Lane Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lane Construction Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

Hiring process was quick and painless. Sent my resume to a manager, got a phone call a few days later to set up an interview. Went to the interview where I met with HR and a manager, interview went very well. Received a phone call later that evening with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you would be a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lane Construction.

Interview

Quick and easy interview at school
    Simple questions were asked about me and my skills. The interviewer were nice and easy.
    It's great to work for this great company because of its great reputation and benefits over all.

Health issue

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I received an email asking for the best time to contact me. I replied and received a call the next day. The HR professional gave me an interview over the phone. The person was very friendly and easy to talk to. I fell like I should have prepared for the interview more but all went well and I got the position. I start in a week.

Interview Questions

• What made me transition from residential construction to civil engineering.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Worcester, MA).

Interview

The representative of the company contact me through my email and we set an hour for the phone interview. The interview was short and awkward. I got nervous and forgot how to describe part of my duties in my past job.

Interview Questions

• Did you had any leadership position at the organization that you belong? Are you able to relocate?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very nice and consisted of a group 6 back to back 30 min interview with various levels of the project management team. Later after that phase was completed there was a brief lunch and then a site visit of one of their local projects.

Interview Questions

• Typical what makes you want us to give you a job questions.   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Westfield, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the direct supervisor and then second interview including upper management. The HR manger was present. Alot of the questions involved my abilities to work with people rather than my abilities to perform the duties required by the job, or my knowledge of the business itself.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work long hours if necessary. Ability to handle hostile work environment.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Fairfax, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with Lane Construction recruiter at a career fair at George Mason University. I went in understanding that they were predominantly a construction firm and dealt a great deal with transportation construction. Lane's major concern was whether my interest would help benefit their firms goals.

Interview Questions

• Are you more interested in the design aspect or construction management of a project? And why?   1 Answer

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshire, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Cheshire, CT).

Interview

Takes about two months to get hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typical

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was refered by former peers.

Service Truck Driver/Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lane Construction (Lakeland, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

They notify you by phone, and then they ask you to come in for interview. If you are interested in job offer, then they ask you when would be a good time to come in. ( Day and Time) . You tell them and they set it up.

Interview Questions

• Ask you if you have any experience of the job. They tell you about the job, what time the job starts and ends daily, and the crew you will be working with. Then they ask you to go and take a drug test. After you take drug test, if all is good, then they will call you to come in for 1 day all day orientation. That's All.   1 Answer