Land O'Lakes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

Interview Process was straight forward and simple. I had three employees interview me and asked various behavioral questions. I was also told to apply for the online application and was contacted within several weeks about the position.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you have had to make an unpopular decision?   1 Answer

Planner/Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

There were 4 interviews with various management and human resource. It was dragged on and interviewers were late or postponed their appointment with you. Had to fill out my application online two times because of a software issue and was making things difficult. This was what I thought to be a great career but I was greatly disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were worded to mean the same like they were badgering you to open up something that you did previously that wasn't a positive result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did my homework about my wages thanks to this and other sites similar. I was told they would match that wage based on additional yearly bonuses but these bonuses never happened. Unknown to me my job title was changed so I was kept from advancing to higher pay after creating this new title corporate red flags went away!

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Company recruited on campus, secured interview through this. Interview consisted of two 30 minutes sessions with a total of 2 interviewers. First session was strictly behavioral questions, very formal. Second session was more personality type questions, more informal and attempting to dig into what really motivates you and why you made certain choices in your career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake or something went wrong.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through the online website. HR contacted me in about a day or so to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The HR person was very nice and it was simply walking through my resume. From there, I was told I would move onto the second round, which was a second phone interview with the marketing director. Again, very easy and conversational.

Within a day of that second call, I was invited to the third and final round which includes being flown out to Minnesota, for a panel interview. This includes six 1-on-1 30-minute interviews with 2 directors, a VP, marketing manager, another associate marketing manager, and an HR person. They also assign a "marketing buddy" to help answer any questions you might have before the interview. Everyone there was extremely nice and friendly.

The interview with the HR person consisted of a walk through of all of the benefits of being an employee (which I thought was odd since a formal offer has not been provided). All questions were behavioral. They all came in with a list of questions that they clearly picked out at random. Oddly enough, alot of them picked the same questions so I felt like I was repeating the same stories over and over. I felt like a majority of the questions were fairly easy. I was also given a tour of the facility which was new and modern. I was also told I would have to take an online assessment test if the group decided that they wanted me to move forward.

I had my interview on a Friday and was informed of their decision by Monday, so it was a quick turnaround. Although I was not hired, I should have asked why - I felt like I did a fairly good job during the interview so I'm a little surprised...especially after the benefits walk through and all. So I would be curious as to what I could have done differently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project that you led and were successful but also felt a lot of pressure from team members.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applying a few days earlier. Typical scenario based questions.. What would you do if.. Blah blah blah. Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for your team.

Interview Questions

• What are you 3 biggest weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Really went behind the resume and what I looked like on paper and got to know me as a person and truly wanted to understand what drives and motivates me and what I'm passionate about to also see if the culture of the company aligned with my values.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a team with various viewpoints and how you handled that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes in March 2011.

Interview

The Recruiter was excellent to work with and followed up in a timely manner. The interview itself was difficult. It was panel style, extremely structured and focused almost entirely on behavioral questions. To be candid, it felt more like an interrogation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a time you experienced conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Over the phone. Pretty casual and we had great discussion. Was called by recruiter first, and that was a quick interview (for an intern position). Had a call back and came into office for actual interview. Panel of 4 people interviewed me.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone calls, first with HR then with site managers. HR representative handle most of the process. Everyone was very respectful and flexible, which is surprising for such a low level position. Expect multiple interviews for a diverse series of positions - after you are recognized by the company they ask for your preferences

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working alone or in a team, tell me about your current work, do you have any background on a farm   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Behavior based interviews. Prepare in advance with stories, and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't