LiveRamp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with an HR phone screen. Then was scheduled to talk to an engineer. This conversation was 50-50 technical and behavioral. Had a follow-up with HR and then with the VP of the group. Scheduled an on-site. The on-site consisted of casual lunch with a few engineers followed by 2 sets of 2-on-1 interviews and closed out the day with another 2 sets of 1-on-1 interviews. I left feeling a bit exhausted but overall excited about the people I'd met. After another call and a scheduled time to talk to the hiring manager, I was extended a verbal offer and a written offer which followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• It started off as a simple "given this log file, find unique visitors", but then quickly started ballooning in scope as restrictions were given on the amount of memory available relative to the dataset and cumulative results.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Applied online and got a mail to solve an online test within 3 days.
    The questions were the same as everyone else have discussed here.
    completed an online coding exam--very basic, nothing unexpected. recieved a call from one of the engineering team leaders and was asked to expand on my answer to one of the online questions. received an e-mail the next day saying they were going to pursue other candiddates

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp in July 2014.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter who connected me with the company. I wasn't asked to finish the coding challenge because I have one year of industry experience.

There were two rounds of phone interviews. The first one was with an engineer. I was told the interview would last for an hour and was expecting the same questions listed in the other posts here. But I was completely wrong. First of all, he was 10 mins late. He only asked a few probability questions and some brain teasers. And after 25 mins, he called it over. I was shocked that a software company would ever do interviews like this. Considering the time they spent on me and the joking questions asked, I was quite surprised that they would like to proceed with a second interview with the VP of Engineering. Again, similar experience in the second interview but for the record, I think the VP is a nice and easy going guy. I was invited to onsite interviews one day after the second phone interview.

Then came the bad impression.

There were 4 rounds of interviews(2 engineers for 3 rounds plus 1 round of VP of Engineering). After that I was asked to do a quick presentation. I met 6 engineers in total and 5 of them were in the company when Liveramp was still part of Rapleaf.

The first two guys were nice. I solved the problems fast and had good communications with them. Then came the second round. One of the engineers joined a couple of years ago and I figured he was able to communicate. The other guy looked fine at the beginning. However, after I nailed the coding question with less than 15 lines of code, he could not be convinced until the end of round. I was pretty sure about the solution since I've written the same code for at least ten times and the solution passed all online judge systems across the web. All the guy did was lying in his chair making weird sound with the candy in his mouth and saying 'I don't think it's right.' From then on, I started to regret coming in for onsite interviews.

The third round was with the VP of Engineering. He was a nice dude, I have to say. The programming question was easy and he was more interested in the memory issue of the problem.

The fourth round was with two more engineers after lunch. Please excuse the expression but I can't find a better word other than 'terrible' to describe them. First of all, they looked tired, and cold. They seemed not willing to talk at all. I was talking and smiling all the time, and these guys were just sitting there staring straight at me with no emotions and intentions to talk. Given the fact that I pretty much figured that I don't wanna work with 3 out of the 6 engineers over there, I intended to screw the rest of the interview.

Overall, the company might looks fine. And I hoped most of the guys working there are nice dude, really collaborative. However, according to my experience, I really doubt it. Yes, you are some ok company which was acquired for 300M bucks by some old company. But that does not mean anything to me. If you wanna name yourselves tall just because of the acquisition, I don't really know what to say anymore. According to my interview experience, the 3 not-so-good guys were definitely not that good technical-wise. They gotta learn to get better understanding of their own questions and show at least minimum respect to interviewees.

I definitely do not recommend this company for experienced guys who are looking for a move. New grads are fine maybe, as long as being looked down upon by some no-so-good senior guys can be tolerated.

Interview Questions

• I signed the NDA and won't be able to list the questions explicitly. Rest assured. They are relatively easy.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

applied online, was sent an online coding challenge to complete. Was sort of unusual, but I didn't mind the questions. A few multiple choice on complexity and then a free response. They also asked Why LiveRamp?

After that, I had a phone interview with an engineer for only 30 minutes or so. The man I talked to was honestly a bit boring and uninterested, not someone I'd think one would want to collaborate with in the office. I thought I did very well, but I didn't advance past that. Based on what I've collected from other reviews, it seems as though LiveRamp is trying to create the illusion of selectivity within their company. I'm not sure as to why a computer science student coming out of college would want to work for a company like this, so I find their selectivity odd.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Sent an email to a recruiter and got the online interview right away.Online interview was easy, asked a lot about running time questions and one written question. But got a rejection email a day or two after. I think it was all mechanical.

Interview Questions

• The online interview was pretty easy. Asked about running time questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I passed the online test, but get rejected in phone interview. the interviewer is an indian so I cannot understand most of his sentence. My roommate failed in its online test. Liveramp take the question: why liveramp seriously.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Give me an online test and then rejected. Some choices, and then the 6-degree. And the why you choose LiveRamp. I didn't meet the problem about database. And for internship specially, some questions about the available time and some personal questions. Just go through this website, you are fully prepared for the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp in October 2014.

Interview

I applied liveramp online and get their 1-hour online test. After the test, I got a an invitation of phone interview. It is scedulled on sometime after three weeks of initial online test.

The interviewer is not a native-speaker of English. Also no visible text was shown during the whole interview process. So I find the most tough part is to understand the question from the interviewer.

Only one question is worthy thinking about. What's the difference between your BFS-like solution(for Kevin Bacon's 6 degrees) and normal BFS solution. I don't understand this question at all.

Interview Questions

• All questions were follow-ups of online test.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The online interview was basic. It had questions on running times of various algorithms and the kevin bacon problem. The run time of the solution to the kevin bacon problem as well as the reasons why other algorithms were not used.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LiveRamp in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on line. Then after 2 days, I was asked to do an online assessment. A day after finishing the assessment, I was asked to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview, I was declined.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview process, interviewer continue asking me about the 6 degree question given in online assessment. He asked me time complexity of different methods and some implementation details if using BFS to solve this question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and did a online test. questions can be found on glassdoor. Got a reject email on SUNDAY 8PM?!!! One thing to mention is when I fitter interview review on glassdoor, I found there was no software engineer got their offer, but only two PM got offer, out of 174 interview reviews so far.