Liquidnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liquidnet Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liquidnet in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I spoke with hiring manager on the phone and they wanted to set up another skype interview, spoke with her again on skype and 2 other employees

Restful Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liquidnet (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Makes a person write a fully tested application to solve a difficult triangle puzzle and a technical phone interview before a face-to-face interview.

During the face to face interview, the art of asking more numerous arcane, forgettable and theoretical questions continued. Various members of the team asked numerous technical questions; many of which are irrelevant to an optimally engineered software application; and if ever needed, could easily be answered on some closed out Stack Overflow thread or gleaned from some college level computer science textbook. I doubt that those people even knew the practical implications of the answers to the questions they ask beyond the scripted pedagogical responses which they have jotted in their respective notepads.

One of the team interviewers was outright hostile and rude for no reason at all. He even proceeded to disrupt the process with bursts of derision that he masked as unexcused sneezes. He also showed during the interview that he:

1. Does not know the difference between the Dependency Injection mechanism and Inversion of Control architecture - making numerous statements that confused Inversion of Control for Dependency Injection.

2. Does not know when to and when not to use Inversion of Control architecture. Thinks that the main advantage of Dependency Injection is for creating an easily testable application - because, according to him, objects have already been magically created by the application and awaiting injection. He had no clue that any class that adheres to the most basic principles of the object oriented design is easily testable simply by the virtue of such basic adherence.

3. Does not understand the idea of immutable classes

4. Does not understand when to use lazy loading vs eager loading,

5. Does not know how to instantiate a singleton JIT in a thread safe manner

6. Does not know why eager loading should be used to instantiate must-use classes such as configurations and application level services.

The hiring manager was disengaged and mentally absent - which I supposed is attributable to either the stresses of managerial responsibilities or his unwillingness to diversify his corp of engineers. He slumped over his chair with his eyes half awake and his arms folded across his chest. He did not even look at my resume which he duly placed in front of him. He told my recruiter that I was not a technical fit.

Another personnel was marching around the office in what appears to be his underwear. The blatant lack of professionalism I encountered in that place was simply spellbinding.

At the end, it is very difficult not to think that they use employment-seeking experienced software developers to solve their bottle-neck technical problems, and then shut them out with a trumped up "lack of technical fit" nonsense.

Interview Questions

• describe when dependency injection take place in the life cycle of an application;
      name the best benefit of dependency injection;
      a few questions on concurrency and generic data structures.
      Answer Question

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liquidnet (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was called in for a 30 minute interview with 4 member of the team. All behavioral questions with a basic understanding of what the business does. The team seemed more interested in making sure you were the right fit than any specific knowledge you had. There were no technical questions asked. heard back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, take me through your resume, what does Liquidnet do?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liquidnet in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed multiple times. They seem either insulated from the rest off the market or ignorant of how far behind they have fallen. Very disappointing considering the office and perks seem great.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't one. Interviewers weren't even sure what I was there for. Senior person hiring was let go weeks later. Waste of time.   Answer Question

Capital Markets Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Liquidnet (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was set up with an interview after a referral and went into the office to meet with three members of the team I would be working with. A few days after these interviews I was contacted by HR to come back in and meet another member of the team I would be working with as well as the head of the team. I was told I would hear back in a few days. Everyone seemed very nice and friendly but it was very difficult to gauge what exactly they were looking for other than whether I was good with Excel and Bloomberg.

After over a month of being strung along with repeated contact yet no actual feedback, an HR representative contacted me and told me the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected. Pretty standard stuff regarding your resume and why you want to work there   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liquidnet (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

One phone interview and two onsite interview with the team. I was waiting quite awhile until they commit to make an offer, more than three weeks or so. I have to give them a deadline to give me an answer before they commit to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about difference between stock and bonds. In a bad economics, should we invest in stock or bond of the same company and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have already have a job and they like you very much, they are willing to go above the cap a little.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liquidnet (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview following by an in person interview the next day. The interviewer was friendly and the experience was a good one all around.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liquidnet (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview with HR
    Interview with Hiring Manager & team members
    Interview with Department Director

it was very pleasing process, direcotr and hiring manager was right to the point. hiring turn around time was very quick and HR was very responsive.

Technology Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liquidnet in January 2011.

Interview

Very rigorous process, a candidate meets with all members of the team in which you're going to work. They pay lots of attention to your personal skills. Between phone and face-to-face, about 7-8 interviews and personality/Intelligence test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. The offer was better than I expected. Consider non-tangible benefits of working at Liquidnet: opportunity to learn form the best, encouragement of continuing education, friendliness of the workplace, balance between work and family

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Liquidnet in February 2008.

Interview

Got a phone call from recruiter and then scheduled an interview. Met with 4 different engineers and tooks a skills/personality test.

Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate base salary