LiveRamp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with an HR phone screen. Then was scheduled to talk to an engineer. This conversation was 50-50 technical and behavioral. Had a follow-up with HR and then with the VP of the group. Scheduled an on-site. The on-site consisted of casual lunch with a few engineers followed by 2 sets of 2-on-1 interviews and closed out the day with another 2 sets of 1-on-1 interviews. I left feeling a bit exhausted but overall excited about the people I'd met. After another call and a scheduled time to talk to the hiring manager, I was extended a verbal offer and a written offer which followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• It started off as a simple "given this log file, find unique visitors", but then quickly started ballooning in scope as restrictions were given on the amount of memory available relative to the dataset and cumulative results.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

They reached out in an instance after I submitted my resume online. I got a chance to talk to a recruiter, but it seemed they didn't review my resume. The recruiter said I was not experienced enough, which they could easily tell from the resume.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process for me went as follows:
    Phone Interview 1 - LiveRamp Manager(s)
    Phone Interview 2 - LiveRamp Manager
    Phone Interview 3 - Technical Security Interview with Acxiom Security Engineer
    In-Person Interview 1 - Technical Interview with two engineers
    In-Person Interview 2 - Interview with LiveRamp managers
    In-Person Interview 3 - Interview with Acxiom Manager
    In-Person Interview 4 - Technical/Behavior interview with two LiveRamp engineers

I enjoyed the interview process with LiveRamp and Axciom. Being a long distance applicant, LiveRamp flew me out to San Fran and booked a room in a nice hotel right around the block from the office. I stumbled on some of the technical questions at the in-person interview, which ultimately led to my rejection. I knew the answers to the questions but just couldn't think of them fast enough at the interview. The initial Axciom technical interview is definitely harder than the in-person technical interview. The feedback I received was that because of those bad answers at the in-peson technical interview I didn’t receive the offer.
    Overall I had a positive experience interviewing with LiveRamp. I would have liked to work for them.

Interview Questions

LiveRamp Response

Aug 4, 2017 – Talent Operations Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback on the process at LiveRamp as we strive to continuously improve. We're glad you had a positive experience and we encourage you to apply again in the future.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp in July 2017.

Interview

Initially there was an online assessment and after completing that successfully I received a mail after 1 week to schedule for a phone interview which is about 30 min and technical.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your projects? Difficulties faced while doing that projects?
      How do you design a wikipedia game??   Answer Question

Aug 30, 2017 – Talent Operations Manager

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We're sorry to hear that your interview experience was less than ideal. We are striving to improve our process and we hope you'll consider us again in... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

The technical screen was an online form with various technical questions that they had prepared. There was some pseudocode and they asked for some technical explanations of how you'd tackle various challenges.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you debug when your website is loading slowly?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and sent me a 2 hour coding test. It has 3 questions - 2 coding (quite easy) and 1 where they ask you why you want to work for LiveRamp. I completed the test in 45 minutes and also wrote a detailed response expressing interest! The next day I received a rejection. My advice to anyone interviewing with them: go ahead and take the test but don't expect that your time is valued.

Interview Questions

• Simple dynamic programming questions. Given an array, find the number of sequences [0:i] such that they have the first i natural numbers.   1 Answer

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Despite their responsiveness initially, after going through the interview process with LiveRamp, I feel compelled to write a review. From the sloppy recruiting process (twice had mistakes on the recruiters part of setting up meetings and then telling the interviewer and myself different times), to the general vibe of the company, I feel negatively about the overall experience and would not recommend a friend to apply here. After receiving a form letter rejection, I asked candidly for any sort of feedback that would be constructive and never heard back. Their process is quite extensive, which I appreciate as a way to rule out any candidates they aren't a great culture fit - but it seems there would be a more solidified way to do that then a 6 or 7 step process (an initial call, 2 assignments and 2 in person interviews including a presentation). Even after spending a good chunk of time on one of the writing assignments, the very next round of interviews, they asked me to again submit the very same writing assignment. I let them know I had already done so, and they apologized - clearly, they are not even reading the assignments they ask for. They clearly do not value people's time and I can only imagine how that translates as an employee.

Aug 16, 2017 – Talent Operations Manager

We're sorry to hear that your interview experience was less than ideal. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your story as we strive to continually improve our candidate experience - from... More

Partner Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp in May 2017.

Interview

After hearing great things about Liveramp, I was extremely disappointed with how the interview process was conducted and carried out. The initial interview itself wasn't that terrible, although it was very unusual. Right off the bat, the HR rep went on a 5-7 minute explanation about what Liveramp does. Her lack of enthusiasm made it was very obvious she was reading something scripted. She was going through it so quickly I became even more confused about what the company actually does. She then asked me to go through my resume (it was very clear she didn't look at it prior to our call) and didn't ask me any questions about my work experience. This probably lasted 3 minutes. She then asked me generic, prying questions. The interview concluded with her reading a scripted overview of what next steps were. I could tell we weren't vibing well, so I had a feeling I wouldn't be getting a follow-up interview. To my surprise, another HR rep reached out to me the following Monday (my call was on Friday) and told me I would be moving on to the next round. She scheduled the call and gave me a "thought exercise" to talk about during the interview. Less than 24 hours later, the HR rep I had my initial call with reached out and told me they had already filled the role and they would not be moving me on to the next round. When I expressed my confusion, as another HR rep had JUST scheduled me for another call, she gave no in-depth explanation or apology, just "since the role has been filled, there will be no second call". Shame on your HR team for causing so much confusion. It is very difficult and time-consuming to set aside time to interview while working at another company, so if you're on the verge of hiring someone for a position, you shouldn't be wasting the time of other candidates. I'm very disappointed the process went this way. Even if I wasn't a good fit, I expected better communication and transparency, because there was a clear lack of it.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you, where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

May 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is helpful and received. We take candidate experience very seriously here at LiveRamp and are always looking for ways to improve... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp in May 2017.

Interview

Passed the online test and given a phone interview. The interview system was nice and the HRs are very quick in terms of responding to emails. The company are probably looking for people good at graph algorithms since they are in the big data business.

Interview Questions

• The Wikipedia game - discuss how to reach a certain website on wikipedia.   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2017 – Talent Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you had a positive interview experience and we strive to continuously improve with candidate feedback.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews with a mix of questions about security, my background and other behavioral questions. All of them were pleasant and the interviewers were friendly. The questions made sense. Unfortunately, they are either not looking for anyone or don't know what they are seeking. I thought I did well in all of them and thought I'd be a great fit but unfortunately got a generic reject. The HR was unwilling to disclose the reasons or give feedback either. So you're in the dark. Seems like a great company, but I think they are looking for a certain type of 'fit' or Ivy League education possibly. The other reviews are right. Its almost like they interview for the sake of it and not with the intention of necessarily hiring. Kind of a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your interests, background, some high-level security-related stuff.   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for providing feedback regarding our interview process. At LiveRamp we strive to provide a positive candidate experience and I apologize you didn't receive this. I'd be happy to provide a... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp in April 2017.

Interview

There was a three question code challenge. First one was very easy. Second one was medium-hard. Third one asked to describe the solution of the second one and then write about what excites you about LiveRamp.