Lansing Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

A panel of four interviewers, with a prepared set of questions taking turns to ask a bunch of questions. The process was fairly informal but not a good selection process. It not consider work experience discussion

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a 10-minute lecture and presented it to two faculty members. Afterwards, they asked me pre-planned questions and wrote down the answers on what looked to be a standard sheet, as I spoke. This was awkward and unnerving; I like to have a conversation during an interview. I assume they then took the sheet to a committee meeting and compared answers to be fair and to involve the group in the decision-making. Keep in mind this is only for a position in the social sciences and will vary by department.

Interview Questions

• The student body is very diverse and many students are immigrants. What will this affect your teaching?   Answer Question

Part-time Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online with an attached resume and cover letter. I was called about two weeks after that to set up an interview, approximately one week later. When I arrived and was shown into the interview room, I was surprised to see about ten people sitting around the table. I sat at the head of the table, and each person introduced themselves - various people from the involved department that formed the search committee. They had a list of questions - each took a turn asking me a question until they had exhausted the list. The interview lasted about an hour. In my opinion, it was a tough interview. I was called about two weeks later to set up the second interview, about a week later. This time, the panel only consisted of two people, but they were assistant deans (or deans, I can't remember). More relaxed second interview - more like a conversation. I thought this was a long and exhaustive process for a part-time receptionist job that only paid $9.50 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond for a client?   1 Answer

PT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Received interview request after a week for a part-time support position (think office job). Pay was listed at $9.50 minimum.

Had a panel interview (they described themselves as a "search committee") with 5 other people (and planned later a second interview with the actual hiring department) for a BASIC PART-TIME office job.

I wouldn't recommend working here, it seems their internal processes waste a ridiculous amount of money and time.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Inquired about basic knowledge of general chemistry. Special emphasis on the techniques used to improve the classroom experience. The interviewers like to see the use audio and visual tools in instruction. Also, there is an interest in abilities to teach in an online environment.

Video Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI).

Interview

The interview was unexpectedly laid back, and didn't follow the usual format that people prepare for. I was interviewed by two people at one time, but they didn't seem very organized other than they had a set list of knowledge related questions.

Interview Questions

• There are just many detailed technical questions in regard to the field of video production. It was hard to prepare for some of them, which those that work in the department don't even know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You get a set wage, which is non-negotiable, but luckily with my degree the hourly wage they specified was raised slightly from what it was posted.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Did a presentation on the basic of the course I was applying for then answered some questions from a duo of interviewers. Had to pass a background check and drug screening due to teaching at a campus that is attached to a local public school

Interview Questions

• They gave me a topic to present on as if I were instructing for the course   Answer Question

Computer Lab Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the Computer Lab Supervisor and IT Help Desk Supervisor. General customer service questions. Being a current or past student is a bonus as those are the type of people you would be dealing with the most. They described the responsibilities, nothing intensive outside of possibly dealing with an upset student.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to "serve the learning needs of a changing community"?   1 Answer

Supplemental Instructor Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview is pretty straight forward,
    Usually for them to take the time to interview you, they know you have the technical knowledge, what the worry about is how well yo communicate and teach. so it will be more behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• While you have always been comfortable with math, how can you relate to a student that struggles with the subject?   Answer Question
    • How would you react if a student brought a stolen copy of the exam from the professor and wants you to solve it for him?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there is no salary negotiation, if yo want to get paid more, negotiate for more hours

Student PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

Fill out an application for student employment and that is where the process begins. After I filled out the application I got a phone call to do a one on one interview, The interview was with the director of the PC technicians and I was hired at the end of the interview.