Lloyd's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lloyd's Interview Questions

Interviews at Lloyd's

3.2

Company Secretarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lloyd's in October 2018.

Interview

Made an application and within days, got called for an interview.

On the morning of the interview, I got a call to say one of the interviewers was off sick so I would only be interviewed by one person. Upon arrival there was a substitute interviewer who did not bother to introduce herself which I thought was pretty unprofessional.

Interview itself wasn’t the best of experiences, manager did not appear to have gone through my CV as she had no clue what I had done up to date etc. During the interview, her phone also went off which again I thought was quite unprofessional. It’s a two way street, professional is expected of both parties not just the interviewee!

I was amazed that for a company of its kind, they did not have the professional courtesy to send a rejection email of any kind. Till date, not a single email post interview which is rather unfortunate and has put me off this company altogether.

Not one I would ever apply to again now or in the future.

Interview Questions

• Basic tell us about yourself; nothing really concrete to report; interviewers seem really unprepared.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Short Telephonic screen round
    Indepth Technical round for face 2 face

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a two to one face to face interview, one from business and one from technical. They talked about the role and the company, then they asked about your experience and why do you like the role. Also asked about situations and examples questions. And a few SQL related questions.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

2 interviews, initially with hiring manager and HR - more competency based including why you want the job, reasons for leaving, examples for being a team player. Second interview with head of department and another manager about more technical experience and what you can bring to the company

Interview Questions

• tell us what you know about the Lloyd's market and how do you see your role developing within the department   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not too much room to negotiate

Projects Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lloyd's in January 2009.

Interview

one on one interview by potential manager followed by interview with the Director. This was then followed up with a scenario and presentation. All was very professional, friendly and interesting. they took the time to invest in my thoughts and ideas and allowed me time to ask whatever I want

Interview Questions

• respond in 3 words on how your friends would describe you   Answer Question

wasnt the right role for me at the time of my career

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was an excellent series of 2 interviews and I felt very respected for my time. The interviewers were very friendly and informative, and seemed to want to hire genuinely to fill the role rather than have any other intentions.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with two managers on first round then another two on second round. Both were fairly good interviews. They went through CV in detail asking questions requiring me to expand.

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview

First three questions about company, what do you know about us, why work for us etc etc, you can have this information in front of you and just read it out, without sounding like you reading it out?

Next 6 question you have to related to ur experience
    /skills

Interview Questions

• 1.time when you worked in a team
      2.what decisions did I have to make in this team/outcome
      3.time when I had to complete a task
      4.how did I complete this task
      5.time when I delt with complaint/heated situation
      6.time when I implemented change, what was outcome?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I filled in an online application form and was then asked to complete a Numerical Reasoning Test, which was a standard SHL one. I was then invited to a telephone interview, which was mainly competency and motivation based. I was asked why I wanted to work for Lloyd's, why insurance and what attracted me to the scheme specifically. The interviewer then wanted to hear specific examples of times that I had used various competencies, such as leadership, working in a team and a time I had persuaded someone. It was a positive experience all round and the interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to persuade someone round to your point of view.   Answer Question

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied to the main scheme, was told this was oversubscribed and completely filled so siphoned to the IT Scheme. (This i later learned was false)
    Various remote test both competency and a quick sanity check phone call.
    through to group assessment day.
    assessment day made up of a group activity an interview with HR and an Interview with IT

Interview Questions

• Group task was to work together to propose solutions to 5 business problems. Judged or ability to speak up and work as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Personality Questions from HR   Answer Question
    • Variety of technical Questions from IT. Check for logical thinking.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls would fit in the London Eye   Answer Question
    • One situation in your personal life where you made a financial decision.   Answer Question