Lloyd's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

3.4

Grad Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

There were 4/5 stages to the process, including sending off your CV, tests, video interview and then the assessment centre. The video interview was done through HireVue which I felt was very challenging and actually made me more nervous as I couldn't really get any vibe of the interviewer. I definitely had to revise for the interview and have a couple of examples ready in my head. I tried not to make me answers too elaborate but just relate it simply to the question they actually asked me, even if it was just a simple answer.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time that you had to implement someone else's point of view in the work place?   1 Answer

, Underwriters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online, do psychometric test, get invited for online interview, i wasn’t particularly used to doing interviews especially online video interviews. But it wasn’t that bad. Just be prepared and confident to answer

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you showed leadership

Describe a time you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage of the application is a video interview (unlike the graduate scheme application process which tests first). This is formed of 6 questions, 5 of which are competency based. If successful, you are invited to take testing which involves the standard psychometrics. Following this it is an assessment centre and then an interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"
      "Greatest challenge faced?"   2 Answers

IT Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's.

Interview

Applied for the Finance Graduate Scheme in October. I received several emails informing me of the fact that they have been inundated with applications. I then at the beggining of March received a call from a lady who said that I should apply for the IT graduate scheme.

The hiring process was lengthy:

-Webcam interview
    -SHL tests consisting of Numerical, Verbal and Patten
    -Assessment center consisting of:
    1) an interview (most of the questions where tell me about a time where.......)
    2) a group exercise (read 5 sheets of paper regarding a business in 15 minutes and work as a team to discuss a solution)
    The man who was assessing me was very rude, kept yawning throughout, which was incredibly off putting.
    3)a SHL literacy test for 1 hour

The reason why I didn't get the job was because I didn't contribute enough to the group exercise. She was nice though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement a change?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied to the main scheme, was told this was oversubscribed and completely filled so siphoned to the IT Scheme. (This i later learned was false)
    Various remote test both competency and a quick sanity check phone call.
    through to group assessment day.
    assessment day made up of a group activity an interview with HR and an Interview with IT

Interview Questions

• Group task was to work together to propose solutions to 5 business problems. Judged or ability to speak up and work as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Personality Questions from HR   Answer Question
    • Variety of technical Questions from IT. Check for logical thinking.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls would fit in the London Eye   Answer Question
    • One situation in your personal life where you made a financial decision.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's in December 2015.

Interview

The strength questions are asked in a different way to the competency based ones (you don't get any 'Tell me about a time when...') so you can't rehearse answers. There is nobody to interact with- it just records you answering the questions. They emphasise to keep eye contact with the camera throughout.

You have 30 seconds to think about the question before they start recording you and then 90 seconds whilst the question stays on the screen for the whole 90 seconds. You can finish the recording at any time and get as long as you like to rest between each question.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that you fit in within a new team and why do you think that this is important?   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview

First three questions about company, what do you know about us, why work for us etc etc, you can have this information in front of you and just read it out, without sounding like you reading it out?

Next 6 question you have to related to ur experience
    /skills

Interview Questions

• 1.time when you worked in a team
      2.what decisions did I have to make in this team/outcome
      3.time when I had to complete a task
      4.how did I complete this task
      5.time when I delt with complaint/heated situation
      6.time when I implemented change, what was outcome?   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a two to one face to face interview, one from business and one from technical. They talked about the role and the company, then they asked about your experience and why do you like the role. Also asked about situations and examples questions. And a few SQL related questions.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I filled in an online application form and was then asked to complete a Numerical Reasoning Test, which was a standard SHL one. I was then invited to a telephone interview, which was mainly competency and motivation based. I was asked why I wanted to work for Lloyd's, why insurance and what attracted me to the scheme specifically. The interviewer then wanted to hear specific examples of times that I had used various competencies, such as leadership, working in a team and a time I had persuaded someone. It was a positive experience all round and the interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to persuade someone round to your point of view.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

2 interviews, initially with hiring manager and HR - more competency based including why you want the job, reasons for leaving, examples for being a team player. Second interview with head of department and another manager about more technical experience and what you can bring to the company

Interview Questions

• tell us what you know about the Lloyd's market and how do you see your role developing within the department   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not too much room to negotiate