LendingClub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LendingClub

2.7

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

I sent in my resume & then took time out of a vacation to come in for an interview. The interview went well & everyone was friendly--I thought. Turns out they were apparently concerned that I didn't have positive things to say about my current employer. That's an odd concern given that I'm trying to leave. LendingClub then contacted my current employer and mentioned that I didn't have positive things to say about it!!! That has really hurt my current position. As icing on the cake they didn't bother sending me any sort of follow up, their HR also seems flaky. LendingClub poses itself as an alternative to big banks but most of its rapidly-expanding staff comes from big bank backgrounds and that mentality seems to be prevalent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?   2 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. Everyone was friendly. No one was tricky with questions. Helped me figure out. Gave me a quick tour of the company too. Its awesome!!! Questions were fairly simple. Strong background of Java expected. Prepare basic tree traversal, matrix traversal, arrays etc. problems. Study Java concepts well.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

- Very professional company
    - Unlike most recruiters, my recruiter actually got back to me in reasonable to time to let me know I did not make it. This helps when you have to make decisions!!!
    - People are very reasonable
    - Lunch with other associates which is helpful to hear about what the expectations are of associates.

Interview Questions

• - They say they are language agnostic but well...
      - Java shop! Know your Java and patterns in and out!
      - Basic basic data structure implementation
      - Mostly Java questions and Java design questions
      - No algorithms unlike other mainstream companies.
      - Little bit of database in the phone screen.   1 Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingClub (Westborough, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

This is probably the worst interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter at Westborough MA site pinged me multiple times to see if I was interested. When I decided to give them a shot, the nightmare began. The recruiter first failed to call me at scheduled time whithout any notice. Only after I asked her if she wanted to rechedule she agreed to call at another time. And once more, then she was late for 15min and said the conversation had to be cut short. Ok, I was fine with that. Chatted for a few minutes and she asked me if I had any questions. I asked a couple of questions and she said she would get back to me. Never did. I asked if she wanted to start the process. And then she said the managers he managers have decided to move forward with other candidates.

Talked with my friend. He told me he also got pinged by the recruiter and had exactly same experience. What a joke.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The technical phone screen was one hour long. The interviewer was really nice and calm. He covered all the basic questions about Rest API, HashMaps, SQL queries. He would ask me questions on one topic until I would not know the answer to something. In algorithms he asked me to write a program on CoderPad for reversing a LinkedList. The guy was helping me find the solution. He was more focused on my approach towards the solution not the final answer. Overall, it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview was OK, all the rounds / interviewers were good except the Director guy, who showed up 25 minutes after the scheduled time with some lame excuse and he is outright rigid and kept asking the same question of why LendingClub; your recruiter has contacted me on LinkedIn, I didn’t apply for it.

LendingClub is Java heavy and they don’t care about your problem solving skills if you don’t know the frameworks they use.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Its standard. Phone screen followed by onsite. A few technical rounds followed by management rounds. Management pays a lot of focus on where you previously worked. If you are from saleforce you have a good chance of making it through.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LendingClub.

Interview

Standard technical interview reviewed algorithms, software architecture, and optimization. All interviewers were patient, interested learning more about me as a candidate. Really helpful when explaining different teams and the products that are currently being worked on. A lot of white-boarding and behavioral questions. Overall, it was a really positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. All interviewers were friendly and absolutely made sure that the person is comfortable. Very practical questions which focus on the area of work.

Technical discussions were spot on.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions which we see everywhere online
      No complex or tricky programming questions, but fundamentals are valued highly.
      Strong focus on technology stack and frameworks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 webcast screenings (coding challenges on shared screen with interviewer, 45 mins each)
    1 onsite interview ( 4 interviews with 4 different individuals, 3 technical , 1 behavioral)

Fairly straightforward questions, just make sure to review algorithms, data structures, and sorting algorithms.