Language Stars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Language Stars

2.8

French Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Language Stars (Hinsdale, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

They called me to and asked I'm interested in the position that I applied for and if I've ever worked with children. They asked if I can speak native French. Then I was sent an email that has instructions on how to do 2 audition videos. After I submitted the videos, I had another interview over google where I had to act as if I'm in a classroom live. Later a native speaking representative called me to have a conversation and see my fluency.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for language stars?
      Where did you hear of language stars?
      Where did you learn how to speak French and from what age ?   Answer Question

German Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

There were several steps in order to get to the interview process, which were unnecessary if they screened for what they were actually looking for. The first thing I did was email and describe how interested and qualified was, they automatically moved me along to their online application process, phone interview, and then they wanted me to make a 10 minute video pretending to teach German using their format. After all these steps, they decided that they actually didn’t really need a German teacher in the 20 mile radius, however there were 2 locations right outside rhat would work but only on a part time basis. If they had told me there availability from the start, all of this could have been avoided.

Interview Questions

• Where did you learn German?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Language Stars (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Two rounds, first you need to do a video. The video is about a teaching demonstration and they will sent you instruction. It is pretty easy and straight forward. Second you need to do a phone interview. They will check your teaching experiences and whether you are passion about teaching young kids. It is not very hard. And then you will go into training. The first training is online training. However, they will give you quiz and presentation, and once you passed the training, you will go to onsite training.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Language Stars (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

After I passed the first phone interview, I needed to submit a video showing my teaching skills and a short one introducing myself in my native language. They reviewed it, liked it and then called for another interview, after which I got a job.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous experience? Did I worked with young children before?   Answer Question

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Language Stars (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. Asked me what my skills are in target language. It only took about 10 mins. Asked me to create a demo video showing my skills with teaching children.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a Presentation.Human resources lady called me and asked me about my background as a teacher, why I wanted to work for the company, and my previous experience.

FLT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Language Stars.

Interview

you apply, and will get a phone call to a personal interview. They will ask you to do a video simulation. If you do good, they will give you a call and you have to do the same video simulation on the phone (!) and than you get hired and your training starts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, they tell you straight forward what's going on with potential of growth.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Detailed and in depth but not intimidating. You can tell that the people who work here love what they do. They ask a lot of open ended questions, scenario questions, and role plays. You will be asked to provide examples of how you would execute on projects and initiatives, so make sure to do your homework.

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Language Stars.

Interview

I found this position through a friend, and had an extremely bizarre interview experience. My communication with the recruiter was alternately casual and robotic; the number of interviews was ridiculous; and the length of the process obscene.

I was all-but asked to join their team, when I got a boilerplate email rejecting me, after nearly 5 months of interviews. All I can say is that I'm happy to not work for a place this scattered and unprofessional. Don't get me wrong; everyone was very lovely, but the interview process was as idiosyncratic as they come.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Language Stars (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through an online job service. They got back to me within two weeks by email. We set up a phone interview where I was informed I would receive another email with some instructions on the next steps. The email contained links to videos of their methods and instructions to send in a video of myself reproducing the methods. I made the video and a few days later I was contacted through email again stating they would do one MORE phone interview where I would demonstrate the methods live to the hiring manager. I scheduled it for a few days later. They called, most likely I was put on speakerphone and there were several people listening. I had to pretend the hiring manager was a child and I had to teach her some of my foreign language. She was very friendly and easy to talk to but that part of it was really awkward. Then she had another person that spoke my language speak to me directly in that language to verify my ability to communicate. We happened to be from the same country so we spoke a little about that, she was also friendly and nice. After the phone interview I was sent another email with a job offer and to schedule training.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the usual simulations about how to deal with children and what I would do but the most difficult part was the teaching simulation where the hiring manager pretended to be a 5 year old child trying to learn a new language and I was her teacher. Really uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. Their pay rate is set.