Lab Consulting Partnership Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lab Consulting Partnership Interview Questions

2.4

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Interview

Had a phone call Interview and was pretty brief. Interviewer went on several minutes about how great the firm is and their projected growth. I then went over my resume at a high level. Interviewer then brought up the question of compensation and inquired how much I was currently making. I told him I'd rather not disclose that. He took that as an offense and informed me if I don't disclose that information, the interview process will not move forward. At this point, the interviewer was coming off extremely aggressive and pompous. Just by his attitude alone, I knew this wasn't the right firm.
    I didn't disclose my compensation because I knew he was going to use that as a baseline and low ball as much as possible. I told him no and ended the call.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Interview

Easier than other consultancies; less structured; very easy tests done on MS Word and Excel. Don't need to prepare anything to pass those. Just a formality. Do the tests on your end at a fixed time with emailed files. That is the level of operation.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very informal. I applied one day on LinkedIn then got an email requesting an interview the next day. The interview was the following week, in which I was told I would meet with one of the employees. I met with her but had an additional interview I didn't know was happening until I got there. The same thing happened for the second interview, in which I met with the director of the company and the same additional employee. The questions were more of an assessment of what I thought of the company, plus what I brought to the table and hoped to achieve in my future.

I was skeptical of some of the reviews I had read on here going into it, and I noticed the company denying someone else's claim of receiving an offer right after the interview. As I left, I got a call from one of the people I met, asking me to come back to the office to work out the structure of an offer. I wasn't able to, but I received it over the phone (and written over email) later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we do here? (The rest was more conversational, just stating what I had experienced and us talking in unstructured conversation about the job and the company.)   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2016 – vice president

Thanks for the candid review. Just to clarify - you received an offer after your second round of interviews a week later. Not during your first interview. Best of luck to you.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Interview

Included phone and in person interviews, as well as an excel-based proficiency test. Met with one of the managers on a current project (sort of a second internal interview to see if they wanted me on their project) and with some of the Houston staff. There weren't many questions out of the ordinary - work experience, prior clients, leadership experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a time that I had to step up and take control of a situation even though it wasn't my responsibility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an extremely odd and unprofessional interview. They asked me bizarre questions and the interviewer was finishing up their lunch while interviewing me. Honestly though, not sure why they would call me in and not take the interview seriously. I have posted some of the crazy questions I was asked. As I write them out I am realizing now more than ever just how ridiculous this company is.

Interview Questions

• "Who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Batman?" "What's your favorite Disney Princess?"
      "Tell me a bedtime story." "Can you say: 'Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper' three times in a row without stuttering." "Would you be willing to help the boss's wife with things such as grocery shopping and mowing her lawn?" "Can you sing me your favorite song?"
      Answer Question

Feb 12, 2016 – vice president

Fact check on this fake/troll review that was written to damage our recruiting efforts: 1) Recruits are given the phone number of The Lab's employee they are to call. No Lab employees call recruits ... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Math and hierarchy test, interview with a manager, meet other managers, meet with CEO, get an offer. The whole thing takes a day. If you get an interview, you will get a job.

Interview Questions

• Math and Hierarchy test. General discussion on work history. No case studies and no critical thinking questions.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and got an email from HR about one week later for an on-site interview. Was scheduled for one person but ended up talking to 6 people. No hard questions. Mostly focus on why you want to work there and what can you bring to the company. After the interview, had a test consists of GMAT/Excel/Research test. You had to finish the whole thing in two hours.

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application from their site. I got a call the very next day and was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was offered a job on the spot (desperate), but chose to reject it due to a poor interview experience. Also, because the pay being offered was not worth it for what I would be getting myself into.

Interview Questions

• A lot of personality questions, such as "Do you use coupons" "If you could be any animal, what would you be" "Boxers or briefs". I was honestly weirded out by the questions, but apparently that's how all of the Fortune 2,000 companies are hiring today.   Answer Question

I felt like the company wasn't the least bit serious about what they do. The interviewer was on his phone and finishing up his lunch. I have never been so disrespected in my life as I was during the hour I spent at The Lab.

Feb 6, 2015 – vice president

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. None of the questions you mention are part of our standard interview process or the written personality test we administer. The Lab does not offer ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I had three phone interviews in which I was asked about my work experience. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very basic in nature, simple run through of my resume and work history. The phone interview phase was followed by a two-hour GMAT/Excel exam.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Interview

Very long and tedious. All phone interviews. Spoke with 6 people for a company that has 50 max was excessive. After numerous discussions about my background and experience; I did not find out until hired how different their consulting methodology was from every other organization with whom I have worked. Not for the better, I must add.

Interview Questions

• Same questions from different individuals. It seems they do not talk or share notes.   Answer Question