Land O'Lakes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Land O'Lakes Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.8

Communications Interview

Interview

Frantic at the beginning -- come in tomorrow, no the next day! (It's a contracting position, so this wasn't totally shocking.) Then a really good interview, very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to do boring and repetitive work. But there will the opportunity to do more cool stuff. Are you still interested?   2 Answers

Corporate Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

A lot of situational questions are asked that takes some preparation and thought. Be prepared to discuss the situation in detail. If you really want to work for them, be very prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

Interview Process was straight forward and simple. I had three employees interview me and asked various behavioral questions. I was also told to apply for the online application and was contacted within several weeks about the position.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you have had to make an unpopular decision?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

Phone interview went well. Interview was with 4 different people which took 4 hours. After I was told I would hear back within 2 wks. Recruiter actually reached out to me after interview to ask if I was still interested in job after interviewing. I said yes and after it was recruiter contacting me to check if hiring mgr reached out to me yet. Each time. I said no, but recruiter didn't provide much info and said hiring mgr supposed to be reaching out to me. After about a month, recruiter called and left me a VM stating I didn't get job.

Printer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Carlisle, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Random " what would you do questions that I asked for specific scenarios what happened what you did with the Outcome was. They also ask additional questions about previous job experiences

Interview Questions

• They asked me scenario questions   1 Answer

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email from HR for initial screening. Immediately at the end of HR phone interview, I was scheduled to talk with a senior manager the very next day over phone.

****Phone Interview with Manager****
    The hiring manager seemed interested in people who have worked on Horton Works Distribution as they were using Big Data On it.
    The manager had a very fixed set of beliefs and if you don't happen to fall in that set, you are right away rejected.
    ***Questions Asked***
    Few irrelevant design questions
    Also, a couple of questions that their team is trying to solve but not yet succeeded, but the hiring manager expected you to solve it.

Overall:
    Very conservative attitude of manager, not open to people who have worked on similar tools and have ability to learn.

Interview Questions

• Run-in-a-mil design questions that are completely irrelevant especially when you have your system in place and you want people to just maintain it.   Answer Question

Senior Business Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

The interview process was unpleasant and disjointed. It was clear that there was significant internal disagreement on strategy and political infighting. With little exception, the vast majority of executives I met were keen to share their view of the world and to disparage their colleagues. There were also two male executives openly angered that their female colleague had been promoted, implying that she had no right to be so pushy or assertive. This was at odds with the message I received from HR that the company was keen to rectify their leadership gender imbalance. I continued through the process simply because the corporate strategy was interesting and visionary, continuously hoping to meet whomever was behind the strategy (that never happened). I was given glowing feedback at every stage, including after the Korn Ferry assessment. I had been very clear about my salary requirements from the start and never once was this flagged as an issue. After spending numerous hours on the process, I was given an insulting offer. The offer was far below my current salary and it was only then that I was informed that the upper range of the role was below my current salary. This was never once stated during the entire process, despite proactively asking if my salary requirements were an issue. I objected and restated the value I planned to bring to the role and that I had received nothing but positive feedback at every stage. I then countered the offer. I was told that a counter-offer was not possible. At that point, I was very confused and asked why they had not been up-front about the salary. The conversation immediately soured and I was essentially hung up on and never contacted again. The entire experience was unprofessional and clearly showed that the company has a long way to go before they can achieve their goals of changing their image, attracting top talent, or balancing their leadership pool.

Interview Questions

• I was repeatedly asked how I would manage conflicting business objective and priorities   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

The interview included every aspect of the management team. It was effecient and effective to meet and speak with everyone on the same day. It is a very long interview but not repetitive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one I provided a range that I was willing to accept and the gave an acceptable offer.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applying a few days earlier. Typical scenario based questions.. What would you do if.. Blah blah blah. Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for your team.

Interview Questions

• What are you 3 biggest weaknesses   1 Answer

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very long-over 3 hours with 6 different people. However, interviewers were very down to earth, so I felt very comfortable. Situational/behavior based questions asked. I left with a good impression of the company.