Legg Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2018

2.9

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted Resume and within 2 days I was contacted for a phone interview, followed by two 1-on-1 interviews and finally a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What skill do you feel you possess that allows you to work with people from different backgrounds?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took around 2 months. Preliminary interview over phone asked fit questions. Second interview was longer. 5 hour process/met with 10 people total. Some technical but mostly fit again. Overall, great people and great company

Interview Questions

• Asked to give my opinion on macroeconomic currents in the marketplace   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview month later. The interview process was standard as I talked to several managers on the team. I was asked how I would manipulate data using excel, what skills I had, and what I did outside of my studies.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Legg Mason?
      Describe your resume?
      How would you manipulate data via excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 6 different senior accountants on 2 different days. Overall it was a relaxed interview and the interview was really about them getting to know me. In total the interview lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are the courses you are taking ?How do you think these courses would help you succeed in this intern position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Legg Mason.

Interview

I applied online but had an employee referral. The interview process was simple. I met with two managers separately and they asked me some basic questions about why I chose accounting, what were my hobbies, what classes I've taken in school. They called me back the next day to offer me the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I was introduced to one of the interviewer through a common reference at the university. I was later invited to their office for interview with the team. So, I was basically sitting down in the room with a few people in the team for the interview. Interview was average tell me about yourself and past experience related. Had good conversations during the interview with whole team, but when I inquired about the result, initially haven't got any reply at all! Later one of the employees gave a lame excuse, but I kinda lost interest in the firm by then.

Overall, it was an unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past projects
      Mainly questions related to what I already had on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

One phone interview from HR and two rounds from department. The first round was with the hiring manager and the second was with the department head. Overall the interview process was relax and laid back. No trick questions. However, the entire process from the phone interview to the offer took a bit more than a month, so be patient.

Interview Questions

• What classes did you take at school
      Your strength and weakness
      what do you expect to get out of this internship   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR a few days letter to set up interview. Interview was very laid back, asked basic questions regarding my skills and how they applied to what LM does. Interviewed with three different employees. The interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your experience at XYZ firm and how the skills you obtained there apply to LM?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting. HR manager called me to do a pre-screening to make sure it would be a good fit. I was then called in for interview with about four of the managers who all worked in the same unit. They all asked me questions to see where I would be the best fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my career goals and past project experience I had.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with HR briefly, then met with two different departments. Everything was one on one. They went over my resume, asked about my experience, and talked about projects I would do. They went over their background and how long they had been with the company. Very nice, down to earth people. Then I asked questions about the company's culture and what they do day to day.