Language Stars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Language Stars Interview Questions

Interviews at Language Stars

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Detailed and in depth but not intimidating. You can tell that the people who work here love what they do. They ask a lot of open ended questions, scenario questions, and role plays. You will be asked to provide examples of how you would execute on projects and initiatives, so make sure to do your homework.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Bethesda, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Long and a huge waste of time. The first 3 people you meet with are useless and worthless, as they have no say to you being hired or not, they are merely there to see if you qualify and unless you have connections, you will not make it this far unless you have solid experience in the field. The CEO is arrogant, and talks down to you in a condescending manner. I honestly didn't like these interviews but needed the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with kids before?   1 Answer

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Language Stars.

Interview

I found this position through a friend, and had an extremely bizarre interview experience. My communication with the recruiter was alternately casual and robotic; the number of interviews was ridiculous; and the length of the process obscene.

I was all-but asked to join their team, when I got a boilerplate email rejecting me, after nearly 5 months of interviews. All I can say is that I'm happy to not work for a place this scattered and unprofessional. Don't get me wrong; everyone was very lovely, but the interview process was as idiosyncratic as they come.

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars.

Interview

The interview process is a little strange. They have you do roll plays and barely ask you questions about yourself. They throw out situations to see how you would handle them. There are 5 phone interviews, all lasting an hour. If you pass, you get invited to finally go into the main office building and have a day-full round of shadowing center directors and sitting in on classes.

Interview Questions

• They ask a prioritizing question, which obviously there is a correct answer to however, you do not know the set-up or "pyramid" of language stars so the question is very hard to answer.   Answer Question

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Language Stars (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. Asked me what my skills are in target language. It only took about 10 mins. Asked me to create a demo video showing my skills with teaching children.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Language Stars.

Interview

It was a full day interview process that included meeting with directors, teachers, and HR staff. I was able to spend time in the classroom and gain a real understanding of what they do and why they are so passionate about it.

Interview Questions

• I don't speak a foreign language so how would I be able to convey the importance of foreign language learning to parents?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through an online job service. They got back to me within two weeks by email. We set up a phone interview where I was informed I would receive another email with some instructions on the next steps. The email contained links to videos of their methods and instructions to send in a video of myself reproducing the methods. I made the video and a few days later I was contacted through email again stating they would do one MORE phone interview where I would demonstrate the methods live to the hiring manager. I scheduled it for a few days later. They called, most likely I was put on speakerphone and there were several people listening. I had to pretend the hiring manager was a child and I had to teach her some of my foreign language. She was very friendly and easy to talk to but that part of it was really awkward. Then she had another person that spoke my language speak to me directly in that language to verify my ability to communicate. We happened to be from the same country so we spoke a little about that, she was also friendly and nice. After the phone interview I was sent another email with a job offer and to schedule training.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the usual simulations about how to deal with children and what I would do but the most difficult part was the teaching simulation where the hiring manager pretended to be a 5 year old child trying to learn a new language and I was her teacher. Really uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. Their pay rate is set.

French Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Language Stars (Hinsdale, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

They called me to and asked I'm interested in the position that I applied for and if I've ever worked with children. They asked if I can speak native French. Then I was sent an email that has instructions on how to do 2 audition videos. After I submitted the videos, I had another interview over google where I had to act as if I'm in a classroom live. Later a native speaking representative called me to have a conversation and see my fluency.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for language stars?
      Where did you hear of language stars?
      Where did you learn how to speak French and from what age ?   Answer Question

Part Time Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Language Stars (Alexandria, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I only met a leading teacher and the director of that center. It's around 15-20 mins per person. Do not be nervous and be yourself. They just want to make sure that your energetic and love teaching.

Bilingual Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington Center, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Barrington Center, IL).

Interview

1- Found them on the web
    2-Sent email, they replied right away
    3-Received a call to go to three different centers located around Illinois
    4-Witnessed about three classes
    5- I was hired
    6- Started as Substitute teacher (covering for the sick teachers, everywhere in town!)

Negotiation

They write a contract for you. It usually last a full school year. (August-June) If you start in the summer (June-August)
    Pros= You get paid or unpaid vacation depending on your case. No holidays off! Only Christmas and Thanksgiving Day.