Lands' End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lands' End Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.6

Assistant Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End in June 2017.

Interview

The process included an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by a phone interview with Merchant. Questions were very specific about my experiences and roles. The recruiter asked to set up an interview with another Merchant and I gave her my availability then never heard back.

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Recruiter based in NYC (as am I) via email. We scheduled a phone interview for a Tuesday and I sent her work samples before the call for her to take a look at. She was super personable and laid back during the phone interview, but professional at the same time. We spoke of what the Hiring Manager was looking for in work samples, so I tweaked a few things and sent back to her that evening. She got back to me the next day (Wednesday) and said they would have a project ready for me to complete by the end of the week. I was sent the project from the Hiring Manager that Friday as promised.

The Recruiter touched base with me that following Monday to make sure all was good, and I told her I expected to submit the project Wednesday evening. I submitted it late Wednesday evening and was contacted early the next morning about setting up my trip to WI for the on site interview.

I worked with another HR manager in WI to set up my trip. We worked out dates as well as how long I wanted to be there. I requested 2 nights and to come in the day prior to have time in Madison. I even got to choose my NYC airport (trust me, it matters). Everything was accommodated easily and I was sent all proper paper work. HR Manager said by the end of the next week she would sent me maps and a schedule. She followed up with that.

I got an email the week before from the Recruiter letting me know they were excited to have me coming and let her know if I had questions or needed anything.

As for the on site visit: I was greeted by the HR team member I had scheduled my trip with. I was put into a comfortable room outside her office where I would meet with everyone. Before coming I was sent a schedule for the day and I met with several designers and team members individually at a set time. I think this was super important and helpful as I really got a feel for each person on the team. It was also nice to be able to get comfortable and set up in once place. I met with everyone on the schedule and everything went on time. I was really able to get a feel for the company, the specific team I'd be on, and how it worked. I also left knowing exactly what they were looking for. I was then given a tour of the Comer center (which is great)

I left the campus on time and really feeling great about the experience and everyone I met. Everyone was really willing to talk to me not only about the job and the work, but the personal aspects of relocating and living in Madison.

The original Recruiter followed up with me that afternoon and we set a time to speak in the morning. We discussed how it went and she said she would be putting the offer in for review. This was Wednesday. The following Thursday I had my official offer letter from them. She did keep in touch with me that entire week in between- as it took slightly longer than she expected.

I am now in the process of the relocation and working with the Relocation company. So far, all is going well.

Overall the Lands End interview process was great. I felt compelled to write this review because I have encountered so many unprofessional and negative Recruiter or interview experiences lately, and I know others are as well.

I'm hoping this will help anyone that may consider Lands End, especially anyone that would potentially relocate from NY or another city. Also, Madison is really cool!

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview. The next round is an on site interview where you will have 30 min interviews with 4-5 different people along with a tour of their facilities.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about Lands' End?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Somewhat of an abrupt ending to their process. No closure and call back for next step took too long. If you are no longer a candidate I'd rather know so I can move on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed 25 - 40 people.   1 Answer

Technical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter right away. Did not hear back from my initial response after that. Followed up, led to two phone interviews. Followed up again, a week later and never heard anything back.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (New York, NY).

Interview

Such a terrible recruiter. I am glad i know that soon. The recruiter does not base on any qualification rather than sentiment. No wonder why the company is going down.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

4 skype interviews with a few different people in human resources and then my department as well, talked to the senior people first which made the end of the process way easier and more confident

Interview Questions

• What is relevant experiences youve had   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

the process is very easy and the questions are simple. don't remember what the questions were but they are very easy to answer. just be honest. if you pass the first interview, the second interview is basically just a pre-welcome for hiring you.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. Had to interview with 5 people over the course of the day. They paid for me to travel out to Wisconsin for the interview process and everyone was really nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lands' End in August 2015.

Interview

The process was really easy. They asked really basic questions and they wanted to my availability. They want to know how comfortable you are with asking to set up credit card applications in the store and so on.