La Madeleine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.7

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

Rather easy if you've been to other interviews: questions about multi-tasking, your skills, potential.Have to be upbeat and seem cheery to be a host/hostess. They want you to smile and greet bonjour!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

Have experience and knowledge. know some situations. Thats when an interview is going to be easy. You have to love your job and have a passion for it. Easy going. Comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a confusing situation you had to go through as a manager and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Finding the "right" candidate is difficult; especially for senior management. However, their were several unnecessary and misleading steps in the process that I have never encountered with a potential employer.

Interview Questions

• If money wasn't a concern, where would you be working right now?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

By far the worst experience I've ever had (and I've applied to many.) I submitted my application over a month ago after picking one up in paper awhile ago. The manager met me then, scanned over it, and planned an interview a few days after. I showed up on time and had to wait ten minutes for her to conduct a five minute interview, which went fine. She set up a second interview with a different manager the next week. Same process, waited fifteen minutes for a practically four minute long interview where he asked two questions and dismissed me, giving me a card and telling me to call them back if they didn't call me with an offer.
    After a couple of days, I called back and was left on hold.
    The hold was an hour and 45 minutes. I hung up.
    The next day I called again, got a manager, who told me the hiring manager was out, for four days and they were going to be at a standstill. I was respectful of that but when I still didn't receive a response after five days, I called again. The hiring manager told me they were still "doing interviews" (which I hadn't heard of until then) and that she thought I was one of the best candidates and that'd I'd hear a response in the next week.
    Five days later, again nothing. I had to call again, and was responded rudely to by the same manager, who still insisted she was doing interviews and if they'd hire me she call me back.
    This is more than two weeks after the last interview. I was not only peeved to NOT receive a response (and not seem to need to be granted one after coming in four different times) but to consistently call back as they strung me along and refused to offer a concrete rejection. I've heard the same stupid hold music five times. It is all incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional.
    With more than a month later and still no concrete answer, I give up. In the future, please just outright reject people if you don't want them. In any case I'm not even going to bring my own business there anymore.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair. Answered questions. Got a call back about a week later phone interview and online math/logic/personality test. Passed. Went to a final interview with the AGM. Took all of 2 minutes. Generic questions. Went as a mystery shopper and reviewed a store. Went to a shadow shift. Got a job offer, started work. Took about a month. No drug test, no background check. As far as I know.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have a problem with 10 hour days   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You ask an employee for an application and you can just fill it out in the store and if a manager is available you can usually get an interview on the spot. If not they will get in touch with you and set up a time for you to come in and interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here
      How would your friends describe you
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Madeleine.

Interview

It wasn't as bad as the job itself, but I wasn't satisfied with how rude the interviewing process was. The manager was nice, but that was the only time he was nice towards me and the other employees.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at La Madeleine in January 2015.

Interview

First interview was in person, second and third interview were over the phone. The entire process took a little over a week. It was pretty easy. The first and second interviews were with both store managers and the last interview was with the owner. They were all pretty laid back. The entire process was very casual

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? Tell us about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Great customer service experience?   Answer Question

Any Position Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Madeleine in November 2014.

Interview

It was super super super super super super easy. They asked me few questions and asked about what schedule fits me the most. They asked if I am driving or not.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Madeleine (Lewisville, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The establishment was so desperate and understaffed for a cashier that there wasn't really an interview. The turn over rate was really bad because the general manager wasn't good to his employees.