LendingClub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. There was another phone call with a different recruiter and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was brought onsite for an interview with about 5 different people that lasted ~3 hours. Everyone was very professional and I felt comfortable. They switched me to a different recruiter the day I came onsite for an interview and he wasn't responsive. He kept promising he would get back to me with feedback but never did after several weeks of unanswered emails. Its inconsiderate for employers to never respond to a candidate who was in the final stages of the interview process. Despite having a great interview experience I have a negative view of this company now because they can't respond to candidates who have invested a lot of time in their process.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. She and I had a call to discuss the company and position, and then I had a second phone interview with the would-be manager. The following week, I went for an on-site interview with about six people in quick succession. After, I followed up with the recruiter with references.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you've worked on where there were multiple stakeholders with diffferent agendas you needed to align.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingClub in March 2017.

Interview

It was a first phone screening. I applied for this position online and one of recruiter contacted me and arranged the interview. He asked about what I have done and very detailed questions in instructional design works.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LendingClub (Westborough, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was expedient and easy. The recruiter and hiring manager were extremely helpful. My appointments with each director and manager were well organized and on-time. Every individual who interviewed me was professional and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous position and how you think it applies to inside sales and your ability to contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty lousy experience overall - for an internal referral.

The initial interactions with the recruiting team was promising, however the hiring team turned out to be very unprofessional. The first round of telephonic technical discussion was canceled just 1 hour before the call citing developer absence. The call was rescheduled with the same engineer, who turned up 15 minutes late - but the discussions went fine; so did not mind the initial delay.

Was invited onsite to meet the hiring team engineers and director. The interactions did start well and the people I met were courteous, but again the schedule was interrupted mid-way due to engineer unavailability. The recruiter seemed rather helpless at this point, when we met to wrap up the day's interview proceedings.

Did not feel excited about the prospect of joining such a group, where the engineers did not seem to honor the team building commitment and respect people's time. Also, this shows a lack of respect to existing staff who care and reach out to suitable candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tree traversal coding, Concurrent transactions, System Design   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingClub.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter who was very nice. Then got sent a data challenge, in which I had the option of using SQL or another language to complete it. The challenge said that if you didn't have access to SQL software, to let them know. After letting the recruiter know, he said that the hiring manger said to just do the exercise using R programming. I communicated that I only knew SQL, after which I got no response, so I just wrote out the SQL without being able to run the code through any program or get the outputs. I never heard back from them after submitting. Pretty weird and unprofessional experience since most companies that have you do SQL challenges give you software or some link to actually input your SQL in (and the worksheet even said to let them know). Not a great experience overall.

Member Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website and received an email from a recruiter about scheduling a phone interview. It was a simple fifteen minute conversation, then they invite you in for an in-person interview. When you get there, the recruiter gives you a quick tour throughout the office of the position you applied for. I interviewed with two of the member support supervisors. The first supervisor I talked to was really nice, bubbly, and engaging. Seemed like she was truly interested in my answers or what I was saying. The second supervisor.... Yeah, not so much. She came off a bit condescending. I felt like she had an attitude problem and gave me this passive aggressive look when she asked a question because she wanted to understand my responses more. On top of that, when I asked her how the culture was like working at her department, she had such a negative expression and said that the culture there was loud, young, and that no one on her team listens to her..... Not sure if she's supposed to be that upfront towards an candidate about her personal problems at work... But from what I assumed from her responses, she seemed unhappy and didn't like working there or her team so much. Yeah, her negative outlook rubbed off on me. Anyways, they say that during the next couple of days the recruiter will be in contact with you to provide feedback. I received an email from the recruiter asking when was the best available time to talk so he could provide feedback. I emailed him back, yet he never even called me or followed up with me. -__- Seems like my response was ignored and was over a week ago. At least send a rejection email to keep it more professional, especially if you can't even follow through with providing feedback like you said you would.

Interview Questions

• If you could build a team, what positive traits/skills would you want in your team and which negative traits/skills would you want to avoid?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LendingClub (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The company is unstable. All the workers looked depressed and unmotivated. It was not a good sight to see before the interview. I had this unsettled feeling about culture in the company. The good reviews above are all just lies by recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer seemed distracted and there was a lot going on in their minds.   Answer Question

Investor Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LendingClub (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter from Lending Club reached out to me to schedule an interview, but calls me 15mins late on the day that we scheduled for, just to tell me that we'll need to reschedule for the follow day. Then, on the next day, he emails me 10min prior to the appointment asking if we could reschedule to another day. After that, I responded to him with my availabilities, but never heard back again from him. This is a complete lack of respect for applicants and I would never even consider apply there in the future.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LendingClub (New York, NY).

Interview

First I was given a phone interview. The interviewer was about 15 minutes late to call me. After that I was offered to come into the office to interview with multiple people for about 3 or 4 hours.