Labatt Food Service Front End Developer/Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Front End Developer/Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service.

Interview

Applied and was called the next day to schedule an interview. They sent me a project they wanted me to complete beforehand in order to assess my web design skills. I found this to be a positive indication that they were interested in finding the right candidate.

I interviewed with 2 individuals on my first visit, and HR representative and then an IT representative. The HR interview was dry and generic and all of the questions came off of a sheet. The IT interview was more spontaneous.

After 10 days I was called back for a 2nd interview, and this time I met with a representative from the marketing department, one from IT (same guy from before), and then with the Director of IT (who happens to be the son of the CEO). These questions were well thought through and helped them get a good feel for what my skills are I felt.

About 10 days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in the first HR interview what my expected salary was, before I had a good idea of what the job entailed.   Answer Question
  • Was taken step by step through my 12+ year career and asked the same set of questions for all 4 positions I had held. Tough to remember specific details from 12 years ago.   Answer Question

The offer was a little lower than expected, and no vacation or sick leave was available for the first year. Nevertheless, I asked for 1 week to consider the offer, and they said that was fine. After 4 business days, they called back and said I had taken too long to respond and retracted the offer.