Lightspeed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lightspeed

2.9

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Signed up for an open house on the company website and visited the sales office in NYC. The environment was friendly, welcoming, and made for a great experience. Shortly afterward, a recruiter reached out and asked if I'd be interested in applying for a position.

Upon confirming my interest, a video call was arranged with a HR rep. The rep was courteous and professional, however I have two pieces of feedback on this step:

1) The video call format felt uneven. I called in from my personal device (as I imagined most interviewees would) in a small area, and the rep was set up in a conference room. This is not exactly a gripe, but it was unnerving to be on a video call where I could barely make out the individual's face all the while knowing my face was taking up an entire TV screen on the other end.

2) The rep clearly didn't know who she was talking to at the beginning of the call. I noticed the confusion early on and she quickly clarified before pulling up the right resume, but in retrospect it illustrates a somewhat disorganized and detached process that is a turn-off. If I had started the interview by talking about why I want to work at Shopkeep, I imagine the Lightspeed rep would have dismissed me quickly - it goes both ways.

Interview feedback aside, it does not surprise me that I did not get an offer - this was early in my job search and I was underprepared. That said, the primary reason this was a negative experience is because of the followup. I contacted the recruiter three times over the course of two weeks, and never received an actual update on my application. Twice I was told that my message was passed on to the HR team, who would reach out shortly, but I never heard and eventually moved on to other companies.

Interview Questions

Lightspeed Response

May 18, 2016 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for the detailed feedback. While we receive and interview a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up with every candidate that we speak to. I sincerely apologize that you... More

Senior Program Manager Interview

Interview

Can't shake the feeling of being asked at length by the hiring manager about my childcare arrangement. Where my husband works, who will go get my 'young children' etc. Let's not propagate this line of questioning for women.
    Otherwise met very nice people.

Interview Questions

• The hours I expect to work and who would pick up my children from daycare.   Answer Question

Lightspeed Response

Jun 18, 2018 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback - our working mothers (and fathers) are an integral part of our team and success, and we wouldn't have it any other way. Our goal is to support and accommodate our working... More

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed (Olympia, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

There is a fun and thorough essay-based application, followed by a phone interview, then an in-person interview, then an office-wide interview.

Interview Questions

• "Which do you prefer- cake or pie? Why?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really personable and reasonable. I met one on one with the head of the department and we talked about what we both wanted from my time with the company. Very amicable.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed (Montreal, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview, send a writing sample in FR and EN within 48hrs, went to second round for in person interview. HR was professional throughout. Had the opportunity to speak in an informal manner with current content specialists.

Interview Questions

• - How do you feel about dealing with deadlines?
      - What kind of content do you have experience with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed.

Interview

The process was quick but had extremely wonderful communication of expectations and what each step would entail. Although it was a quite extensive process, it was the most pleasant hiring process I've ever had in my career!

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lightspeed (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took 2+ months, I extended time because of the summer time I had a 10 days vacation after we start, I think normally it would take 1 month. 1 Recruiter, 1 HR Manager, 1 Technical Meeting, 5 days Assesment 2 Reference calls after 3 or 4 days from reference calls/check they gave the offer. They are very kind people all the team you will like them. They are responsive and wants to you to there, and tries to do everything to get you to there. Just be yourself and know team play, best practices. Do your best for the assesment. They gonna dig the code that you write in any aspects from code quality to design principles, tests to the technologies that you are used for the project, and extensive documentation is a plus. All process are remotely done. They gonna help you for relocation and they give you a budget up to 2000€ to relocation fees. If you give them receipts you will get your money back about reimburshment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions about team work, refactoring and coding styles. Mostly they check you whether are you suitable for the team or not. Actual test is the assesment.   1 Answer

Salary package doesn't fit to my requirements, I don't say it is less. It can fit for many range of the devs. But in my case I will try other opportunities.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2019.

Interview

HR department is fantastic! They work very fast, professional, kind and communicative. They supported me and provided clear information for each step of the interview.
    The development team was very technical, professional and open to answering the questions regarding the products and processes within the company.

Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lightspeed (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very casual; spoke in person with the managers and they were very easy to speak with - made me feel very comfortable. They asked questions to see if I was a good fit for the team as well as the company. I asked them questions in return to get an idea of what kind of characters they had.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment am I used to working in   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was efficient. All the employees I was in touch with were very welcoming and personable, in addition to being clear about the position, the environment and the work involved.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lightspeed (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewed with a developer who asked me a technical question which I had to code in Google Docs. That was a bit annoying because Google Docs isn't a proper code editor but it was fine. The question was programming language agnostic so pseudo code or any specific language was acceptable. The technical question was fairly easy, and the process was fun.