Loblaw Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Loblaw Companies

2.2

Sort:

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Front end manager was condescending and not nice at all. Treated people under her like BS. HR person was really nice, but overall environment was not professional. You would often find employees making out in the staff room.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Brampton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Took 2 months and 4 interviews working through the hierarchy. Found the job online and applied. Phone interview-about 20 minutes to further screen. 1 interview with HR to further screen and expand on answers given during phone interview. Met with hiring Director. Telephone interview with Sr. Director and then 1.1 with senior director. Offer made. Waiting for police check. It has to be "their" check. Offer signed and accepted. Orientation 1st day...you're in. Loblaw is a company of meetings and meetings and meetings. Be patient - the meetings sometimes undo meetings.

Interview Questions

• Could you report a co-worker that you found doing something wrong or against company policy?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable depending on pay band. Vacation is Non-Negotiable.

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies in January 2015.

Interview

The difficult part is getting the interview as there are always so many candidates and HR cannot review all applicants. Once you get an interview they are very courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (employment background)   1 Answer

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Its just the basic questions, it was very welcoming and friendly, the women to interviewed me is nice and I think it is what is to be expected on the type of persons that work on this company. The interview didnt take too long, just some of your typical questions.

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Hired as a photo lab tech on the spot at the end of the interview. Promoted to supervisor after I started doing the job myself and it was just more convent for the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term goals (in relations to the company).   1 Answer

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies in October 2008.

Interview

First interview with HR representative, second interview with Planning Manager. Was offered job directly by the Planning Manager

Interview Questions

• Situation based question. Described a problem with merchandise overstock and shops. Had to describe how I would solve that problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies in April 2011.

Interview

Easy - no interview, no process, just Backcheck

Negotiation

pretty easy - salary and expenses were negotiable - they are always desperate (found tha out too late)

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Brampton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

the HR was very nice and helpful, hiring manager was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. I could actually be myself during the interview and got an offer very quickly.

Interview Questions

• know stock price, how well the company is doing, private labels for the categories applying for   Answer Question

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through online web portal. Received an email from HR asking to book a phone interview with the manager of this position.

After completing the phone interview I was invited to meet in person with the top head of the division for a 45 minute interview, with another 45 minute Excel test to conclude the session.

As of this writing I have yet to attend the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Have you been to our stores? Our website? What do you like, don't like? How can we improve?   1 Answer

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process involved an initial phone interview to screen out people. This was followed by an in-person interview which involved meeting two groups of people plus a 30 min excel test. First group was with the manager who leads the team. Second group was with the team.

PS. Everyone likes soccer