Littler Mendelson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Littler Mendelson

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I received an invite to a panel interview a month after applying online. I met with several shareholders individually, then a group of associates together. I thought it went well. It took about a month to hear back, but they had said it would take a while so I was not surprised. They asked me for another writing sample which I submitted right away. A month or so after that, I got a rejection email. I responded by politely asking for constructive feedback but my request was met with silence. It's too bad because I really wanted to work here and would have liked to get some feedback that would allow me to apply at a later date.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. They mostly asked about my experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I met one on one with five different attorneys. One attorney was an associate, the rest were partner-level. They asked a lot of questions geared specifically toward employment law, as you would expect. Be prepared for good responses as to why you have limited experience in employment law if that is the boat you're in. They are really only interested in people who already have some experience in employment law.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in employment law/why do you want to practice employment law?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I attended in person, call-back interview at the San Francisco office. The interview process consisted of speaking to a partner to start, then speaking to two associates, and finally ending with the hiring partner. Everyone was friendly and willing to give realistic sense of what it was like working there. The hiring partner in particular was very friendly and willing to candidly answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Standard 3L questions. The firm seemed focused more on fit and culture rather than hard skills.   1 Answer

Web Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Obviously, time is of no importance to this company and all I can say is this has been the absolute worst experience I have ever had while job hunting.

I still have yet to this date to receive a rejection letter from the staffing company or with Littler. Their lack of professionalism and responsiveness was completely different from my two in-person interviews with them. The recruiting company that I was working with could've been better at returning my calls, but all communications had to go through them since they are their "preferred staffing agency." Both interviews were scheduled with a phone call at 4pm the day before, which left me very little time to prepare. First interview takes place, I get the thumbs up from the recruiter. 1 month passes, I am told the director of marketing is on vacation for 3 weeks so I go to the 2nd interview to meet her. The interview process asked basic "strengths" questions about customer service and dealing with attorneys.

Another month passes, and the recruiter keeps telling me that I'm still in consideration by Littler. Start date is supposed to be Monday this week, the same day I find the same job posting on Craigslist.org for exactly the same position. The staffing company doesn't even know that Littler was doing the hiring themselves! I'm not sure why Littler would go around a recruiter but had I known this is how they do things I would've went around the staffing company a long time ago but this would be considered unethical and downright unprofessional. An email, phone call, text, a Skype, or whatever would've been courteous of them to let me know "Thanks, but No Thanks."

Finally, after sending an email to the recruiter and the company explaining my position and fed up with them giving me the run around. They then have the audacity to reply back saying "we never gave you an official start date, we are a large organization with changing priorities." Apparently, I was never a priority in their eyes from the get-go.

If your a candidate looking for a job at Littler you may have more luck applying directly with them now that you don't have to go through a recruiter. But don't forget you are applying for a Law Firm that specializes in Labor Law, so they know what they can get away with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a irate customer experience, and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Quick and painless; they couldn't hire people fast enough. I recommended by a colleague and was made an offer the day after my interviews. I made the mistake observing their desparation as eagerness to hire ME.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Littler?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotation. I indicated what I was looking for and that was the offer they made.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First I met with the lady who would become my immediate supervisor. Then I met with a lady in human resources. Then I met with the CFO in his office. This process took about two days of interviews. There were no testing involved.

Interview Questions

• What my day to day responsibilities were. What I liked and disliked about my job. She also asked why i left my previous place of employment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations took place

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson in April 2015.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews with 2 attorneys each. then a one on one interview with the managing partner. They ask for a writing sample and transcripts, etc., and expect you to have questions during the process. Everyone was nice and asked the usual questions.

Director of Technical Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with retained search head hunter. This was followed by a call with the CIO, followed by a broader interview with some senior executives.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have problems? Interviewer was focusing on a strong belief that they had the wrong staff in place and was not open to the fact that maybe their process and management were part of the problem.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Incredibly simple. Met the hiring manager, then the team. Questions were basic and really just wanted to see culture fit. Got the interview through a recruiter (which is common for this company) and only had 2 rounds of interviews: hiring manager 1:1, then group interview with the team. Nothing extraordinary really.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Littler Mendelson (Irvine, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I sent in my resume. The OA called me to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview, he asked me the basic questions. Then gave me a tour and told me he would have to run everything by corporate but they wanted to hire me. Then called me a week later and told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a law firm?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, starting pay was $15/hr, which was super decent at the time for an office clerk.