Language Services Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Language Services Associates

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Language Services Associates.

Interview

Hiring process is straight forward. Everything is done over the phone. Interpreters interviews have no secrets, you either speak the language they are looking for or you don't get hired.

Interview Questions

• I think they asked me about climate change?   1 Answer

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Language Services Associates (Horsham, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen, then invited to interview in-person with the HR specialist and the Director of HR. Was received coldly by the HR specialist who treated both myself and colleagues with equal disdain and disregard. The Director did not show. My conversation with the HR specialist was all of 8 minutes. While I felt good about my answers and the few questions I was able to ask, I was also sitting there the whole time trying to figure out what I had done to make this interviewer so upset with me. It was very uncomfortable, and I never did find out as all further correspondence went without reply.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Language Services Associates in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy with few people involved from different departments, it was more about what company does, not what potential employee knows or can bring. Overall, pleasant but strange feeling as to when and how decision would be made on hiring part

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Language Services Associates (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Was called to talk about my experience and why I wanted to become an interpreter. After this 2 exams are made, an oral and a written one to test abilities. When you complete this successfully you go to orientation and then you are able to receive calls from home

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Language Services Associates.

Interview

I met with four people during my 1st interview. Very professional. Offices are very nice. It is the kind of place that you want to come to work to everyday...or at least five days :).

Medical Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Language Services Associates (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in July 2012.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews:
    I sent my CV and talked via email with the BA HR office, they replied right away with a job offer.
    A US HR recruitment rep contacted me via telephone twice to explain the recruitment process, everything was very clear, and if there were any doubts, they replied asap with specific answers.
    I went through 2 medical interpretation assessments: written and oral.
    I was contacted by the US tech team to verify the technical requirements.
    I had 2 interviews with the US Interpreter team managers, very polite and nice people, very enthusiastic. I was quickly trained on the system.
    I submitted my background criminal and credit reports, signed a confidentiality agreement, started working and a week later got the actual contract.
    The BA HR department was not as responsive as the US team, but I'm very satisfied in the end.

Interview Questions

• I cannot reveal the questions do to confidentiality issues, but it was related to protocol and medical vocabulary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No actual negotiation, they just told me the rate and I accepted it BEFORE the whole recruitment process began