt to ask a question that a previous interviewer has not yet asked. Very easy interview to ace.

The internal interviews have you sit down in a conference room with all of your interviewers who are, for the most part, subject matter experts. You must demonstrate knowledge of your field to gain their interest. They will also determine if you will fit well in their current group dynamic. This interview is somewhat more difficult, but still easy if you're worth your salt.

Note: I interviewed here a few different times. Once, the interviewers expressed interest in hiring a person of my gender. I politely declined this job offer. This goes as a warning to prospective employees; Harris (the legacy company before L3Harris) emphasized diversity in the work place. While this is a good thing, this also gives programs disproportionate incentives to hire women and people of color. It is prudent for you as the interviewee to discern whether you value what you were born as or your discipline. I must recommend that you seek employers with similar values to your own. Be wary, because not all interviewers will be so clear in their intentions. You must be deliberate and ask the right questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris (Clifton, NJ) in October 2019.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter after a career fair and they asked me to come in for an interview. The day of I went in and it lasted about an hour. 8 days and no response from them yet

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L3Harris (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

Was emailed by HR to come in for interviews at the Alpharetta office. The interview itself was more conversational, and talking about what the role and the company. She hardly asked me any questions. Next, talked with the systems engineering manager who was very pleasant, and asked me basic questions about myself and why I’m interested. Ended by giving me a tour of the facility. Overall, felt more like a conversation than an interview. A week passed by, and I was given no timeline. I emailed HR about my status and received no reply. I couple days later, I emailed the hiring manager asking for status. Meanwhile, I received another job offer so I wanted to know if I was still in the running. A couple days pass, and I email HR again asking her for any updates and still no reply. It’s been over 2 weeks and I’ve received no feedback or even the decency of an email back as I took my own time to interview for this position. Total disorganization, and total disregard of respect for me. I still have no idea if I’m currently in the running but I can tell you I left this whole process confused. HR here was non responsive and they all clearly don’t care if you waste your time and don’t have the decency to at least reject you. Total nightmare process

Energy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris (Melbourne, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Very slow to respond back to the emails they sent you. Seemed to not fully understand what they were looking for, when asked questions about the position and actual job duties, they beat around the bush too much. If this was a smaller company you would think it was a scam.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris in September 2019.

Interview

Had an initial interview through school career fair and then was asked back for multiple interviews with managers at L3Harris location. Overall, the interview process was complete within a few weeks of the first time I interacted with L3Harris.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects you have worked on during school or past engineering jobs?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Londonderry, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L3Harris (Londonderry, NH).

Interview

It was easy and nice. They brought me in for to talk to several people about my past experiences and resume. There were no technical questions during the interview. Received an offer letter around 1 week later.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L3Harris (Burlington, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

After a guided tour of the facilities I was sat down in a conference room where multiple members of the Electrical and Software teams sequentially spoke with me in 1-on-1 interviews. They asked various questions about my general engineering background and electrical engineering knowledge. Finally I spoke with the EE manager. Again, there were more engineering questions but I felt that unlike the previous interviewers he was also checking if I would be a fit with the team.

Overall it was a straightforward and simple process. They wanted to see if I matched the job description, nothing unreasonable was asked/expected. I felt that it was an easy interview.