Legg Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Legg Mason Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I was introduced to one of the interviewer through a common reference at the university. I was later invited to their office for interview with the team. So, I was basically sitting down in the room with a few people in the team for the interview. Interview was average tell me about yourself and past experience related. Had good conversations during the interview with whole team, but when I inquired about the result, initially haven't got any reply at all! Later one of the employees gave a lame excuse, but I kinda lost interest in the firm by then.

Overall, it was an unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past projects
      Mainly questions related to what I already had on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

One phone interview from HR and two rounds from department. The first round was with the hiring manager and the second was with the department head. Overall the interview process was relax and laid back. No trick questions. However, the entire process from the phone interview to the offer took a bit more than a month, so be patient.

Interview Questions

• What classes did you take at school
      Your strength and weakness
      what do you expect to get out of this internship   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Legg Mason.

Interview

The interview process dragged on forever.... Senior managers are scared of their shadows and do not know how to make or cannot make decisions. Forget the HR people. The four I spoke with were morons, all of them. If you want to work for this company, be prepared to wait a long time, go through countless rounds of interviews and deal with people who are willing to let their business suffer while positions go unfilled and clients are left unattended because they lack focus and conviction about their mission.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional and thorough. The staff were all friendly but also serious about their work. It included a couple of phone calls and then an in person interview at the office. There I met with several people, including a small group of would-be coworkers, a guy who was in charge of the software development, the manager of the department and then the managers boss.

Interview Questions

• They had me write pseudo-code for a simple sorting function.   Answer Question

Program/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was typical:
    1) Talent recruiter phone screens
    2) Phone screen by hiring manager
    3) In-person interview (multiple people)

I thought the interview process was easy going and not high pressured like other firms.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Agile and different methodologies in managing a project/program   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 6 different senior accountants on 2 different days. Overall it was a relaxed interview and the interview was really about them getting to know me. In total the interview lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are the courses you are taking ?How do you think these courses would help you succeed in this intern position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Legg Mason.

Interview

I applied online but had an employee referral. The interview process was simple. I met with two managers separately and they asked me some basic questions about why I chose accounting, what were my hobbies, what classes I've taken in school. They called me back the next day to offer me the internship.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview month later. The interview process was standard as I talked to several managers on the team. I was asked how I would manipulate data using excel, what skills I had, and what I did outside of my studies.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Legg Mason?
      Describe your resume?
      How would you manipulate data via excel?   Answer Question

Sales Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Screened by HR who will contact you if they feel you are qualified, then you will have either a 1:1 interview or a panel interview depending on hiring managers schedules.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR a few days letter to set up interview. Interview was very laid back, asked basic questions regarding my skills and how they applied to what LM does. Interviewed with three different employees. The interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your experience at XYZ firm and how the skills you obtained there apply to LM?   Answer Question