Local Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Local Motors

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors.

Interview

Standard technical questions. I did a working session where I helped contribute to a project. The interview was a little disorganized. I was just sitting around for a while. The place we met was very loud, but it was pretty cool and unusual.

Social Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview was supposed to be at 7:30am with the Chief Marketing Officer, which is OK since I'm a morning person, but the CMO didn't arrive until 45 minutes later. She brought no notes or even business cards to the interview, had little interest in my responses to her questions, and constantly checked her phone during the interview. Having done my research on her, it is obvious that she has a hiring bias towards females (6 females to 1 male, the lone male specializing in app development which is highly male-dominated so it is likely that ONLY males applied for the role).

Not only did the CMO waste my time by being late, but she wasted it during the interview where it was clear she had her mind made up before she even arrived at the facility. While waiting for her to arrive, I did meet with some of the other employees who could not have possibly been nicer or more welcoming though.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Employee referral which resulted in a phone interview with the CSO, an in person meeting with the team (3 people) and an in person offer with the head of HR and the CSO.

Entire pricess was informal (which I prefer). Most questions were related to why I wanted to work for LM, if I could handle a startup (little structure, lots of changes, expected to wear many hats, VERY fast moving, etc), and if I understood the importance of being on the Operations side in an engineer based company. If you've worked for one before, you know what I'm talking about. Most engineers can't run a business for a reason, but they are the soul of the company, so you have to know how to walk a fine, but firm line.

Overall, I felt at home. The CSO talked highly of his team, and the team talked even more highly of the CSO. And, it was all very sincere. I've been in a lot of interviews and conducted many, this was by far the best experience. Benefits are crazy good and offer was on par.

Interview Questions

• Why does Local Motors interest you, and how did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

It was as normal of an interviewing experience as interviews go. The interviewers asked questions relevant to the role, shared details about past company activities, and included vision for what to expect down the road. A handful of scenario-based questions were also provided. After interviewing with the team, met with the department's executive.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to go from a software company to a hardware company?
      Tell us how you handle change in a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Local Motors in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the Controller first for about a half and hour. Very Pleasant woman. Was calld back to meet with CFO. He was a bit more reserved and full of himself.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was standard - nothing to be worried about. Come with an open mind prepared to answer questions that you can probably find in detail on Google or Apple reviews. This company has a lot going on and you need to be able to answer a wide variety of questions on technology, etc.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was to the point and brief and they were great in asking questions. The engineers were very knowledgeable and friendly to talk to. The vision of the company is also great and has promising future

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Local Motors in August 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume, followed by a 1 hour phone interview.

The interview process was fairly straightforward. They asked about my previous position, described the opening they were looking to fill. Asked some standard interview questions, along with more specific questions based on the open position. My experience and knowledge fit well with what they were looking for. Finished the interview with positive statements from their engineers, sounded like I would at least be moving on to the next round. Then I never heard back from the company again. This seems pretty unprofessional. Have the courtesy to at least follow up with candidates you interview.

Interview Questions

Local Motors Response

Nov 27, 2017 – Director of Human Experience

Thank you for submitting your resume to Local Motors. We are still actively recruiting many engineering positions at this time. We will be reaching out to participants as we progress in the... More

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Local Motors (Chandler, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially met with the CFO. He briefed me about LM and the vision he had for his team going forward. He asked if I was willing to relocate, I told him I would be open to it. We discussed my experience as a consultant for a few years and that it was very chaotic and in constant flux. He then invited me back to meet with the contracted Controller at the time the very next day. I met with her and we hit it off instantly. She asked me about my experience with audit, fixed assets, gl, and management. She asked if I would be interested in an Accounting Manager position instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you have any manufacturing experience? How do you work under pressure? Do you mind change?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Local Motors (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a video interview & then an in-person meeting.
    All 3 rounds of interviews were pretty well designed. However, you'd expect a company to at least respond to candidates after Round 3 of the interview, but I didn't get that courtesy. Companies & interviewers need to understand that hiring is a two-way street, and how they behave with applicants that go through tedious interview processes speaks a lot about their company culture & attitude.

Interview Questions

• A lot of relevant, field-related questions, some hypothetical scenario questions & past work experience.   Answer Question

Local Motors Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Director of Human Experience

Thank you very much for your participation in the hiring process. We value your time and talent. The position just closed and our team is working hard to reach out to those who were active... More