LPL Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LPL Financial Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.6

Senior Communication Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial.

Interview

LPL contacted me soon after I applied online. The phone screen was typical and the recruiter was very pleasant.

No further communications followed. It's amazing how many companies justify using automated systems to reject resumes, but choose not to use the same technology to send a form rejection following actual interviews.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Overall the interview process was standard starting with phone screen and onsite interview. The questions were standard with a bit of fit and technical questions. However I was not impressed with the interviewers. They lacked interpersonal skills when having a face to face interview, which probably stems from their back office mentality. They even failed to offer water/coffee upon arrival.

To prospective interviewers be prepared for indecisive hiring managers and a drawn out screening and interview process. "Ghosting" seems to be the policy.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Was called in by proven in san diego, and interviewed with 2 recruiters. Short and easy question, i thought they seemed uninterested but still offered me the job contingent of a drug and background check.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went well and they asked the normal questions. I answered them all and felt I did a good job. They listened to what I said and seemed interested as well. Two people interviewed me at the same time. I followed up with them after and no response back. It has been over 2 weeks and nothing.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Fort Mill, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

I was asked to have a phone screen and then was invited for an interview. I actually had two interviews, one with the VP of the department and the other with the head of the department and their design team. They asked me questions about my experience and had me present an elearning module I had created. Halfway through the painfully awkward interview I knew I was not going to get this job.

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

About 30 minutes long with two managers. Setting was relaxed but professional. Interview took on a conversational flow, and I could tell both managers were keenly interested in mutually sharing information, so it felt like I was interviewing them as much as they were me, which is a good start for finding a fitting team member. I felt that they valued my time in front of them and never had a feeling of being pressured or scrutinized.

Interview Questions

• Run me through the steps you would take if an end-user called in and was received a "page cannot be displayed" message upon trying to access browser-based database software.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LPL Financial (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening, half hour phone interview, half day interview. The half day interview was strange because I felt like I continued to be asked the same thing by different people. I also felt like I couldn't get a good idea as to what they were looking for. I kept asking about the particular position I had applied to and everyone continued to tell me their were three positions. However, I could not get specific detail on any of the three.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and what you think you can bring to LPL?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call and had an interview in person. The interview was pretty laid back. I was given information on the position and the company. I was asked about my previous experience.

Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Fort Mill, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

Set up and obtained through a recruiting firm. Met with a group of 4 managers. They asked behavioral and experience related questions. Nothing too difficult. Interview lasted about an hour total. They had multiple positions open and they asked which I thought would suit me best.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LPL Financial (Encino, CA).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The advisor that I was interviewing with was late, which is understandable, but also took a 5 min phone call in the middle of the interview. They seemed very unprepared for the interview, making up the interview questions as they went along. They explained the business a bit. Its a small office that uses the LPL platform but the position wasn't for the company LPL Financial.

They wanted me to interview the other advisor in the office but abruptly ended our conversation, by saying, ok thats all we need to know about that, thanks for coming in! If I had to sum it up in one word, I'd say, "Unprofessional"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your hobbles? Tell me about your last role? Why did you leave? Can we contact them?

Also very inappropriate questions like, do you have kids? Are planning on having kids? What ethnicity are you?   Answer Question