Landis+Gyr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Landis+Gyr Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

Very straightforward. You get an interview, there will be an HR person and a senior manager. They ask you a few questions to get a good feel of what kind of candidate you are.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team that was hard to work with.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

There was two phone Interview rounds and One onsite Interview, Followed by an HR phone interview.
    First 2 rounds took in 2 weeks , Onsite took place on the 3rd week. The whole process finished in 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and general questions about resume   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Normal process, standard questions, nothing different from the normal processes at other similar ccompanies. Phone screen, one on one interviews, then with broader managers. Process took too long and recruiters did not get back to you in time with updates.

IT Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

Got called immediately for a phone interview which I felt seemed great and was told to look out for the next person to answer me in about a week or so. I waited 2 weeks and the next person never reached out and when I e-mailed to see what was wrong, they never responded. A simple yes or no would have sufficed instead of ignoring. Left me with a pretty negative outlook on the company.

Interview Questions

Landis+Gyr Response

May 30, 2016 – HR Manager

Hi...please can you tell us which location you had applied for? and what role?

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

It was more than one hour Technical interview , on asp.net, c# ,sql ,wcf etc , not sure what the interviewer will do with shallow copy & clone copy , had to explain him in detail to satisfy with my answer & why they don't get tired asking "what is the difference between Interface & Abstract class "
    Anyway after 1 hour 25 minute this phone screening was done & he moved to the next step for wasting more of my time ,now it was with HR , it was nice & quick almost 25 minute then for F2F i have been called with many instructions -take 5 copies of resume (as they can not do the copy of resume by their own , it is candidates headache )
    Dress up nicely professionally blah blah .
    Ok then F2F now he asked me for - white boarding , the questions he was asking to challenge to a experienced candidate ,who was doing development from years -was for loop fibonacci number & all sort of questions which are online available ,only you have to see the tricks before appearing for the interview .They don't see that you know the concept , you know the syntax they are bookish ,just look into the internet example .
    So the intentions were to fail the candidate , so he failed me sweetly & saved his job for many more years in searching for the new candidate .
    If i am not the right candidate then how come i gave 100s of answers correct in the telephonic interview at the first step, it was all just to shake the confidence level of the candidate .
    I am afraid to whom these companies give the jobs, who takes white boarding ,online tests & tons of interviews , cant't they recognize the capability of a candidate in half hour asking technical questions or they do not have this ability to understand who is right or wrong candidate .
    And yes before telephonic interview i had been given two sheets to answer the questionnaires.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly Easy Process. Just know your resume inside out. And what are you talking about. The process took about 6-8 weeks before you get hired. Also do research on different test methodologies. Alpha, Beta, Smoke, Regression Test etc

Technical Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Was interviewed by a hiring manager for about 30 min. They didn't ask any technical questions, but asked about things on your resume. They also asked many basic character questions.

Dotnet Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

40 mins phone interview which was very technical.I got selected for F2F interview. It lasted around 2 hours.First round went bad with very tough interview questions and puzzles.Second round was much better .There was a panel of 4 people.All the time i was writing code and optimizing it.3 interviewers were pretty good with me,but one was really very strict .He asked me TPL questions which I thought no one really asks.I got rejected as expected

Interview Questions

• Explain Senario for dependency injection   1 Answer

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Lenexa, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Consisted of my would-be supervisor and two team leads. Overall, friendly atmosphere and the questions weren't too challenging. Pretty good experience. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• They asked what would I do if I wasn't able to connect to Google.   1 Answer

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

HR phone screening followed by phone interview, and then an onsite interview with a supervisor, peer, and HR director. The next step is a phone interview with a VP. Overall, the communication about what is going to happen next in the process has been very helpful. Looking forward to see what else this company has to offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle specific logistics issues?   Answer Question
    • What percentage of time of would spend planning for a project versus execution?   Answer Question