LPL Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

About 30 minutes long with two managers. Setting was relaxed but professional. Interview took on a conversational flow, and I could tell both managers were keenly interested in mutually sharing information, so it felt like I was interviewing them as much as they were me, which is a good start for finding a fitting team member. I felt that they valued my time in front of them and never had a feeling of being pressured or scrutinized.

Interview Questions

• Run me through the steps you would take if an end-user called in and was received a "page cannot be displayed" message upon trying to access browser-based database software.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call and had an interview in person. The interview was pretty laid back. I was given information on the position and the company. I was asked about my previous experience.

Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Fort Mill, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

Set up and obtained through a recruiting firm. Met with a group of 4 managers. They asked behavioral and experience related questions. Nothing too difficult. Interview lasted about an hour total. They had multiple positions open and they asked which I thought would suit me best.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Encino, CA).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The advisor that I was interviewing with was late, which is understandable, but also took a 5 min phone call in the middle of the interview. They seemed very unprepared for the interview, making up the interview questions as they went along. They explained the business a bit. Its a small office that uses the LPL platform but the position wasn't for the company LPL Financial.

They wanted me to interview the other advisor in the office but abruptly ended our conversation, by saying, ok thats all we need to know about that, thanks for coming in! If I had to sum it up in one word, I'd say, "Unprofessional"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your hobbles? Tell me about your last role? Why did you leave? Can we contact them?

Also very inappropriate questions like, do you have kids? Are planning on having kids? What ethnicity are you?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school career website, and was then invited for an interview through email a few days later. Scheduled for an interview date, and was offered the position the next day. Did not ask any technical questions, interview seemed to be more of whether I was interested in the position. Asked a few questions on the internship position and what I could learn through this program.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - What did you do at your past internships
      Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LPL Financial (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone, very conversational. Interviewer was very friendly and explained what the company was looking for, and explained the duties in detail. Gave opportunities for myself to ask questions and keep the conversation going if I do chose to do so. Overall positive experience

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Process took about 7 weeks. Initial phone interview with recruiter, 2nd phone interview with hiring manager, on campus interview with peer, two SVP leaders and hiring manager. I was not impressed with the cultural and diversity initiatives and the fact that they do not promote within. Quite a few employees have left due to lack of development and diversified leadership.

Interview Questions

• How would I get familiar with the business and insert myself to strategize with leaders and employees?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screening, then was called in for a face-to-face group interview, the interview when very well, the group was very friendly, they made me feel very comfortable, and they all had their share of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience as a Project Coordinator   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview is basic, may ask a few questions about whether or not you have Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, etc. experience. In-person interview is more technical and to see if you are a good fit for their team. The recruiters and interviewers were nice and it seemed like they were genuinely interested in you succeeding and getting the job there.

Interview Questions

• Explain Pivot Tables and VLookup.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

He sat me down with my resume already at hand. He told me to introduce myself and then asked if I had any questions. Then he told me about the responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What does financial advising mean to you?   1 Answer