Lansing Community College Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Lansing Community College

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lansing Community College

Found 15 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Lansing Community College (United States)

Interview

It was easy. Great experience. Felt confident. Great educational institution. Would love to work there with all of the students and faculty. There reputation is impeccable and speaks for itself.

Interview Questions
  • How do i tackle diversity
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Lansing Community College (United States)

Interview

I read this site's reviews before I apply for a full-time instructor position. Although I read "Racist, the HR team is out to get you there," "HR is mean and vindictive," "There is definitely a general sense that the college simply does not trust their faculty-" I am a positive person. I applied for a STEM field instructor position. A proctored writing sample for 30 minutes was a part of the interview process. So, did a writing instructor candidate have to take a proctored math test?? I doubt it very much! Think about this place hiring practice!

Interview Questions
Lansing Community College
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in Jul 2017

Interview

A panel of four interviewers, with a prepared set of questions taking turns to ask a bunch of questions. The process was fairly informal but not a good selection process. It not consider work experience discussion

Interview Questions
Lansing Community College
Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in May 2017

Interview

I was interviewed in 2017 for student job at university center. two people interviewed me. asked about my experience with MS word, customer service and other related applications like access, power-point and one note.

Interview Questions
Lansing Community College
Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in Jul 2015

Interview

I was asked to prepare a 10-minute lecture and presented it to two faculty members. Afterwards, they asked me pre-planned questions and wrote down the answers on what looked to be a standard sheet, as I spoke. This was awkward and unnerving; I like to have a conversation during an interview. I assume they then took the sheet to a committee meeting and compared answers to be fair and to involve the group in the decision-making. Keep in mind this is only for a position in the social sciences and will vary by department.

Interview Questions
  • The student body is very diverse and many students are immigrants. What will this affect your teaching?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in Sep 2014

Interview

Received interview request after a week for a part-time support position (think office job). Pay was listed at $9.50 minimum. Had a panel interview (they described themselves as a "search committee") with 5 other people (and planned later a second interview with the actual hiring department) for a BASIC PART-TIME office job. I wouldn't recommend working here, it seems their internal processes waste a ridiculous amount of money and time.

Interview Questions
Lansing Community College
Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in May 2014

Interview

Inquired about basic knowledge of general chemistry. Special emphasis on the techniques used to improve the classroom experience. The interviewers like to see the use audio and visual tools in instruction. Also, there is an interest in abilities to teach in an online environment.

Interview Questions
Lansing Community College
Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI)

Interview

The interview was unexpectedly laid back, and didn't follow the usual format that people prepare for. I was interviewed by two people at one time, but they didn't seem very organized other than they had a set list of knowledge related questions.

Interview Questions
  • There are just many detailed technical questions in regard to the field of video production. It was hard to prepare for some of them, which those that work in the department don't even know.
Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in Jan 2013

Interview

Did a presentation on the basic of the course I was applying for then answered some questions from a duo of interviewers. Had to pass a background check and drug screening due to teaching at a campus that is attached to a local public school

Interview Questions
  • They gave me a topic to present on as if I were instructing for the course
Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in Aug 2012

Interview

Interviewed by the Computer Lab Supervisor and IT Help Desk Supervisor. General customer service questions. Being a current or past student is a bonus as those are the type of people you would be dealing with the most. They described the responsibilities, nothing intensive outside of possibly dealing with an upset student.

Interview Questions
  • What does it mean to "serve the learning needs of a changing community"?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15