LOFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LOFT

1.9

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at LOFT (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy spoke to district manager and got the job right away. Was extremely nervous because she had a very strong presence. She meant business and wanted to make sure who ever she chose was a good choice for the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of contributions did you bring to your last place of employment.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LOFT.

Interview

Very general and what you'd expect for this position. Was offered the job after the interview. The hiring manager appreciated me bringing my resume, because I guess they don't get the resumes of the potential interviewees through Ann Taylor's hiring system.

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LOFT.

Interview

I was an internal candidate up for promotion. Their promotions into management require multiple interviews. I talked with another store manager as well as a district manager over the phone for about 20 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What store metric do you think is crucial to the performance of a store?   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LOFT (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

There were basic retail questions and casual chit-chat. After the in person interview there can be a "style challenge". I didn't have one, but I noticed other potential new-hires did.

Interview Questions

• What kind of learner are you?   1 Answer
    • What would you want me to know as your manager?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay current with the trends?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle it if you wanted to see change in how something was done at work?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about having friendships at work?   1 Answer

PT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LOFT (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. I applied online and they reached out to me within 5 days. When I went in for the interview I dressed to the style of the store. The interviewer took me to the stock room and asked me less than 10 questions then had me write down my availability. I was offered the job within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the latest fashion trends?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe our clothing?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LOFT (New Orleans, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by upper management. Interview process was very fair. The manager conducted the interview privately and asked basic questions that required no preparation about company culture or company history. They really are just trying to get a feel for your personality, availability, and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to Ann Taylor Loft?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LOFT in June 2016.

Interview

I walked into LOFT and asked if I could drop off my resume, heard back that day and got asked to come in and interview. The interview was pretty easy, I loved my manager and she made it not nervewracking or intense. The questions were pretty standard and she called me moments after I left and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a problem and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LOFT (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short and to the point. I was dressed for a professional interview, but it is more casual that that. You will be asked standard interview questions (see below) and then be asked to create a few outfits from the store that you would use to style different types of clients for various events.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LOFT.

Interview

I submitted my resume and went through three quizzes online, then they contacted me a few days later to set up an interview. I came in for the interview and the store manager discussed what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What my style was like and if I followed any bloggers/looked at any magazines for inspiration.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LOFT in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to come in for an interview a week later. Interviewed in person two days later with basic questions about my sense of style and where I got my style inspiration from and was hired by phone the following day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite clothing designer?   1 Answer