LesConcierges Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LesConcierges Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LesConcierges (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First, HR contacts you for initial interview appointment and have short discussion regards to the job that you applied for. Next, hiring manager contacted you and you will have interactive discussions regarding the position, job etc. Interview, itself isn't too difficult. Next, you will join a call with peers and then have next round of interview. Again, interview discussion will be based on prior hospitality experience, and the etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LesConcierges (New York, NY).

Interview

Smoke and mirrors - they present the company like it's the end I'll job and it turns out that it's a company that does not follow HR laws, it's a 25 year old+ company that acts like a completely dysfunctional start up with major cash flow problems It's extremely toxic and if you're not part of the" in "crowd you're discriminated against - run to Starbucks if you hv to for a job!

Interview Questions

• The usual depending on how you get they may try to test your knowledge of the travel industry   Answer Question

LesConcierges Response

Feb 9, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. I would like to know more about your interview experience. As the Director of Human Resources for North America your comments concern me... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LesConcierges (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with different people all held on the same day. It almost feels like you need to lead them in the questioning process. Maybe they were new or had never held an interview before?

Interview Questions

LesConcierges Response

Feb 9, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. If you would allow me the opportunity to hear more about your interview process it would be much appreciated. Please email me in confidence at... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LesConcierges (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Ugh. Group interview with about a dozen people. Questions were tossed out by two very greasy "managers." Situations in which the "team" would brainstorm answers to a question. "Your client, a new bride, needs a dozen yellow roses, STAT, her shoes re-healed and steak tar tar. She's in Aruba, what do you do?" Really? Then the oiliest of the two managers, name dropped all of his celebrity clients. The loudest, cheesiest ones get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LesConcierges (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted through LinkedIn and HR called me back within a few weeks. I scheduled an interview, they loved me, and was hired the next day. I researched the company before I went to the interview, so I was prepared with questions to ask. I interviewed with the Program Manager and HR and they were really nice and to the point. An impressive resume helps. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you detail oriented? Do you have travel experience? Tell me about some of your goals and your experience. Are you willing to work an evening shift?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LesConcierges (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Received call to interview over the phone, never met HR, expected to start next day

Interview process was easy, however it took over 3 months from the time I applied to book the interview time & date.

HR personnel seemed odd. Upon being hired met with a few managers & asked availability. I mentioned I needed at least 2 weeks, I Was asked to start training the next day

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was all I was asked. The interview was 15 minutes & was offered to start immediately   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LesConcierges (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was the initial phone interview which was then followed up with an in person interview. A few weeks later, I received an email inviting me for a second interview with the account managers, the whole process from initial contact to last interview was about 3 weeks. After having gone through the final interview, I waited around 1 week and since I hadn't heard back from the recruiter, I decided to email politely asking if there were any updates (since I was told she would know in a few days)...no response. Having experienced this kind of treatment before with the same company (although on this prior occasion, I did not make any contact after the interviews), I wasn't entirely surprised at the lack of attention, total disregard and unprofessionalism, ironic from a company that claims to be so attentive to customer service.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LesConcierges (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long winded and lengthy. Recruiter made it seem the job was top-secret clearance. THe interviewers kept saying this is the hardest interview you will ever have. "only 20% of people make it through the process and are offered employment." entire process took more than a month of back and forth.

I interviewed in a group of 4 and then was selected to come back. And interviewed with 4 managers.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at LesConcierges (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I should have rescheduled and not interviewed because I was not expected due to email and weekend travel conflicts. The person that made contact with potential dates/time since I was traveling out of the area and needed to make sure I was back in the area. The person did send a date and time with asking me to confirm right away and then they can send details later. I did. It was the weekend so I understand people are busy and also need to work things out with schedules if they can. I emailed, since I was already given the time I would be at the appointment. I would hate to not show up and look as if I am not responsible and wasting their time. I went and was told they were not expecting me which I was not surprised with dealing with email and traveling. However, it worked out since someone else did not show up or rescheduled. The person had someone interview me who could fit in the time. I was interviewed by two more people after that also were fine with it. That is normal. I wasn't sure if it was someone legitimate that made contact in the beginning even thought it was through Indeed because I have been a victim of Internet Stalking. And some sites have unskilled recruiters, and scams still getting through. I have since made my resume private and got off other sites I just really do not like people with not good intentions in companies can access your information by doing favors for your nemesis that may be known and many unknown to you. So going in for the Face to Face took away those concerns somewhat. I really wondered though at first since I was contacted in the early morning hours by email. That is normal to me because I am up all night sometimes or up very early or late working or doing other things. I use email then to send things out and think nothing of it because people get them whenever they open their email. Not be expected to be alerted because I send email at 3am. This world is INTERNATIONAL with many working or living in various time zones in many professions not with routines some think everyone has or not normal. With the interviews we did change conference/meeting rooms during the process which is normal. So it was not negative to me. It may be part of the interview process to see how you adapt to change and able to still pick up where you left off. I looked at the Glass Door reviews and read information on the website but know to go in off my own experience based on what I am looking for and what they are seeking and offer. It it's a fit it will be otherwise this world is vast and move on unless there was some major harm done to file complaints. There wasn't any. The people were positive and explained things and answering questions that I interviewed. I did learn a lot of interesting information that was fascinating to me but it may not be to other people. I am glad I went in because I can refer other people when they are hiring. The way I was interviewed gave me a very good view of the company from a inside out actual position and department specific based on the client base that was not overload information. It felt like a boutique interview experience to me. Not stuffy but comfortable. I received the application and background papers due to how the scheduling went which I understand. I could not stay to do that based on another appointment scheduled. I was asked to scan it however, I let the person know I would sent it priority mail. The person explained to scan because that is secure. I said I can do both but I don't know when I will be able to access a computer to scan but I do need to go to the Post Office. I was told I would be called after they checked in with the team that interviewed me by the next day. I was not sure if things are secure and a different account they must log in to get the emails or scans. I was not going to send in my information nor Priority Mail due to reading about something that may pose a conflict of interest I wanted answered. I finally sent something to let them know I was traveling for job interviews and the best of luck in finding the appropriate fit if I wasn't one. I held off due to being contacted by them and know there are many qualified people that can be hired especially since San Francisco is a large city with a Hospitality and Travel Industry. LesConcierges was a REFRESHING interview process. They know what they are doing. And management does change up in all new companies. You must get the processes and teams to function where they flow and that is through making changes. This company really has some very great career opportunities. Sometimes it is timing or there is another position you may be a fit for or you need more experience, etc. Take the time now to define what you are seeking. It was not a stressful experience and I have truly been in places that were very immature and asking very inappropriate questions as if I was on CANDID CAMERA. That wasn't LesConcierges.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in the Travel Industry? What are some of the locations I have traveled? What would I do when someone calls to book a flight or trip? How would I handle a complaint or unhappy client? How do I feel about the hours? Did I have any questions for them? Was their something specifically I would like to ask them? Was I familiar with the company? Was I familiar with some of the benefits?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LesConcierges (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Called for an interview, went through the interview process and was hired the next day. Was suppose to have a phone interview with the Client but missed the call and they hired me anyway. Interviewed with the Hr rep and the center manager, Both were nice, and strayed off topic a lot.