Landis+Gyr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Landis+Gyr Interview Questions

Interviews at Landis+Gyr

2.9

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr in June 2014.

Interview

Unfortunately the HR department is completely dysfunctional - they really dragged their feet on the initial part of the hiring process. I had a phone interview with one HR person, then a second one with a different HR person who asked me the exact same questions. When I came in for a group interview, I expected to meet with everyone at once. Instead one tech lead asked me a bunch of questions, took me on a tour of the facility, then brought me back to the conference room where I conversed separately with an architect, then another tech lead, then two engineers, and finally the first tech lead again. After that it was another phone interview with a manager in another city, then a call with an offer several days later. After this long drawn-out process they wanted an answer on the offer and full contact info for three references within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't throw me any curveballs. Fairly standard language-specific and Agile process questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

It was more than one hour Technical interview , on asp.net, c# ,sql ,wcf etc , not sure what the interviewer will do with shallow copy & clone copy , had to explain him in detail to satisfy with my answer & why they don't get tired asking "what is the difference between Interface & Abstract class "
    Anyway after 1 hour 25 minute this phone screening was done & he moved to the next step for wasting more of my time ,now it was with HR , it was nice & quick almost 25 minute then for F2F i have been called with many instructions -take 5 copies of resume (as they can not do the copy of resume by their own , it is candidates headache )
    Dress up nicely professionally blah blah .
    Ok then F2F now he asked me for - white boarding , the questions he was asking to challenge to a experienced candidate ,who was doing development from years -was for loop fibonacci number & all sort of questions which are online available ,only you have to see the tricks before appearing for the interview .They don't see that you know the concept , you know the syntax they are bookish ,just look into the internet example .
    So the intentions were to fail the candidate , so he failed me sweetly & saved his job for many more years in searching for the new candidate .
    If i am not the right candidate then how come i gave 100s of answers correct in the telephonic interview at the first step, it was all just to shake the confidence level of the candidate .
    I am afraid to whom these companies give the jobs, who takes white boarding ,online tests & tons of interviews , cant't they recognize the capability of a candidate in half hour asking technical questions or they do not have this ability to understand who is right or wrong candidate .
    And yes before telephonic interview i had been given two sheets to answer the questionnaires.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Clemson, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. First received a phone call from a team member who asked me several questions about my experience until now. Basic questions about resume, projects and experience. Second round asked detailed technical questions about my education and behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Lafayette, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview. I had an on-campus interview following a career fair with two recruiters. All questions were behavioral, and often led to off-topic conversation, which was great for getting to know the candidate and the recruiters beyond the standard answers to questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

Interview was decently good. Mostly based on embedded systems and RTOS VxWorks. I did not have any background in Embedded Software and hence found a few questions challenging. Overall, the level of questions was easy and nothing much to worry about.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. A person having some background of RTOS and Embedded systems can crack the questions easily enough   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Lafayette, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with the recruiter a few weeks later. I was given an on site interview with the hiring manager and HR representative in that particular location.

Interview Questions

• Proficiency and past experiences in using relate applications and softwares   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Lafayette, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

A phone call, and then I was called to for an on-site interview. A shrewd and calculating leader, he avoided the use of force, and there are no accounts that he ever harmed his captives. Following his death, his image was romanticised, becoming the inspiration for a variety of pirate-themed works of fiction.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR, In person interview with CIO, a peer, and a subordinate. The CIO was nice, but the HR person seemed to be the one to make the decision not to move forward with my candidacy.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Atlanta, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 different people, the senior director and the director of the department. Both had tangible questions, and very professional. They made me feel comfortable and we even had a conversation that was not work-related.

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was substandard, organization was poor, the interview was held in a conference room that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks.

There was one primary SME however he didn't seem to be very interested and there were a few SMEs that called in and it seemed they weren't paying attention. Other than the director those I interviewed with wore tattered clothing and looked unkempt.

The SMEs did appear knowledgeable but didn't show any enthusiasm about their jobs.

The supervising manager over the group sat at a distance and seemed to be hiding behind his PC with rock 'n' roll stickers on it and it appeared to be engaged in a chat session with someone unrelated to the meeting he was in with us

The director did show professionalism and interest but time with him was brief.

The job description itself that was shared was comprehensive and attractive to someone who would be looking for this type of work.

There is a lot of attrition and dissatisfied employees with this organization of the company but I still felt the drop job description was a good match and the pay was comparable to what others were offering offering for the same job

Interview Questions

• Specifics were asked about NAS and SAN storage technologies

Questions about Oracle RAC clustering were asked   1 Answer