LORD Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LORD Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.7

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LORD Corporation in June 2017.

Interview

I was coming from another state, and they were very accommodating by allowing a Skype interview. There were supposed to be three interviewers, but one of them couldn't make it. The interviewers took turns asking questions. They were very kind and asked a lot of questions to get to know more about my character rather than technical questions.

Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LORD Corporation in August 2016.

Interview

I got contacted with one of their talent acquisition specialists and scheduled a phone interview, seemed very official with a skype business meeting web link. However, I waited alone in the web meeting for half an hour and no one showed up, I got "kicked out" by the meeting link automatically and then I emailed the HR to ask what happened, she told me she had an emergency and had to cancelled the meeting, she will reach out again to reschedule. But after a month there is nothing from her and I tried to email and ask, no answer at all. I was quite confused.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LORD Corporation (Erie, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard, phone/email then in person. The interview panel was four people including a Human Resources representative. Scheduled for an half hour and it over to an hour because I had questions. It felt like they interview team had meet just before and discussed my application. They were all on the same page.

IT/SAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LORD Corporation in February 2016.

Interview

I got an e-mail from one of the University Relations/hiring members asking for my availability and we scheduled a phone interview with one of the women on the IT team. I was emailed a couple of days after the interview notifying me that I had landed a second interview. This one was a Skype interview with the various members on the IT team, including the woman I had first talked to. There weren't any technical questions--it was mostly talking about my experience, how you deal with various situations, etc. I found it to be a fun interview. The people were really nice which made it easy to talk to them. The offer came a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you're trying to help a customer and they aren't providing enough information to help resolve the problem, how would you go about getting more information?   Answer Question

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LORD Corporation (Amherst, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was standard, rec'd a call from HR for interview appointment. Met with HR manager, then with Quality manager and Quality engineer. Was interesting and I was given pertinent information to the job, we talked about Lord and that gave me more background than what I had read to prepare for the interview. I can say I really enjoyed the interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LORD Corporation in September 2015.

Interview

Talked with them at a career fair and got a call that evening about scheduling an interview for later that week. Interview was fairly standard went over my resume, asked me various questions about projects I had worked on. typical behavioural quations, tell us about a time you worked in a group, a time you were a leader.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LORD Corporation.

Interview

I applied online but also knew an employee who worked there. I believe his help and an email from me to my manager are what got HR moving to interview me. I had a short (15-20 minute) phone call with someone from HR during which I scheduled an interview with an engineer in the group I applied for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LORD Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through company website. Interview a month later, then offer a few weeks after. Happened towards the beginning of the semester so it was good to have plans earlier rather than later.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LORD Corporation (Cary, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I got an email from HR shortly after I applied and they set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to come on site to interview. I had a few interviews with different group members. They also provided lunch. After the interviews I was told that they would get back to me. A few days later I got a call and they offered me the job which I took after a week of consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and your experience.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LORD Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through school career fair. On campus interview was split up into two sections, the first was about a 15 minute personality type question interview. The second half was a technical interview. They stressed how Lord was a lifelong career. I think I was visibly stressed by their insistence that this was such a commitment.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the weight of a car with just a ruler?   1 Answer