Littelfuse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Littelfuse Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

Marketing Communications Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Littelfuse.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a potential fit for a job at Littelfuse. I'd never heard of them previously. Over the course of roughly six weeks I had three phone interviews, filled out a questionnaire, took an online skills assessment and filled out a formal application. And then I was told they were no longer moving forward with my candidacy.

Ultimately I didn't spend that much time on it and never had a face to face interview, but the whole thing was rather odd.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Littelfuse.

Interview

Very good interview process. Life experience and example based questions which really help determine what kind of person you are and how you handle things overall. All the people I interviewed with were very kind and welcoming and it seemed like they were invested in finding the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where things didn't go as well as you expected. Explain the situation, how it played out and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to decide between planning something out or jumping in to take action. Why did you go that route and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I initially submitted my resume through LinkedIn. Weeks later, a recruiter contacted me with a more detailed job description and salary range. The salary range was quite low for the desired skill set they were posting, but when I asked for clarification the recruiter assured me that they could go up to my level for the right candidate.

The recruiter had me fill out a questionnaire on some of my specific experiences and skill sets, then I had a brief phone interview with her where we talked more about my background. After that, I had a one hour phone interview with the hiring manager. I felt like I really hit it off with him and had strong answers for how my experience applied to this role.

I was then brought in for 3 hours of on-site interviews with an HR manager, the hiring manager, and a person who would be a peer for this position on the team. The interviewers all worked from a standard script of behavior based questions ("tell me about a time when..."). These were pretty straight forward and easy.

The final stage of the process was an online personality and IQ test, and submitting 5 references through an online system. All 5 of my references received email surveys asking them to rate me on approximately 30 skill categories.

A week went by and out of the blue I received an email from the initial recruiter telling me they weren't moving forward with me. I was caught off guard because I have 100% confidence in my references and thought that was mostly a formality. I politely requested feedback on the decision, but didn't get much detail. Reading between the lines, I think they really liked me but when it came time to put together the offer they realized they didn't actually have the budget to make me a reasonable offer.

I really liked the people I interviewed with, but was extremely frustrated with the process. I feel like the recruitment was handled in an amateur manner with poor communication on salary range and experience level. I felt like I spent a lot of time and jumped through a lot of hoops, only to have the company change direction at the last minute. I'm particularly frustrated that they reached out to 5 of my references with a detailed survey if they weren't serious about moving forward with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict on your team.   Answer Question

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

One of the most in depths interviews I've ever had. A an assessment and reference check is a must, so be ready for that. The second part of the interview was an in person which consisted of meeting with 4 different individuals. The interviews were very good as they look for you to be you and not the typical interviewer / interviewee type of situation which makes for a more relaxed experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Littelfuse in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people. Everyone was very nice and did their best to make me feel at ease.Interview was 3.5 hours. Interview started on time and each interviewer kept to tight schedule.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral interview questions. General questions about my current work environment.
      Several scenario questions. IE: Describe a time when you failed at something. What did you learn from the failure.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview Process was a good experience. I met with three people for one hour each. They were all conscious of the time and made sure I had time at the end to ask questions. I reviewed my previous work experience with each interviewer and they asked questions to get a better feel for the fit in the organization. Overall a very positive experience.

IT Operations/Support Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

LONG! Too long in my opinion! 4+ hours 3 different people. This does not include the almost 3 hours worth of "testing" just to make it to an actual interview

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the position? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with different areas and levels of the organization followed by an in-person interview at the Company's headquarters. Phone interviews involved people from other regions (Asia) and covered both the technical and personal aspects of my work experience

Interview Questions

• Experience about managing people from different cultural backgrounds   Answer Question

Senior HRIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great interview process, was told they wanted to move forward went through the process of completing the online assessment and rallied around over 10 references, to be told I was over qualified - This was a complete waste of time as I had already pulled my resume from the process weeks prior and to be pursued by the recruiter to continue with the process as they were looking to change to role to a director. This company does not communicate with each other. When I arrived for my face to face they didn't know I was coming or forgot because they had a board meeting - Just very disorganized and unprofessional. Thank you for wasting all my references time. Very disappointed.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by H.R. to set up phone call with Hiring Manager about five weeks after submitting application and resume. Spoke with Hiring Manager the same day for approximately 30 mins. and she requested work samples. I e-mailed work samples and the following week was asked for my availability for an on site interview. On site interview was one hour each with hiring manager, co-worker/team member and h.r. rep. After on site interview I was asked to submit five references and take a personality assessment and an intelligence assessment. Didn't hear back from h.r. for two more weeks, then was asked to come back for second on site interview. Second onsite interview was one hour each with hiring manager, manager of another department, department head. I was scheduled for a fourth hour but the other person was out of the office that day and I was told that I may be doing a phone interview with him. The following week I received a generic e-mail thanking me for submitting my resume but that they were "pursuing other candidates".

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why do you want this job? How do you make decisions? Why do you want this job when you had another job? What was your last review like? What would your boss say about your work performance? What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question