Legg Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted Resume and within 2 days I was contacted for a phone interview, followed by two 1-on-1 interviews and finally a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What skill do you feel you possess that allows you to work with people from different backgrounds?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took around 2 months. Preliminary interview over phone asked fit questions. Second interview was longer. 5 hour process/met with 10 people total. Some technical but mostly fit again. Overall, great people and great company

Interview Questions

• Asked to give my opinion on macroeconomic currents in the marketplace   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview month later. The interview process was standard as I talked to several managers on the team. I was asked how I would manipulate data using excel, what skills I had, and what I did outside of my studies.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Legg Mason?
      Describe your resume?
      How would you manipulate data via excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 6 different senior accountants on 2 different days. Overall it was a relaxed interview and the interview was really about them getting to know me. In total the interview lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are the courses you are taking ?How do you think these courses would help you succeed in this intern position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Legg Mason.

Interview

I applied online but had an employee referral. The interview process was simple. I met with two managers separately and they asked me some basic questions about why I chose accounting, what were my hobbies, what classes I've taken in school. They called me back the next day to offer me the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I was introduced to one of the interviewer through a common reference at the university. I was later invited to their office for interview with the team. So, I was basically sitting down in the room with a few people in the team for the interview. Interview was average tell me about yourself and past experience related. Had good conversations during the interview with whole team, but when I inquired about the result, initially haven't got any reply at all! Later one of the employees gave a lame excuse, but I kinda lost interest in the firm by then.

Overall, it was an unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past projects
      Mainly questions related to what I already had on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

One phone interview from HR and two rounds from department. The first round was with the hiring manager and the second was with the department head. Overall the interview process was relax and laid back. No trick questions. However, the entire process from the phone interview to the offer took a bit more than a month, so be patient.

Interview Questions

• What classes did you take at school
      Your strength and weakness
      what do you expect to get out of this internship   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR a few days letter to set up interview. Interview was very laid back, asked basic questions regarding my skills and how they applied to what LM does. Interviewed with three different employees. The interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your experience at XYZ firm and how the skills you obtained there apply to LM?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legg Mason.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting. HR manager called me to do a pre-screening to make sure it would be a good fit. I was then called in for interview with about four of the managers who all worked in the same unit. They all asked me questions to see where I would be the best fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my career goals and past project experience I had.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Legg Mason (Stamford, CT) in July 2018.

Interview

I've interviewed with Legg Mason for two roles, the first role I interviewed with at least nine individuals over the course of three months, no job offer, three days off from work. During that time everyone from HR communicated very well, so I always knew where I stood during the entire process. However, at the end of the third month, Legg Mason had a reorg and I was no longer under consideration. However for the Marketing Manager role, I have to say even though I worked with the same recruiter, the experience was inconsiderate at best. I took a day off from work to interview and met with five individuals total. The questions were fairly simple, it's a job I do now and could do with no problem given my experience. However, I really think there is a diversity problem, I happen to be a minority candidate and i think that is a surpise to the team. During both interviews, it was clear that Legg Mason doesn't embrace diversity, you just have to look around a global company with no global faces. I never interviewed with one minority team member and I think that matters, because it looks like Legg Mason tends to hire folks that look like the managers, it may be hard to get in thie firm even when you are qualified, just because of implicit bias. Unfortuantely, no one even communicated with me after my first interview with five individuals. I reached out at the two week mark and the four week mark and decided Legg was no longer a match for me. Everyone of color seems to work in HR, which is no surprise, that's where financial firms often hire minority candidates. It's unfortunate though because I made it a point to under stand the business needs, and it cost me a full week of work, which i could have used for vacation. lesson learned Legg Mason draws out the interview process for no real reason. Top management needs to do a better job recruiting people who have the skill set but don't look like them. I am pretty sure I was just an EEO checkmark and they probably hired an internal candidate for the role. That may be something they do more times than none. I feel they just post jobs, when they have already secured an internal candidate just to check a box. If you are a minority candidate think twice about applying to the CT office, the culture seems inviting, but I think it really is just a facade. I may sound like the bitter interviewer, but I have a job, so really it's about mutual respect of time. Don't waste people's time and if you are going to out of respect close the loop, that's the least they can do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Walk me through your employment history? Do you read music? How does your current role relate to this role? Do you speak another language?   Answer Question