Lansing Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lansing Community College

2.6

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Did a presentation on the basic of the course I was applying for then answered some questions from a duo of interviewers. Had to pass a background check and drug screening due to teaching at a campus that is attached to a local public school

Interview Questions

• They gave me a topic to present on as if I were instructing for the course   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Inquired about basic knowledge of general chemistry. Special emphasis on the techniques used to improve the classroom experience. The interviewers like to see the use audio and visual tools in instruction. Also, there is an interest in abilities to teach in an online environment.

Student Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online with general application and had an interview set up soon after. Pretty straightforward. Interviewed with a group from the office staff I'd be working with if I got the job. They asked me scenarios. An hour later and I had a job offer via voicemail and to come in to fill out necessary paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Gives us some recent duties at your previous jobs and how they would apply here.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in 2017 for student job at university center. two people interviewed me. asked about my experience with MS word, customer service and other related applications like access, power-point and one note.

PT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Received interview request after a week for a part-time support position (think office job). Pay was listed at $9.50 minimum.

Had a panel interview (they described themselves as a "search committee") with 5 other people (and planned later a second interview with the actual hiring department) for a BASIC PART-TIME office job.

I wouldn't recommend working here, it seems their internal processes waste a ridiculous amount of money and time.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

A panel of four interviewers, with a prepared set of questions taking turns to ask a bunch of questions. The process was fairly informal but not a good selection process. It not consider work experience discussion

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

After applying for the position online, I received a phone call to set up an interview. The interview was set for the following week and consisted of two parts: a skills test and a panel/group interview. The skills portion was timed (15 minutes) and was directly related to the position. From there, I was taken into a conference room and interviewed by five current employees: the direct supervisor, two other members from the hiring department, one outside liaison, and one human resources representative.

The whole interview lasted a little more than an hour.

Interview Questions

• We work under pressured timelines and deadlines; the position also works with very sensitive and confidential matters and student records. How do you successfully manage yourself in this kind of environment? Provide details or strategies used.   1 Answer
    • Please describe in detail your experience or knowledge of record keeping and records management.   1 Answer
    • Can you give examples of different ways you’ve grown as a professional and how you would like to continue to grow professionally? How have you added value to your job over time?   1 Answer
    • Please describe your supervision/management style and give an example that demonstrates your style.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a difficult interpersonal situation you encountered and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Full- and part-time positions at the college are unionized, so before the job is posted a salary is pretty much determined. You can see what the salary expectations are by noting the union level on the posting and then finding the chart on the human resources website. There may be $2-3,000 flex, but not more than that.

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a 10-minute lecture and presented it to two faculty members. Afterwards, they asked me pre-planned questions and wrote down the answers on what looked to be a standard sheet, as I spoke. This was awkward and unnerving; I like to have a conversation during an interview. I assume they then took the sheet to a committee meeting and compared answers to be fair and to involve the group in the decision-making. Keep in mind this is only for a position in the social sciences and will vary by department.

Interview Questions

• The student body is very diverse and many students are immigrants. What will this affect your teaching?   Answer Question

Computer Lab Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the Computer Lab Supervisor and IT Help Desk Supervisor. General customer service questions. Being a current or past student is a bonus as those are the type of people you would be dealing with the most. They described the responsibilities, nothing intensive outside of possibly dealing with an upset student.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to "serve the learning needs of a changing community"?   1 Answer

Student Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Apply on the lcc.edu website. Receive email and or phone call. Schedule interview. After interview found out within a couple weeks on whether or not you received the job.