LPL Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2018

2.6

Commissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

easy interview- first telephone then in person they are always hiring. There is a lot of company growth. I would recommend the company to anyone interested in that type of work.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Filled out form online, had a phone call with external recruiter. They were horrible but that shouldn't be a reflection of the firm. Setup a phone interview, then in person, then a week later I received an offer and three weeks later I was working.

Paraplanner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Livonia, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

3 interviews - not bad. This whole process really depends on the independent RIA that is hiring you!

Interview Questions

• I had to create power point on an unexpected given finacial situation an write a "memo" about one of my fondest childhood memories. And both had to be done within 30 minutes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated for extra $$ in place of medical benefits and got it!

Operation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter it took over two weeks to hear back from them that they wanted to see me personally.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I got the interview through a temp agency. I performed a skills test for word and excel through the temp agency for the company. I had a phone interview with a recuriter for the company and then a few days later a group interview with two supervisors. The people were extrememly friendly and it was a fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses and strengths? What do you know about LPL?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress? Are you an independent worker or do you need a lot of guidence?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Rockville, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview with senior, senior lead, manager, VP in this department. They will go over your resume and ask you many questions of your previous experiences. They will ask you why you think you qualified for this position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Fairly straightforward - and quick! Took less than 6 weeks.

Applications Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

First contacted by HR and scheduled a time for HR interview. The HR person was professional and asked some HR type questions and some technical questions given to her for shortlisting. After this a phone interview was scheduled with a bunch of people including the hiring manager which was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why did you come to the US?   1 Answer

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LPL Financial (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone, very conversational. Interviewer was very friendly and explained what the company was looking for, and explained the duties in detail. Gave opportunities for myself to ask questions and keep the conversation going if I do chose to do so. Overall positive experience

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Bethlehem, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

I emailed the owner of the LPL branch in Bethlehem and talked about my studies and simple background questions. He tried to make it seem like it was a sought after position and limited space was available. The owner worked out of his home and it had the feel of a home business. He talked mostly about prospecting and selling to clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not difficult. Any student with any business background could get into it. Students probably know more about finance than the owner