Lands' End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lands' End Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2018

2.5

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

I applied for an Assistant Merchant position. There were two initial phone interviews and then they scheduled my onsite visit. The second phone call I had was with a DMM and the interviewer was very rude; additionally several of the questions did not make much sense. I was initially told the onsite visit would be 2 hours long, upon getting my itinerary it was 3 1/2! The day before my onsite interview they cancelled and told me that they would re-schedule. Then I received an email that before they re-scheduled my onsite they wanted me to do another phone interview. That phone call was more pleasant than the one with the DMM. Afterward I expected that my onsite would be scheduled but I got 2 more emails saying that it would have been two additional phone interviews before they would re-schedule my onsite visit. I withdrew my application; seemed like a silly amount of interviews for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't have a boss/buyer, what piece of the business would you bring to your DMM?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you would be prepared to be a buyer?   Answer Question
    • What trends are you seeing in your business today?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and fairly straightforward. I was mostly just asked about my background and experience. It was a series of two phone interviews before I was offered the job. I first interviewed with HR then a technical supervisor.

Product Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on the Lands' End website and was contact a couple weeks later via email from a recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. I had about a 45 minute phone interview from a supervisor in the department I was applying for. After that, I was contacted a few days later by the recruiter wanting to set up an in-person interview. After agreeing on a date, I was contacted by employee services with a map of the campus and a schedule of my interview date. I arrived for my in-person and sat in a room with snacks, drinks, magazines. It was a fairly easy interview process. I was asked pretty similar questions by about five different individuals - what my greatest weakness was, what I knew about the company, why I was interested in the position. I was asked about previous job experience and how it was applicable to the job I was interviewing for. The interview went from about 8:30am - 1:00pm. After what seemed like an eternity, I was contacted by the recruiter to set up a call with her. She congratulated me and offered me the position. She then sent me a background check and my acceptance letter. Overall, it was a fairly organized process. There was a pretty long amount of time between phone interview, in-person interview, and job acceptance. I appreciated the detailed interview schedule and the excitement from the recruiter when she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict while working in a team setting?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End in June 2017.

Interview

The process included an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by a phone interview with Merchant. Questions were very specific about my experiences and roles. The recruiter asked to set up an interview with another Merchant and I gave her my availability then never heard back.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lands' End (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called in for an interview after a week, The interview was brief and then they hired me on the spot because they were very short staffed.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Would you be comfortable helping elderly/ hard of hearing customers browse and try-on our merchandise?   1 Answer

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Recruiter based in NYC (as am I) via email. We scheduled a phone interview for a Tuesday and I sent her work samples before the call for her to take a look at. She was super personable and laid back during the phone interview, but professional at the same time. We spoke of what the Hiring Manager was looking for in work samples, so I tweaked a few things and sent back to her that evening. She got back to me the next day (Wednesday) and said they would have a project ready for me to complete by the end of the week. I was sent the project from the Hiring Manager that Friday as promised.

The Recruiter touched base with me that following Monday to make sure all was good, and I told her I expected to submit the project Wednesday evening. I submitted it late Wednesday evening and was contacted early the next morning about setting up my trip to WI for the on site interview.

I worked with another HR manager in WI to set up my trip. We worked out dates as well as how long I wanted to be there. I requested 2 nights and to come in the day prior to have time in Madison. I even got to choose my NYC airport (trust me, it matters). Everything was accommodated easily and I was sent all proper paper work. HR Manager said by the end of the next week she would sent me maps and a schedule. She followed up with that.

I got an email the week before from the Recruiter letting me know they were excited to have me coming and let her know if I had questions or needed anything.

As for the on site visit: I was greeted by the HR team member I had scheduled my trip with. I was put into a comfortable room outside her office where I would meet with everyone. Before coming I was sent a schedule for the day and I met with several designers and team members individually at a set time. I think this was super important and helpful as I really got a feel for each person on the team. It was also nice to be able to get comfortable and set up in once place. I met with everyone on the schedule and everything went on time. I was really able to get a feel for the company, the specific team I'd be on, and how it worked. I also left knowing exactly what they were looking for. I was then given a tour of the Comer center (which is great)

I left the campus on time and really feeling great about the experience and everyone I met. Everyone was really willing to talk to me not only about the job and the work, but the personal aspects of relocating and living in Madison.

The original Recruiter followed up with me that afternoon and we set a time to speak in the morning. We discussed how it went and she said she would be putting the offer in for review. This was Wednesday. The following Thursday I had my official offer letter from them. She did keep in touch with me that entire week in between- as it took slightly longer than she expected.

I am now in the process of the relocation and working with the Relocation company. So far, all is going well.

Overall the Lands End interview process was great. I felt compelled to write this review because I have encountered so many unprofessional and negative Recruiter or interview experiences lately, and I know others are as well.

I'm hoping this will help anyone that may consider Lands End, especially anyone that would potentially relocate from NY or another city. Also, Madison is really cool!

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview. The next round is an on site interview where you will have 30 min interviews with 4-5 different people along with a tour of their facilities.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about Lands' End?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Somewhat of an abrupt ending to their process. No closure and call back for next step took too long. If you are no longer a candidate I'd rather know so I can move on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed 25 - 40 people.   1 Answer

Technical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter right away. Did not hear back from my initial response after that. Followed up, led to two phone interviews. Followed up again, a week later and never heard anything back.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (New York, NY).

Interview

Such a terrible recruiter. I am glad i know that soon. The recruiter does not base on any qualification rather than sentiment. No wonder why the company is going down.