La Madeleine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

La Madeleine Interview Questions

Interviews at La Madeleine

1.7

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

It wasn't as bad as the job itself, but I wasn't satisfied with how rude the interviewing process was. The manager was nice, but that was the only time he was nice towards me and the other employees.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

By far the worst experience I've ever had (and I've applied to many.) I submitted my application over a month ago after picking one up in paper awhile ago. The manager met me then, scanned over it, and planned an interview a few days after. I showed up on time and had to wait ten minutes for her to conduct a five minute interview, which went fine. She set up a second interview with a different manager the next week. Same process, waited fifteen minutes for a practically four minute long interview where he asked two questions and dismissed me, giving me a card and telling me to call them back if they didn't call me with an offer.
    After a couple of days, I called back and was left on hold.
    The hold was an hour and 45 minutes. I hung up.
    The next day I called again, got a manager, who told me the hiring manager was out, for four days and they were going to be at a standstill. I was respectful of that but when I still didn't receive a response after five days, I called again. The hiring manager told me they were still "doing interviews" (which I hadn't heard of until then) and that she thought I was one of the best candidates and that'd I'd hear a response in the next week.
    Five days later, again nothing. I had to call again, and was responded rudely to by the same manager, who still insisted she was doing interviews and if they'd hire me she call me back.
    This is more than two weeks after the last interview. I was not only peeved to NOT receive a response (and not seem to need to be granted one after coming in four different times) but to consistently call back as they strung me along and refused to offer a concrete rejection. I've heard the same stupid hold music five times. It is all incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional.
    With more than a month later and still no concrete answer, I give up. In the future, please just outright reject people if you don't want them. In any case I'm not even going to bring my own business there anymore.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You ask an employee for an application and you can just fill it out in the store and if a manager is available you can usually get an interview on the spot. If not they will get in touch with you and set up a time for you to come in and interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here
      How would your friends describe you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Allen, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

You will be called in and asked a series of questions mostly about how well you think you will fit in the company, and how you can help.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to go above and beyond your job description to ensure a customer has a good experience.   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Interview

Very relaxed. Questions were very relevant to the job position and the prospective hours. Employer made me feel comfortable during the entire event. Employers were also very quick to give instructions about the hiring process

Interview Questions

• A manager asks you to do something but a customer calls for your attention, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Silver Spring, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email, then a phone call from the employer to schedule my job interview.I call them back and schedule my appointment for the next week at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Frisco, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Two Interviews with both the managers. They just ask the basic interview questions and about your past work experience was as well as your hours. It was very easygoing and relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La Madeleine (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

There is a two step interview where the assistant manager asks you questions about yourself first and if they think you are fit for the job they tell you to come back to speak to the hiring manager. The manager will ask more questions and by the end of that second interview you should know whether you got the job. Orientation was the following day and just 30 minutes. Overall it was a very relaxed interview and environment.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Lewisville, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The establishment was so desperate and understaffed for a cashier that there wasn't really an interview. The turn over rate was really bad because the general manager wasn't good to his employees.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at La Madeleine in January 2015.

Interview

First interview was in person, second and third interview were over the phone. The entire process took a little over a week. It was pretty easy. The first and second interviews were with both store managers and the last interview was with the owner. They were all pretty laid back. The entire process was very casual

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? Tell us about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Great customer service experience?   Answer Question