Lands' End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 1 women from HR and 4 people from various Merchandising Departments. All of the questions were very straight forward. They were all very nice. I felt like I was able to have a conversation with them, not simply back and forth Q&A. Most common question was to ask about my financial experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question I hadn't prepared for ahead of time was, "What brand/company do you see as ahead of the curve?"   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

I applied for an Assistant Merchant position. There were two initial phone interviews and then they scheduled my onsite visit. The second phone call I had was with a DMM and the interviewer was very rude; additionally several of the questions did not make much sense. I was initially told the onsite visit would be 2 hours long, upon getting my itinerary it was 3 1/2! The day before my onsite interview they cancelled and told me that they would re-schedule. Then I received an email that before they re-scheduled my onsite they wanted me to do another phone interview. That phone call was more pleasant than the one with the DMM. Afterward I expected that my onsite would be scheduled but I got 2 more emails saying that it would have been two additional phone interviews before they would re-schedule my onsite visit. I withdrew my application; seemed like a silly amount of interviews for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't have a boss/buyer, what piece of the business would you bring to your DMM?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you would be prepared to be a buyer?   Answer Question
    • What trends are you seeing in your business today?   1 Answer

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End in June 2017.

Interview

The process included an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by a phone interview with Merchant. Questions were very specific about my experiences and roles. The recruiter asked to set up an interview with another Merchant and I gave her my availability then never heard back.

Associate Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for Lands End after submitting my application and portfolio online. An initial phone interview was set up where I was asked the standard interview questions and questions about some of the documents in my online portfolio. Was told I'd receive a word back in a week as I was the first candidate to interview. I didn't hear word back until a month later when I tried to contact the interviewer and I then recieved a standard email from the company informing me that I didn't recieve the job. Would have appreciated the expected correspondence informing me that I had not made it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? How would professors/coworkers/ former bosses describe you?   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in June 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and then we spoke on phone. I proceed to speak with hiring manager and then did a project. Next steps were a home office visit and interview day.

Interview Questions

• What is the customer of the women’s brand?   1 Answer

Inventory Analyst Interview

Interview

I've been at this company for a long time. Each time I submitted my resume for newly posted positions, our Employee Service Department never once acknowledged my job interest; not a follow-up email or call....nothing. Very disappointing.

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End in November 2016.

Interview

Basic interview process. After 2 phone screens, they flew me out for an extensive interview process that lasted an entire day. Interviewed Face-to-face with 8 different individuals. Interview questions were fairly basic. They more wanted to get an understanding of my personality to see if i was a good fit for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

4 skype interviews with a few different people in human resources and then my department as well, talked to the senior people first which made the end of the process way easier and more confident

Interview Questions

• What is relevant experiences youve had   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and fairly straightforward. I was mostly just asked about my background and experience. It was a series of two phone interviews before I was offered the job. I first interviewed with HR then a technical supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

I was an MBA intern. I met them at a career fair on campus, which led to a phone call with HR employee. The first call was behavior based based questions mostly. After a month, I was asked to come to Dodgevile, where I had 5 back-to-back interviews. All kinds of questions, from mini-case to personal interest questions. Wore lands end canvas outfit, which worked very well. Casual environment.

Interview Questions

• In depth hot dog cart mini-case question. Used marketing frameworks to beat competing carts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as an intern.