Lime Brokerage LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lime Brokerage LLC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

After applying online got hackerrank next day.
    Simple questions about OOPS.
    Next day got email from recruiter asking for interview date
    I confirmed recruiter's suggested date then no one shown up on interview date
    Worst experience ever

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on hackerrank. Anyone with Computer's background can easily clear it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Hackerrank test screener, seemed a healthy balance of easy/slightly difficult questions. Great as a screener.

Afterwards I was invited to a wordpair session on Hackerrank. There was a snaffu regarding the phonecall, but after that was sorted out, we went to a session where a few quiz questions were thrown out there followed by the code session. quiz questions were basic (tcpvudp, multithreaded experience, etc.)

Now here is why I am writing this review - I had a very rude and arrogant interviewer. In addition to citing things that were wrong (that really weren't) he had an affinity towards ignoring approach and the caveats I would say. Very absolutist in how you are wrong. For example, why use a struct vs. a class? Well I'm in an interview session, I want to make it quick and dirty. It was overall a terrible experience and I know it was a way for someone to feel good about themselves (the interviewer).

I'm genuinely disappointed because everything I read spoke towards the company being a solid employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I made it till the second stage. The first stage was a coding challenge on hackerrank. It consisted of 4 questions. The time provided was inadequate for 4 questions. I was able to complete only 3 questions. Nevertheless, I got selected for second round.

Second stage consisted of a video interview on hackerrank codepair with one engineer. I was asked to implement a queue from scratch. However, my friend who interviewed with a different engineer was asked different questions. He did not seem satisfied with my implementation. They did not get back to me initially, but I followed up and they replied saying I was not selected for next round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do a 75min online test in Hacker Rank. It is not difficult but the input of the second question is a little confusing. Read the requirements carefully.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted array and a direction based question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a series of phone screens. After the second screen I was told that they would call me back in a few days, and they never did. They could at least tell me "Sorry, but we are no longer interested" so I can move on with my life.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in a technical support role?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC.

Interview

I was asked to do an Online Coding (Hacker Rank) test which comprised of two problems. It was quite okay if you know basics very well. Precisely, you have to complete a function given and not worry about the main because it is being disabled.

Interview Questions

• Valid Paranthesis, Direction based question   2 Answers

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC in May 2016.

Interview

I had to finish an online coding challenge first, it was from hackerrank. There were two coding questions. One of them is about valid parentheses. You need to finish coding these two questions within an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC (Newton, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

A phone screen with their engineer. He called me up. I had to finish a online coding challenge beforehand. It was quite easy. It was from hackerrank. There were some palindrome problems.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my past projects. Asked me generic comparisons of languages and data structure. Asked me a specific question regarding starvation. He didn't phrase the question very clearly. A lot of open-ended questions.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I saw the posting on Dice via Indeed. I replied to the posting. Got an email back the next day to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. Spoke with the manager, and he asked me a bunch of technical & situational questions. I aced them all. He said he would be speaking to me later to bring me in for an onsite interview. Went in for onsite interview about a week later to meet with the rest of the team. Spent about 2.5 hours there interview with them, and people from other groups in the office. Was offered the position a month later.

Interview Questions

• We have an application that users need to use, but they need admin rights to run it. We don't allow users to have local admin rights, how do we let the users run the application properly without granting local admin rights?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lime Brokerage LLC.

Interview

First there were two phone screens, pretty simple just testing basic algorithms and data structures knowledge, no crazy coding or anything.

When we were ready to move forward, I lived in Boston and didn't have a car at the time so they treated me really well and set me up with a limo pickup to get me to the company office in Waltham.

Went through 6 different interviews onsite, all friendly folks, reasonably challenging questions. Most were whiteboard coding questions, but some were actually more personality / culture fit and systems type questions.

It's a marathon so be prepared, but the questions are reasonable, just talk out loud to explain your thought process.

Interview Questions

• How does Java implement Hash? How does a Hash table work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got an increased sign-on bonus but they wouldn't budge too much on base.