Lightower Fiber Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lightower Fiber Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.5

Field Operations Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks.

Interview

Interview was general questions and qualifications. There were not any technical questions. Interviewers included manager and supervisors.
    I have not heard back even after an email. I would like a little more communication.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what you have done in your past jobs that would qualify you for this job?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks (Hamden, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 key managers. They were not prepared. I asked questions and lead the discussions. Majority of questions i asked they either didnt know the answer or noted they were looking into it (claimed it was "hot topic"). this Interview was limited to one hour at the end of the day and after the 1 hr it was very clear they were done even though there was still alot to discuss, their mannerisms indicated they wanted to go home. They seemed very focused on someone who could provide an internal service that was very minor in the scheme of things. ( and legally impossible to do in a short period of time) it was clear they didn't have much background on my expertise. They really shouldn't have been the hiring managers for the position but because on had claimed some experience in my field he was selected. nice people just had no clue how to interview or what the opportunity entailed.

Interview Questions

• If you are forced to meet a deadline and in order to meet it you have to break the law are you ok with it. Because you have to meet the deadline no matter what. How do you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks in July 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed 2 different times. Waited 3 weeks inbetween first interview and a reply was then asked to come in next day and interview with a vp and two others. Waited 6 more weeks after interview to hear anything back

Interview Questions

• how many ping pong ball can you fit in a 747?   1 Answer

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks (Melville, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

They did not interview me. They hired my directly. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone, and was hired because an employee was on sick leave. I was asked a few questions on the phone by the recruiter and the hiring process was then started. I was hired within a few days of initial contact, and did not have to wait long until I started working here. If I am correct, I started working within 6 days of initially being contacted by the recruiter.

Negotiation

Great. I was not interviewed

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks (Boxborough, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

one phone call, then asked to drive 40 miles on my own dime for face to face interview. It was very casual, and got the sense that they were not prepared to engage in a constructive dialog.

Interview Questions

• operational experience, it was up to me to uncover gremlins, hiring manager kept the bad stuff close to the vest.   1 Answer

Off-Net Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

interview was fast with two great people that were my direct managers talked about circuits and provisioning as long as your know bandwidth and service delivery you can do any position within the
    service delivery/provisioning or off net realm

Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks (Boxborough, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

I was called to interview 3 times, the last time should have told me to not take the job. The manager interviewing me disclosed how she want to fire someone in her dept., but she could not because she is old and would probably sue the company and that she is a race horse when it come to putting out work. This employee she is referring has a vulgar mouth, calls people out of their names, and very negative....needless to say that employee is still there.

Interview Questions

• "Are you Black, what is your nationality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary, I received $2,000 more than I asked for, now I know why, the company has poor Business Ethics.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lightower Fiber Networks in August 2008.

Interview

The company was presented as a very good and profitable company. The culture did seem to work out. I had one interview with the direct manager and one with the VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The best is to be ready to decline if you don't get what you want from the begining. The promisses are not always true.