LiveRamp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LiveRamp

1. Featured Interview

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then phone chat with head of program, then onsite with 5 different individuals from the legal side of things focusing on skills (2 scenarios where you issue-spot and describe your iteration process). Final phone chat (after the onsite) is with the General Counsel and a very pleasant convo.

All in all, this was such a pleasant experience. The recruiters are amazingly helpful and supportive; I felt like I could ask mine anything! The employees that I met seemed genuinely happy to be there. No red flags went off whatsoever during the process.

Interview Questions

• N/A - just general questions about your experience; then issue spotting scenarios (highly dependent on the role you're interviewing for).   1 Answer

Feb 3, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Welcome to the team! Glad your experience throughout the interview process was pleasant. Wishing you a great career here at LiveRamp!

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Applied online and received a request for an interview shortly after. I scheduled one using the automated tool. Three days later that scheduled interview was cancelled, with an email saying the position had been filled and they were no longer interviewing.

I would have preferred to receive an automated rejection from the onset if they were that far into the process with another candidate.

Interview Questions

LiveRamp Response

Jul 24, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive for excellence in our interviewing practices and in some cases, such as this, there are differing opinions on how to best handle the situation. Your feedback will certainly be taken into consideration.
    We wish you the best on your career search.

Senior Software Engineer, Devops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

The process was positive overall and pretty fast. Just 1 week. Received an inMail from a recruiter on Linkedln followed by an online test. Online test was one coding (don't remember exactly, but used Hash map - pretty straightforward if you actively code) and then a Terraform question.
    After clearing a call with Hiring Manager. Seems like a lot of people left the company in last year and they are looking to backfill some of those positions. This DevOps team in particular is looking for an engineer who has coding experience/mindset but will be mostly handling the infrastructure (to me seemed they didn't really know what qualities they were looking for as they kept saying they need a software engineer BUT with site reliability engineer work experience background).

After the hiring manager, there was a virtual onsite:
    1) System design
    2) Coding interview with 2 Software engineers (Interesting coding exercise, was able to come up with algorithm, but couldn't implement given the time)
    3) One-on-one project deep dive on Resume
    4) Hiring manager.

All interviews has 2 interviewers.

For the company, I had read the negative reviews previously on glassdoor and based on my conversation, seemed the company was taking a lot of positive strides to change some of the old culture. So, applicants applying for this role - do give it a shot and don't go over the glassdoor reviews.

Overall, I did like the team, the hiring manager and seemed like a good position so was expecting an offer. Based on our conversations, I felt they liked me too. So pretty bummed and disappointed that I didn't the offer. Upon asking for feedback, didn't get any (recommendation to company: Do give candid honest feedback for future applicants as it helps them tremendously) so that's a negative part.

Setting the interview level difficult because - if you are an applicant who has spent most time in System engineering or Site reliability, you would find the coding exercises a little bit difficult as based on algo (but maybe that's just me)

But, would say - overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• System design - How would you go about designing a backend infrastructure of an app and built a scalable architecture upon it.   Answer Question
    • Coding - Design a game.   Answer Question

Team Lead, Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp in June 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, then another with hiring manager about a week later. Hiring manager immediately came across as abrupt and unprofessional, stating in the first 30 seconds "Lets jump right into it". I received no background regarding the role, duties or responsibilities. Interviewer advised that LiveRamp senior management frequently inquired "Did we get a good deal?" then asked me to provide very specific info. as to price discounts for a certain service. I politely advised that such discounts could vary widely depending on a number of criteria, and I could not reasonably answer this question given the limited (and vague) verbal info. he had provided me. I then proceeded to list a number of the variables that I would need to know. Hiring manager continued to press me onthis, and I again politely declined to do so. ANSWERING THIS QUESTION AS POSED WOULD NECESSITATE MY PROVIDING CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OF MY CURRENT EMPLOYER (and possibly past employers). I was very uncomfortable as to this line of questioning and considered such behavior as clearly inappropriate. Further questions posed were similarly vague, confusing and otherwise appeared to make little sense. The LiveRamp "Open Positions" section contained postings for 6 Sourcing Team Leads, each in a different US city. Hiring Manager advised that he only planned on hiring one person! I then asked the hiring manager several questions. His responses were obvious exagerations, as he claimed performence levels considerably above industry norms. I could not wait to get off the phone! The general impression I gained from the experience was that LiveRamp is extremely disorganized, unprofessional and looking to create a position that is simply not realistic. Very negative candidate experience!!!!

Interview Questions

LiveRamp Response

Jun 19, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is valuable to ensuring we provide a stellar candidate experience and based on your experience, we have some areas of improvement. As we update our interviewer training series, this will certainly be a highlighted topic.
    At LiveRamp, we believe that feedback is fuel. We appreciate the time you've taken to provide this feedback as it will make us better.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

I had a strange experience with the interview process, to say the least. I applied online and a few week after received a rejection email and thought it was over. Then, I received another email weeks later wanting to move me forward in the interview process, which was really confusing and made me think there was some disorganization or error. I decided to stick with it to practice my interview skills.

They emailed me an Excel spreadsheet and had me fill in the different worksheets. The recruiter seemed very enthusiastic and helpful for questions, and I was moved forward once again. However, once I spoke with the hiring manager, they did not seem enthusiastic or engaging at all. It was almost clear from the start of this interview I wasn't really in the running anymore and seemed that the hiring manager was performing the interview because they were obligated to. This was one of the most disorganized interview processes I have experienced, which sucks as I've read great things about this company.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you are looking to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

May 13, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry to hear there were misunderstandings along the way and I certainly appreciate the feedback around a disengaged interviewer. This is feedback that we can coach around to ensure an experience that respects our candidates and their time.
    While this opportunity may not have worked out for you, we hope that you will consider LiveRamp in the future.
    All the best in your internship search!

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

Applied online and within a week received an email for a phone screen. Spoke with the recruiting coordinator for 30 minutes to answer basic questions and discuss salary expectations.

Interview Questions

LiveRamp Response

Apr 9, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your brief experience. While the Customer Success Manager role may not be the right position for you at this time, we hope you will continue to consider LiveRamp for other opportunities.
    We wish you the best of luck in your career search!

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone screening with an HR recruiter. The screening was very straight forward. We talked about my experience and the recruiter provided me with more information on the company and the position.

A few days later, I received an email saying that they would like to move me forward and schedule another 30 min interview with me and a member from the implementation team. During this interview, we discuss my past projects and experience in a bit more detail and there was also a brain teaser question thrown in at the end.

About a day or so after that interview, they reached out to me to move me forward in the process and wanted to schedule a final interview. They let me know that this would be a 3 hour interview, which would include several 1 on 1 interviews with various members from the team, as well as, I was asked to deliver a 30 min presentation to a small group of peers. The suggested interview times were very limited (which may have been due to COVID-19), but I was able to schedule and confirm my interview exactly 1 week from the day that HR reached out. I spent most of the week preparing/rehearsing my presentation, putting together a slide show, and researching the company.

Unfortunately, I never got the opportunity to deliver the presentation and showcase my skills. Two business days prior to my interview the HR recruiter reached out to me letting me know that the position had been filled and they would not be conducting any further interviews.

I am so confused and extremely frustrated as it does not make sense to me why this company would confirm an interview with me, provide me with an itinerary and a prompt, and ask me to prepare a presentation, and then proceed to cancel my interview with very little notice. Based on other reviews, I see that I am not the only person that had this experience. One of the values of LiveRamp is "we respect people and respect time." Based on my experience, it is clear to me that this company has no integrity in fulfilling that value.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at LiveRamp? Why did you apply to this role?   Answer Question

Apr 22, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your detailed experience with us. We are thankful to say that COVID-19 has had little impact to our interviewing efforts. However - calendars (standing meetings, scheduled vacation, etc) are tricky to deal with which may have lead to a delay in getting your interview scheduled. While I understand your frustration about the cancellation of your onsite interview, it truly was done so out of respect for your time. We would never ask a candidate to spend hours interviewing for a position that has been filled.
    While this experience may not have met your expectations, we do hope you will consider LiveRamp in the future as this is truly a great place to work.
    Take care of yourself in these uncertain times.

Consumer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (Little Rock, AR) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a fantastic screening interview with a Recruiter in San Francisco. I asked her if there were any objections to me moving to the next stage I could address. Her response was "unequivocally no," and that I more than impressed. She said they would email me to schedule my next phone interview.

A few days later, I received the email to schedule my phone interview. Presumably because of the COVID-19 outbreak, the suggested interview times were 2 weeks away, so I scheduled my interview for the first available suggested time slot.

I spent those 2 weeks preparing for my interview. I attended LiveRamp webinars, watched panel discussions, and studied the company deeply. I was truly excited to interview and felt my skills and experience, along with my core value alignment, made me an excellent candidate.

Unfortunately, exactly one minute before my scheduled interview, I received an email stating the position had been filled and they would not be conducting any further interviews.

Needless to say, I'm devastated. I wanted this position very much and wish I had the opportunity to continue the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work for LiveRamp in this role...   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Covid-19 has certainly impacted our recruiting process and we are working to ensure it does not impact the experience of candidates like yourself. We should have done a better job of notifying you that the position was filled and I will take that feedback to the team.
    We wish you the best of luck in your career search and hope that you will continue to consider LiveRamp.
    Take good care of yourself during this unprecedented time.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp in March 2020.

Interview

The 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager consisted of typical questions about myself and my experience. There was a question about my thought process in working with a pharmaceutical company.

Interview Questions

LiveRamp Response

Mar 26, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. While this may not have been the right role at the moment, we hope you will continue to consider LiveRamp in the future.
    All the best in your career search!

Staff TPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LiveRamp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The process started with a recruiter call from linkedin inquiring about the role and fit. They passed on my information to LiveRamp and an internal recruiter call was scheduled. After that conversation a video call was scheduled with the Manager of the team which resulted in a final 4 hour remote video call with a panel of interviewers. It would have usually been done at the SF office but due to the pandemic it was all remote. Recruiter responded very quickly with an offer and I accepted. It was a great process and I was always in the loop with clear expectations and timelines. They were very accommodating given the pandemic and even rescheduled the session when I had an urgent conflict arise. Everything was done professionally and with integrity.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict resolution. How do you drive teams for results. How do you measure the impact? How do you deal with ambiguity? What is your style of work? Why do you want to work with LiveRamp?   Answer Question

Jul 12, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Welcome to the team! Glad that your interview process was seamless given the pandemic. We are determined to ensure the process for candidates is enjoyable and streamlined even though we are unable to meet in person.
    Here is the a great career with LiveRamp!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveRamp.

Interview

There were two 45-minute interviews. The first one asked about my past projects and I explained one of mine and how it worked. In the second one they asked about my past experience in working with teams, working on unfamiliar problems, and a few data structures things.

Interview Questions

LiveRamp Response

Mar 6, 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Welcome to the team! We look forward to a great internship cohort this year!
    Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience.