LendingClub Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 237 of over 237 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

LendingClub

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LendingClub

Interview

First HR call, ask salary, their pay range is basically 20K below the market. Still accept to talk in the next round. Then instead of hiring manager, they sent some analysts to interview a manager candidate. Some of the people apparently lack of basic curtesy. It doesn’t went well this way. It is also very clear they didn’t treat the application sincerely. Just total waste of my time. Should have avoid this company in the first place based on the reviews.

Interview Questions
  • What is your Salary requirement
    Answer Question

LendingClub

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LendingClub

Interview

The interview process was fast-paced, had multiple interviews back to back, and was a bit difficult. The screen phone call lasts about 15 minutes with the recruiter. The second and final interview lasts about 30 minutes with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

66.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=LendingClub~349061
Join the conversation on

LendingClub

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingClub

Interview

Creative and innovative approach. Nontraditional setting and seem like a casual conversation rather than a structured series of questions. The interviewer did not ask questions about company's mission statement and had more interest in technical background.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LendingClub

Application

I interviewed at LendingClub

Interview

Interview was straight forward - 3 step 1. Interview with Hiring Manager 2. Introduction with HR 3. Interview with business people 4. Round with VP They are still startup mindset. HR needs lot of work on communicating effectively.

Interview Questions
  • Some technical questions, none of the interviewers know much about the subject

LendingClub

Application

I interviewed at LendingClub

Interview

RED FLAG: RUN. Interview here is a total waste of time. My technical interview either shows that the interviewer does not know SQL at all or a complete lack of integrity - they just want to trick you with "problematic" questions and put you into awkward situation & discriminate. Can't believe I was given a SQL problem that itself is violating the concept & rule of SQL. Glad I was able to confirm the concepts later with other SQL pros I know, rather than end up questioning myself.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

LendingClub

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at LendingClub in Oct 2021

Interview

First Hr round - Just want to know about you and your role. Second - With Hiring managers, some technical and behavioral questions Third - With one of their senior QA - Coding challenges Last - 4 rounds of pannel interviews. 1st - Live coding challenge and explanation, little tough than previous rounds, 2nd- Some Java technical questions, selenium and API based questions 3rd - Architectural-based questions, how do you design tests and scenarios with code. Some repo and build-related questions. 4th - Behavioural round

Interview Questions
  • Coding challenges go up to medium level. Some technical questions about selenium, API, and java

LendingClub

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LendingClub in Sep 2021

Interview

The application and the first interview went great but for the second zoom interview I had home work. They said there is not any right or wrong answer but clearly there is. Otherwise why give homework. Interviews are stressful enough we don’t want homework on top of it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LendingClub

Application

I interviewed at LendingClub

Interview

Over the phone interview followed by in person/zoom call. Professional conduct with pleasing demeanor from the interviewers. Went very well. I was also given a quick turn around time in receiving a decision.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The HR is super unprofessional, didn't show up for the phone screening. Scheduled for the second one, and cancelled at last minute. That made me not want to move forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at LendingClub (Sandy, UT) in Aug 2021

Interview

I had someone reach out to me in regards to the role I applied. I went through the process when I wasn’t really even looking for a new opportunity. I did it because of the great experiences I have had with several people that work at the company. This isn’t my first time applying with the team here at lending club. It was honestly a horrible experience the recruiters are nice don’t get me wrong. In following up multiple times to try and figure out the status of the interview nearly 4 weeks later I got a generic thank you. It’s clear that I was only a number to the recruiter no care beyond that. I officially have applied for my last role at that company. I hear great things but I’ve experienced the exact opposite.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 237 Interviews

LendingClub Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at LendingClub as 48.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.69 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Credit Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Member Support Representative and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at LendingClub takes an average of 17 days when considering 259 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Member Support Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Credit Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at LendingClub according to 259 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.35%