Lee Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.4

Field Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

I was sought out by a member of management, I filled out an application, interviewed with the Circulation Director and then a few days later with the Publisher and had my job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to enter what most people see as a dying industry?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Auburn, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was different because zero questions were asked about, qualifications, Job experience, etc. The hour long interview was of the interviewer speaking about the business their numbers, and the expectations of this job. I would say communication average was 90% them 10% me.

Designer Interview

Interview

First, phone interview, after filling out intranet online application, during which you submit clips and personal information, as well as resume. Next for second intevriew, basic question, discuss design portfolio, in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Plans for length of work at Lee   1 Answer

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a three stage interview process. The first was a quick interview over the phone. The second was a panel interview. The third consisted of a personality assessment.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I thought I was a good sales person and what made me qualified for the job.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crown Point, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Crown Point, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call 2 days after filling out my app. The interview and training is at the Crown Point office. The interview was a group setting with two interviewers and three interviewees. The questions were straightforward and the interview was pretty laid back. I heard back from them by the end of day and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to handle a situation without supervisor backup.   Answer Question

Page Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munster, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Munster, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting more information about myself. After that, I had a brief phone interview, and was asked to come in for an interview. I was taken to lunch, where I was asked standard background questions. After lunch, we went back to the office, and I was given a couple pages to design as a test to see if I knew what I was doing. After that, I met the team leads and was shown some of what the work entailed.

Page Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and an HR person called me within a couple of days. She actually wanted to do the phone interview right then, but I asked to reschedule it for the next day since I was busy at the moment. (It seemed weird that they'd want to do the interview immediately without scheduling it ahead of time...) Straightforward phone interview, the questions went on and on and on. There was no conversation, it was very Q and A, and it wasn't a technical interview since it was with HR so it was much more customer service, multiple deadlines, working with clients, working on projects, previous jobs, background etc. Very basic and if you have any previous work experience to draw examples from, you should be fine. Couple of concerns though: the job is hourly and second shift, working from 3pm-11pm or 4pm-12am, including working weekends (although they try to get you two days off in a row). Might not be ideal for everyone. After the phone interview, the design director was supposed to get in touch to arrange an on-site interview. This took over a week and by then I'd been offered another position elsewhere with better hours. Everyone seemed really nice and the work seemed interesting, but the hours would have been an issue as it'd be hard to have a social life.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises.

Interview

The first phase was a phone interview. The interview was an initial screening of general questions and a description of the job. I was then asked to come in for an interview. Various employees interviewed all the potential candidates together. It was not mentioned to any of us that this interview would be a group interview. Each candidate was asked the same question.

Digital Media Consultant (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Moline, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

A group of students were brought together to view a slide show given by HR and the director of sales. They then proceeded to conduct an open interview with the students an hour after the presentation was given.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you feel you have for this position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munster, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lee Enterprises (Munster, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went fairly quick. We interviewed on a Friday and by the following Tuesday we knew whether we had it or not. They got us processed as new hires and we were starting the following week. Two weeks tops. You start as. A group and then continue as one on one interviews. They were very thorough in explaining the position as well as the benefits included. Being part time is just as nice as full time

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question