LiveRamp Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LiveRamp President and a Co-Founder Travis May
Travis May

Pros
  • Work at LiveRamp is fast paced where things and people move quickly (in 11 reviews)

• I've been given a lot of responsibility and freedom as a new software engineer (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is very tricky if not impossible (in 10 reviews)

• This combination leads to continued degradation throughout because no one in the company every takes accountability for anything that goes wrong (in 6 reviews)

1. "Best Place I've ever worked"

I have been working at LiveRamp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team. The perks and benefits are great but working with great people everyday is worth more than all of that combined.

Cons

Not many people are aware of LiveRamp outside of the digital marketing world. It is not uncommon to have to educate others on what LiveRamp does. However, most people are excited by LiveRamp once they understand the business.

"Great place to work with smart people and get things done"

I have been working at LiveRamp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

_ Incredibly smart, hungry, action-biased group of people
    _ Generally free from politics and BS
    _ Compelling market opportunity and strategy
    _ Pretty results-driven, with tons of opportunity to forge your own path if you are able to produce results
    _ Parent company and division leadership is willingness to invest in strategically important things

Cons

_ Sometimes feels like we try to do too much
    _ Strong action bias and interest in moving quickly means not everyone values coordination
    _ Moving quickly also sometimes means we don't get to invest in making products as perfect as desired (which may actually be the right choice, but doesn't always feel great)
    _ Some bureaucracy creeps in when dealing with other divisions that are culturally rather different

Advice to Management

_ Focus
    _ Align the other divisions so that we don't have to waste energy competing with or aligning our own company

"Not as advertised"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LiveRamp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries across the board are strong for the work, good work life balance, industrial chic office space, macbooks for everyone.

Cons

Lack of accountability, throwing people under the bus will get rewarded. There's a lack of transparency but that's not surprising because the CEO will not speak to groups larger then 15 people.

Advice to Management

Try to value work over politics, try not to breed a culture where the metric your employees are evaluated on is not how much they believe in LiveRamp, LiveRamp doesn't save lives, it's not doctors, or cancer researchers, its a layer in serving advertisements

"Great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

People are really on top of their game. Whenever I feel like there is an incompetent person in an interaction, or that someone isn't quite pulling their weight in a project, that person is me. I'm privileged that so much of what I get to do is observe and try to emulate the excellence in the people I work with.

Cons

Because people are so busy, when you newly join the company or switch roles within the company, it is easy to feel ignored or like your personal growth and interests aren't being taken into account by your team. Luckily, if you advocate for yourself, people pay attention and try to help you out, but this can get exhausting and might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Advice to Management

There are many parts of the org where it feels like there is a distinct lack of process. While we are still within the window of time where this can be forgiven as 'growing pains', it would be great if the plans to deal with these problems were more widely discussed (assuming such plans exist).

"Fast Paced Meaningful Work"

I have been working at LiveRamp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LiveRamp is an extremely focused company, which allows it to do well in its space. This is driven by top management and is actually rare in ad tech where the temptation is strong to diffuse effort by chasing adjacencies. This creates a lot of clarity around what the company is doing and what employees can do to add value. You also get to work at a company that is making visible changes to its industry.

There is very much a growth culture at LiveRamp. This is not only in terms of revenue, but also individual growth. The company hires the best people and invests in their development, with much of new managers coming from within the company rather than from outside.

There are great benefits - lunch catering 3 days a week and free food everywhere, unlimited time off, encouragement of new parents to take several months off for maternity/paternity leave in addition to the standard benefits that a Bay Area tech company would offer.

Cons

Most people at LiveRamp commit to more than just a 9-5 job. Expect to work at least 9-10 hr days and for work to follow you home.

Teams are reorganized roughly every 3 months, which creates a period of confusion when it takes some extra work to figure out who the new key contacts are for each team.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to stick with one organizational structure for more than a quarter. The incremental gain from striving for the perfect org structure is masked by the amount of disruption reorganization causes.

"Excellent Company with High Expectations"

I have been working at LiveRamp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting, unique product
    I learn something new every day
    Company trusts employees with high degree of responsibility
    Very little management, much more focused on coaching
    Very fast paced
    Smart, driven, interesting, fun coworkers
    Zero politics
    Very generous compensation
    Breakfast every day, catered lunch 3 days a week (with sandwich supplies the other 2)
    High degree of internal mobility
    Autonomy to work on what you're interested in

Cons

Less cons and more down to personal preference, but the hours are long and the work is extremely fast-paced. High expectations can sometimes lead to lots of stress.

Moving fast sometimes means rolling out non-productized solutions to address customer needs. This can lead to fairly manual processes at times.

Advice to Management

Do your best to keep communication channels as open as they are now as the organization scales. Keep hiring the best people we can.

"Important Place to Work"

Current Employee - Product Expert in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Expert in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveRamp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Absolutely Incredible People - Some of the brightest and hardest working people in tech work here.

* Incredible Autonomy - There are no managers, only coaches who are allergic to micro-managing. Each day you feel like you're owning something important to the company's future and others are only there to support you.

* Important Vision - Unlike other companies in this space, LiveRamp's vision is truly transformational to the industry. We're either going to be universally important in 5 years or miss completely, either way it's exciting :)

Cons

* Product Confusion - People (both internal and external) are often confused what our product is/does. My parents often don't understand what I do.

* Client Importance / the Middle Man role - By the nature of the product, LiveRamp sits in the middle of a lot of marketing transactions. This makes the role we play incredible important so if anything goes wrong (even if we're not to blame) fire-fights tend to ensue.

Advice to Management

Keep up trying to change the industry, I think it's working :)

Continue cultivating a culture of brilliant people. It makes it very enjoyable to work here :)

9. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at LiveRamp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly fast paced environment with lots of opportunities to grow. I have been given a ton of responsibilities within my first month. People get straight to the point and do not waste time making decisions. Culture is awesome - i've never worked at a place where people are not afraid to criticize each other openly.

Cons

Work-life balance is hard - you'll be taking home work often (this isn't necessarily a con but a matter of preference for individuals).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You guys inspire the rest of the team to work hard as well. We understand that you've been through a lot to bring us till here.

10. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveRamp (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing growth opportunities. LiveRamp positions their employees for learning, responsibility, and impact. You will always be doing something important that improves your skill set.

Cons

LiveRamp is growing fast and has to improve on preserving its hungry culture and executing cross-team communication (when it comes to operations and product launches). As a middleware company, it is also important to ensure the content and charter each employee is working on is interesting and compelling.

Advice to Management

Continue to uphold a strong product vision and strategy. Add more focus to communication, culture, operations, resources, and senior expertise.

11. "I love working at LiveRamp!"

Current Employee - Product Implementation Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Implementation Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LiveRamp (Less than a year)

Pros

LiveRamp is an awesome place to work! Every attribute about my job is better here than it was at my old job. My favorite part is that they trust their employees to get their jobs done without telling them how and where to do it. There are lots of opportunity to grow and learn. Everyone I work with is super smart and welcoming.

Cons

There aren't many cons I can think of. The learning curve is step here, so if you are not ready to hit the ground running you can feel like you are falling behind.

Advice to Management

I have a great relationship with all of my managers here.