LaSalle Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LaSalle Network Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.5

Internal Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LaSalle Network.

Interview

I applied online via the LaSalle Network website. In addition, I contacted the hiring manager on LinkedIn. She responded, but an hour later I was receiving another phone call from someone else. I had a phone screening with one person who then invited me in for an interview(not telling me who I was meeting with). During that week I also received an email from a THIRD person. At this point I was like okay they are just doing their due diligence and ensuring that I felt welcomed- it was nice! However, when I got to the interview I met with two completely different people than I had been in contact with. Who was my point person? Who do I follow up with? At this point there had been at least FIVE different people that I had been in contact with and it felt messy, unorganized, and very much like a cattle-call. I wasn't a person to them, I was just a number. The two people I met in person with, came up with questions on the spot in regards to my resume.. their questions were bland and lacked creativity. Not to mention that they were using this chart to take notes about me and my resume and I could legitimately read them during the 2nd interview... maybe use a clipboard? I was embarrassed to be there.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LaSalle Network (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Several staff members ask the same questions. They have the resume in front of them, you've filled out the paperwork and one person after the next comes in and ask the exact same questions. I wish they would share the responses.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for temp, temp to hire or Direct hire?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I interviewed with LaSalle for an Internal Recruiter position and with multiple recruiters to place me. I loved everyone I worked with! They were all super helpful and communicative. I've used many other staffing agencies and none of them are as responsive and engaged as LaSalle. They've kept in contact with me for over a year, casually checking in to see if they can help in anyway. Would very much recommend this agency if you're looking for a job. Even if they don't have what you are looking for, they will do whatever they can to help network and make connections for you.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was pretty quick and straight to the point. The internal recruiting team was very helpful in setting me up for success. They were honest about the job expectations and encouraging during those more nerve wracking interviews with executives.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter? ("helping people" is not the right answer)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LaSalle Network (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter whom had wanted to know if I was seeking employment. Her name was Alexandra. Very nice person. I told her that I was but it was unlikely that I would be interested in a temp job. They ended up having an older resume on file after briefly discussing what I had been up to. I had more 2 more years of work experience than they had on file.

I told her that I was actually looking into Recruiters roles. I currently work at a staffing agency but explained to her that I work in inside sales and am not a recruiter but it is the position I want. After going over my resume she agreed and said that I sound like I could possibly be a good fit for the team. I was very thankful for this as I actually always wanted to work at LaSalle and thought it might be fate.

I went in for my scheduled interview a few days later. Met with Sarah who was also I very nice person. The interview was pretty relaxed. Mostly just talking about my past experiences. Felt really good about it. I could tell she thought I was a strong candidate and was excited to hear the outcome.

After two business days, got a voicemail from Sarah saying that the hiring managers decided to go in a different direction. I was a little surprised because I felt like I was a perfect fit for the company and job and felt I had nailed the interview. She was very nice about it and I was thankful that not only did she get back to me very quickly, but she called me as opposed to sending me an email which was a nice gesture that she didn't have to do.

I wanted to share this experience because of all the people that said they either didn't get a response after an interview, or bait and switched them or called them resume collectors. Even though I am no doubt disappointed in LaSalle for not giving me a chance to join their team, they were very nice, professional, and timely about the denial. So don't be scared to apply. Getting an offer letter I can't help you on that. Good luck to all!

Interview Questions

LaSalle Network Response

Dec 11, 2017 – President & CEO

That was a very nice review, thank you for taking the time to post and give the feedback. We aren't perfect, however we do try to make it the. Eat candidate experience we can. Best of luck in your... More

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LaSalle Network.

Interview

A recruiter called me around 9am within 2-3 days of receiving my application. I work normal 9-5 hours, so I left him a voicemail asking that he email me so that we could coordinate a time to speak. This appears to have been somehow offensive – he never responded to me and subsequent attempts to get in contact were unsuccessful.

Dec 11, 2017 – President & CEO

I'm sorry that he didn't get back to you. I'd love to know who you are so I can circle back and make sure you get some feedback. Sometimes we are moving too fast. I apologize.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at LaSalle Network.

Interview

First had a phone interview with recruiter. Then had a skype interview with two managers on the team I would potentially be joining. Each interview with the managers lasted around 15 minutes each.

Interview Questions

LaSalle Network Response

Dec 11, 2017 – President & CEO

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LaSalle Network (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and next day got an email from the recruiter. Two days later had a phone interview. My interview was short. Now it's been 3 weeks and no followup.

Interview Questions

• Preferred corporate culture?
      Industry preference and size?
      Ideal career path?   Answer Question

Dec 11, 2017 – President & CEO

I'm sorry there wasn't any follow up. Obviously I don't know your name to find out what happened. Sometimes we move too fast....we will work to get better.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LaSalle Network (Carbondale, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very drawn out. Spoke with multiple people from the company, which finished off with the hiring manager. She seemed to ask my questions regarding my ability to communicate effectively with others. The position was not offered to me due to my lack of questions regarding working there. The internal recruiter called me back rather swiftly to let me know that they could not move forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle making those tough calls?   1 Answer

Dec 11, 2017 – President & CEO

Best of luck in your search. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LaSalle Network (Oak Brook, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very odd. They asked me very little about my vast leadership experience, and even though I was there to interview to work at LaSalle, they tried to interview me for positions they were trying to fill with other companies (said she would follow up with an email about those positions and never did). I spoke with one project manager who went off her script, and then a second project manager, who "warned me" that many recent college grads (which I am) don't make it very long because of the hard work ( I actually prefer rigorous settings). I then got a follow up call from a different project manager, who offered me a recruiter position, but I asked to think about it for a day or two. She said that she would send me her contact information and the details of the position, but never did. I left a message at the front desk for the two in-person interviews, as well as sent them both a follow-up email, looking for the phone interviewer's contact information so I could accept the position but no response. All calls back to the phone interviewer have been ignored. I would be cautious about working for a recruiting firm that is so bad at recruiting.

Interview Questions

LaSalle Network Response

Dec 11, 2017 – President & CEO

I hate to read this, and I apologize. We are far from perfect. Our goal is to grow and learn and we will take your feedback seriously. I meet with my Oak Brook leader weekly and will try and... More