Liberty Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Global Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.4

Graduate Technology and Innovation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Global in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and completed online tests, then was called to complete a video interview online which was simple and consisted of 3 questions to answer. Then I had a telephone interview which lasted about 45 minutes - this was very in depth and quite difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges facing the tech industry?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2017.

Interview

I made an online application. After one month, HR connected me for the first step. He called me and asked classical questions (CV questions). After one week, they called me for the first interview to Amsterdam office. I went there on time and waited for the hiring manager around 30 min.
    The meeting was very friendly and we talked about the vacancy. The questions were based on competency based. For the second step, he told me I would hear in 3 days. What a lie! I called and sent e-mails to HR. There was no response for a month. I got an offer from a different company and withdrew my application. At the same day, I got reject letter from HR. To speak honestly, it was one of worst experience. Just waste of my time. HR did not care YOU!

Graduate Management Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Global.

Interview

I had only a first interview with the HR manager which took 30 min. The interviewer was really friendly and the questions pretty standard. Make sure that you show your enthusiasm and that you can be a good fit by giving examples from your background. They seem to be really picky so choose your words carefully.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your CV.
      Describe A time you showed commercial awareness.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I sent my CV and cover letter, was contacted 2 months later for an ability test and for a classical HR phone interview and then invited to an assessment center comprising of a case study to be solved in teams, a presentation of that case study, followed by questions and a series of statements about the company with which we had to agree/disagree.
    Regarding the case study which focused on the financial statements of the company and their market evolution I do recommend reading the financial chapter of the annual report, compare the balance sheet items with other similar firms, know their stock price and something about their strategy (mobile development is key for the next couple of years).
    The next day, there was a 1 to 1 interview with the Finance VP and it tested mostly my finance knowledge: classical accounting questions like 'How would you record a sale when the customer pays at the end of the month?", "What's the impact on the BS, Income Statements and P&L?" etc.

Their corporate culture seems relaxed, they offer access to a gym and a nice cafeteria, but the payment is quite low around 1700 eur/month.
    Also junior trainees are the last to choose their rotations.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Liberty Global?
      What were your responbilities at your previous internships?
      Can you tell me a situation where you had a conflict with a colleague?
      Can you give me an example of a time when you had to innovate (this question is really important).
      Finance related questions, both by the company and the market.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Global (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Walking through CV
    Explanation of the role and responsibilities of the job
    Questions asked about the key functions of the role and how that relates to the skills and experience expressed in the CV

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the ideal candidate for this role   Answer Question
    • If we ask your manager to describe you, what would be his response   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2015.

Interview

Via agency. Was called and interviewed by Liberty Global. Informed during the interview that I would be going to next round in the following week - The following round would consist of testing my knowledge and skills over a period of a day at Liberty Global. Was also informed that agency would confirm the specific date. Three days later I was informed that Liberty Global had chosen a candidate for the position and therefore the function was closed.

Interview Questions

• How big, in terms of money and team size was your last projects/programs   Answer Question

Supply Chain Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2014.

Interview

Step 1 : Telephone interview with HR (More about : Getting to know you)
    Step 2 : Face to Face interview with the hiring manager
    Step 3 : Test about Analysis with real data (This is not a normal procedure - since my role was a specialist role; this was something that I had volunterred during my interview process to show off my skills)
    Step 4 : Interview with the hiring manager peer
    Step 5 : HR Interview about the contract, compensation and benefits

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that was very challanging that you had accomplished in your carrer?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Global (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Positive interview with nice and friendly interviewers. The process was longer than expected and took a long time to complete. No IQ or other tests but some of the questions were challenging. You get to meet a lot of the team which is great as you get to know the company well before you join. Communication was good throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Global (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2014.

Interview

Intensive 45 minute interview as part of a full-day assessment which also included psychometric tests, presentations, and teamwork exercises. The entire assessment was very thorough and rewarding, despite the fact that it took place as part of a departmental reorganization in which about half the employees were let go. The interview was with a company director and a third-party consultant, and focused primarily on self-awareness, personal motivation, interpersonal skills, and core competencies, as well as scrutinizing the interviewee's ability to respond well under what was at times a fairly fierce interrogation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty Global.

Interview

Number of interviews is three but deends on position. Starting with a telephone interview, followed with two personal interviews including HR. The whole process is done through recruiter, from arranging the interview to job offer. In case of travels from abroad, company reimburses the costs even in case of unsuccessful interviews. They offer a one-off repatriation payment and temporary accomodation for first month.

Interview Questions

• Drawing at a flip chart, explaining professional experience.   Answer Question