Local Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Local Motors

2.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ) in January 2020.

Interview

Walk you around the shop and talk about the vehicle and what it's capabilities are. Tried to get techs on the floor to probe me and ask me questions to see if my personality was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with High Voltage before?
      Have you done any work(Design Work) on discreet signals or logic circuits in the past?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

The oddest interview experience I've ever had! I applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter from Arizona two days later. They were hiring data analyst interns for their San Francisco office. The recruiter asked me basic HR questions and then she moved me on to the next step of the interview which was an onsite interview in San Francisco with the hiring engineers/managers. We scheduled for it over a couple of emails for one week after my phone interview. One week later, 22 hours before my onsite interview the same recruiter calls and leaves me a voicemail stating that "the hiring team just hired someone for this position and they will not conduct my interview the next day!" I have never had such an experience with any company before. They schedule the onsite interview and cancel it with no further explanation. This is unprofessional and disrespectful. Have some manners and show some respect to the candidate's time. I am actually glad that I won't work for them. I would rather spend my knowledge and time somewhere else. Avoid this company if you can.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Local Motors.

Interview

I had applied online, was contacted by the recruiter. Then had a phone interview with the recruiter, standard behavioral questions. After this, was scheduled an interview for an hour with the Engineering Manager. The interview went well, the manager asked about my current company, past experience and went in depth regarding my work. At the end was told by the manager that I'm in the early stages of the interview process and I should get back a reply in a few weeks as they are reviewing other candidates. It's been more than 2 months whenever I email the recruiter for an updated, get the same copy-pasted response "currently reviewing all resumes. Should we feel your background and skills are a close match....." Very unprofessional, they don't have even the courtesy to email the candidate of the hiring decision. My suggestion, don't waste your time in interviewing this company.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me about your projects?   1 Answer

CAD Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Local Motors (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was very pleasant and the questions were mostly basic personality and skill screening questions. The Pierson that interviewed me over the phone was very pleasant and knowledgeable of the company.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you dealt with difficulties in a managerial sense   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was to the point and brief and they were great in asking questions. The engineers were very knowledgeable and friendly to talk to. The vision of the company is also great and has promising future

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Local Motors in August 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume, followed by a 1 hour phone interview.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. They asked about my previous position, described the opening they were looking to fill. Asked some standard interview questions, along with more specific questions based on the open position. My experience and knowledge fit well with what they were looking for. Finished the interview with positive statements from their engineers, sounded like I would at least be moving on to the next round. Then I never heard back from the company again. This seems pretty unprofessional. Have the courtesy to at least follow up with candidates you interview.

Interview Questions

Local Motors Response

Nov 27, 2017 – Director of Human Experience

Thank you for submitting your resume to Local Motors. We are still actively recruiting many engineering positions at this time. We will be reaching out to participants as we progress in the process. We value all candidates and hope to be in touch soon.

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a video interview & then an in-person meeting.
    All 3 rounds of interviews were pretty well designed. However, you'd expect a company to at least respond to candidates after Round 3 of the interview, but I didn't get that courtesy. Companies & interviewers need to understand that hiring is a two-way street, and how they behave with applicants that go through tedious interview processes speaks a lot about their company culture & attitude.

Interview Questions

• A lot of relevant, field-related questions, some hypothetical scenario questions & past work experience.   Answer Question

Local Motors Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Director of Human Experience

Thank you very much for your participation in the hiring process. We value your time and talent. The position just closed and our team is working hard to reach out to those who were active . Please know that you will hear from us and hope that you will consider applying to a role in the future. Very Best of Luck. Thank you for your professionalism and interest.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple step, multiple departments, phone, then with event team, then marketing manager. Very bizarre and unorganized. Each step was slow and I followed up after each step personally. It seemed this position was not a real priority.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Honestly the process was very surface level and did not drill down to the actual day to day. Even at the second in person. Felt they did not know what they wanted, and not even sure they filled the position. I do not think this was a priority hire due to the lack of follow up and communication.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

It was as normal of an interviewing experience as interviews go. The interviewers asked questions relevant to the role, shared details about past company activities, and included vision for what to expect down the road. A handful of scenario-based questions were also provided. After interviewing with the team, met with the department's executive.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to go from a software company to a hardware company?
      Tell us how you handle change in a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Employee referral which resulted in a phone interview with the CSO, an in person meeting with the team (3 people) and an in person offer with the head of HR and the CSO.

Entire pricess was informal (which I prefer). Most questions were related to why I wanted to work for LM, if I could handle a startup (little structure, lots of changes, expected to wear many hats, VERY fast moving, etc), and if I understood the importance of being on the Operations side in an engineer based company. If you've worked for one before, you know what I'm talking about. Most engineers can't run a business for a reason, but they are the soul of the company, so you have to know how to walk a fine, but firm line.

Overall, I felt at home. The CSO talked highly of his team, and the team talked even more highly of the CSO. And, it was all very sincere. I've been in a lot of interviews and conducted many, this was by far the best experience. Benefits are crazy good and offer was on par.

Interview Questions

• Why does Local Motors interest you, and how did you hear about us?   Answer Question