Lloyd's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lloyd's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage of the application is a video interview (unlike the graduate scheme application process which tests first). This is formed of 6 questions, 5 of which are competency based. If successful, you are invited to take testing which involves the standard psychometrics. Following this it is an assessment centre and then an interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"
      "Greatest challenge faced?"
      2 Answers

IT Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's.

Interview

Applied for the Finance Graduate Scheme in October. I received several emails informing me of the fact that they have been inundated with applications. I then at the beggining of March received a call from a lady who said that I should apply for the IT graduate scheme.

The hiring process was lengthy:

-Webcam interview
    -SHL tests consisting of Numerical, Verbal and Patten
    -Assessment center consisting of:
    1) an interview (most of the questions where tell me about a time where.......)
    2) a group exercise (read 5 sheets of paper regarding a business in 15 minutes and work as a team to discuss a solution)
    The man who was assessing me was very rude, kept yawning throughout, which was incredibly off putting.
    3)a SHL literacy test for 1 hour

The reason why I didn't get the job was because I didn't contribute enough to the group exercise. She was nice though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement a change?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's in December 2015.

Interview

The strength questions are asked in a different way to the competency based ones (you don't get any 'Tell me about a time when...') so you can't rehearse answers. There is nobody to interact with- it just records you answering the questions. They emphasise to keep eye contact with the camera throughout.

You have 30 seconds to think about the question before they start recording you and then 90 seconds whilst the question stays on the screen for the whole 90 seconds. You can finish the recording at any time and get as long as you like to rest between each question.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that you fit in within a new team and why do you think that this is important?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview

First three questions about company, what do you know about us, why work for us etc etc, you can have this information in front of you and just read it out, without sounding like you reading it out?

Next 6 question you have to related to ur experience
    /skills

Interview Questions

• 1.time when you worked in a team
      2.what decisions did I have to make in this team/outcome
      3.time when I had to complete a task
      4.how did I complete this task
      5.time when I delt with complaint/heated situation
      6.time when I implemented change, what was outcome?
      Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a two to one face to face interview, one from business and one from technical. They talked about the role and the company, then they asked about your experience and why do you like the role. Also asked about situations and examples questions. And a few SQL related questions.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I filled in an online application form and was then asked to complete a Numerical Reasoning Test, which was a standard SHL one. I was then invited to a telephone interview, which was mainly competency and motivation based. I was asked why I wanted to work for Lloyd's, why insurance and what attracted me to the scheme specifically. The interviewer then wanted to hear specific examples of times that I had used various competencies, such as leadership, working in a team and a time I had persuaded someone. It was a positive experience all round and the interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to persuade someone round to your point of view.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with two managers on first round then another two on second round. Both were fairly good interviews. They went through CV in detail asking questions requiring me to expand.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Short Telephonic screen round
    Indepth Technical round for face 2 face

Projects Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lloyd's in January 2009.

Interview

one on one interview by potential manager followed by interview with the Director. This was then followed up with a scenario and presentation. All was very professional, friendly and interesting. they took the time to invest in my thoughts and ideas and allowed me time to ask whatever I want

Interview Questions

• respond in 3 words on how your friends would describe you   Answer Question

wasnt the right role for me at the time of my career