LSI Mortgage Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at LSI Mortgage Plus

Mortgage Coordinator - Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LSI Mortgage Plus (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with the branch manager for a meeting in the conference room. Very nice guy. We spoke about LSI and the benefits of being with a smaller company versus your Wells Fargo's and Citi's. After about an hour of talking, we wrapped up the meeting and I left. The interview was very comfortable and seamless.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSI Mortgage Plus (Duluth, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by one of the coolest recruiters I had ever talked to...from the Northeast and funny. Went in for interview with him. I knew he was feeding me a bit of bull regarding his "search" for my specific skillset and job history (said he was looking for someone who had Financial Services background AND had bartended like I had)...lol. However, he was entertaining, and lets face it...his job is to sell salespeople on taking the job. He provided a detailed, but a little confusing, presentation of exactly what to expect...one week of training, three months of a "base" (minimum wage), then you go to a draw against commission (still minimum wage). Interviewed with a member of management same day. Because I told recruiter I wanted to get my licensing done ASAP the licensing coordinator came in and provided me with an account set-up and information. I got started on studying that night.

Interview Questions

• I don't think the same questions are asked each time. This was a very conversational interview, asking the basic questions:
      - What do you want to do?
      - What are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.
      - Does working commission scare you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no such thing as negotiating in the current job market. This is a "buyers market" where employers don't need you...you need them. They will pay you next to nothing and you will be happy for the opportunity. That said, the only "negotiating" you might be able to do with LSI is if you are intelligent and have a history of studying for and passing exams, they MAY work something out with you in advancing you more monies and sooner to cover licensing requirements. Keep in mind that this is not money you actually get. They schedule and pay for the cost of your tests. You pay them back slowly from your commissions as you go.