LiveRamp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with an HR phone screen. Then was scheduled to talk to an engineer. This conversation was 50-50 technical and behavioral. Had a follow-up with HR and then with the VP of the group. Scheduled an on-site. The on-site consisted of casual lunch with a few engineers followed by 2 sets of 2-on-1 interviews and closed out the day with another 2 sets of 1-on-1 interviews. I left feeling a bit exhausted but overall excited about the people I'd met. After another call and a scheduled time to talk to the hiring manager, I was extended a verbal offer and a written offer which followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• It started off as a simple "given this log file, find unique visitors", but then quickly started ballooning in scope as restrictions were given on the amount of memory available relative to the dataset and cumulative results.   Answer Question

Tech Entrance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Pleasant Interviewing process applied through a referral they got back to me within 24 hours. Video Interview, comprised of mostly behavioral questions. "Tell me about yourself" etc. Followed by a phone interview which had a few brain teasers. Overall good experience

Interview Questions

• What is technology that you think has the potential to change the world?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Generalist New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online for their Generalist New Grad role around the middle of November. Received a coding challenge the next day with a time limit of 3 days to complete it. After completing the coding challenge, I didn't hear back for about 2 weeks. I shot a follow-up/cold email to a recruiter with information I found off LinkedIn. Never heard a response from her personally but got an invite to a 30-minute phone screen the next day with an engineer. The 30-minute phone screen was a technical question and went well. Follow-up for the 30-minute phone screen was very quick and got an invite to a 1-hour phone screen about an hour after the 30-minute screen ended. The 1-hour phone screen was a mix of background/behavioral questions and another technical question. I felt I answered the technical question reasonably well but unfortunately was not a match. I received a rejection email 2 days after my 1-hour phone screen. Oh well, they seem to be doing interesting stuff. Overall, the process was incredibly fast (except the 2 weeks period between the coding challenge and the first phone screen).

Coding Challenge:
    3 questions:
    First question - LeetCode Easy. Simple coding question that took about 15 minutes with half of that just reading the question itself. The question format is they give you a story and you have to extrapolate the problem from that.

Second question - LeetCode Easy/Medium. The second question was a dynamic programming problem to come up with an algorithm. On the coding test, they say that an optimal solution runs in O(n). I was only able to come up with worst-case O(n^2). However, I optimized throughout the code and explained my thought process in the comments. I'm not sure there is an O(n) solution.

Third question - Explain your answer to question 2 in English and in terms that someone could easily understand. The second part of the question was to explain why you want to work at LiveRamp.

Total Time: 2 hours

30-Minute Phone Screen:
    The person I was scheduled to talk to couldn't make it, so I talked to someone else. They were very nice and made me feel relaxed and made the interview feel conversational. Great experience overall. We dived right into a technical question after brief intros. Was a graph problem. After coming up with an algorithm, we dived into run-time complexities, space complexities, and optimizations. For this, just know your basic graph traversal algorithms and you should be fine! At the end, he asked me if I had any questions for him and he went into great detail in trying to answer them as best as he could.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1-Hour Phone Screen:
    The person I talked to was similarly fairly nice. However, he was not as charismatic as the first interviewer and sometimes I was left wanting for more, such as when I was confirming parts of the question he asked. We started with about 30 minutes of behavioral questions and background questions. He asked why I wanted to work at LiveRamp over other SF companies and also about my previous internship and the work I did there. At one point, I felt like he was grilling me to an extent that wasn't necessarily normal and kept trying to get me to answer questions about my project that I wasn't necessarily relevant towards and didn't know the answers to. This was followed by 30-minutes of a technical question. Instead of an algorithmic question, this time was focused more on how I would build a potential graph in order to optimize for queries. We discussed trade-offs and run times.

Total Time: 1 Hour

Overall, it was a positive experience and I definitely learned a lot. They were extremely fast once human interaction came into play (e.g. post-coding challenge). Thanks for not keeping candidates hanging. Will definitely consider re-applying in the future as they seem to be doing some very cool stuff!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp (Troy, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

First online coding process and I didn't get to invite for the next interview. It took me the entire 2hours which was given and I was not able to provide enough test cases or something. I thought it was not a good idea to raise an error on codility platform.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Took a few weeks. Thought I totally nailed the interviews but didn't get the job which was unfortunate but the team was great and very accommodating to me. Gained a lot from the interview process

Product Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

If you look around the "Product Implementation Manager" roles, there are a few examples. It started with a recruiter screen on the phone, tech screen (with a case study) on the phone, and then an on-site in SF. They flew me out and paid for a hotel/food for the evening, and the interview process ran like clockwork for 3 hours. After the on site, i had a follow up phone call about my interview experience, and they told me i'd be chatting with someone senior for a cultural fit check. That went well, and I was told I'd be receiving and offer via email. A few more logistical emails and the written offer followed.

One item to note - there is a background check and drug screen following the offer. Not an issue for me, but may be an issue for California natives where some of the drugs are fully legal.

Interview Questions

• What's something you learned recently? Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quick, but an uneven experience, with last-minute line-up changes, lack of clarity on interview times and topics. Little feedback was provided about why I wasn't a fit for the role -- but at least it was a quick process.

Interview Questions

• How would you position our product (without details on what the product does)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LiveRamp (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an online coding test through Codility after applying online. Completed the 3 questions in the 2 hours of allotted time. I got all my test cases to pass but still got a generic rejection letter. After reading other reviews, I'm thinking you may need to write your own test cases along with the few they provide.

Interview Questions

• 2 medium level algorithm problems, 1 question asking to pseudocode the previous question and why you want to work at the company   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Applied online, received 2 leetcode medium-hard HackerRank question but only 75 minutes. I only passed half of the test cases, so naturally I didn't get invited to the next round. The pre-screening seemed to be pretty hard compared to other companies.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interviewing process involved a remote interview given via webcam. Applicants are asked to define crucial things in their background to further explicate how they've developed skills relevant to the company's position. Then, is followed up by a phone interview for technical jargon.

Interview Questions

• What is one project or process you've implemented recently to improve an existing structure. What was the outcome   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was torn to write this review. The whole interview process took months of phone calls with many recruiters and team members. This eventually developed to an onsite which consisted of 4 1:1 interviews plus a panel presentation.

I would agree with the other reviews, they bring in people just for the sake of interviewing. I don't believe they ever had intentions of hiring me, but yet still had me put in a lot of time and effort to prep for the onsite.

I was sent a generic email a few days later that I was not selected to move forward. There was no explanation and it was impersonal and cold.

Everyone was very nice otherwise and I would have loved to have a different outcome but glad to visit the office.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't a client want to use LiveRamp   1 Answer