LogicMonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Austin, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application to LogicMonitor on a Monday, within 24 hours I had a phone screening arranged for Wednesday, and following the initial screening we were able to organize a same-day followup call.

The talent acquisition specialist was amazingly helpful, and already had the go-ahead to bring me in for a multi-hour in office interview before we finished our phone follow-up. They had availability the next day, but I had to opt for a Friday time-slot instead.

Everyone that I interacted with was professional, courteous, but also relaxed and welcoming which made for a very enjoyable 3 hours. The first objective of the day was a tour of the office (17th and 14th floors) as well as the building amenities (24hr gym access, patio/balconies, relax/game room, kitchens, etc.) followed by a 1-hour technical exam + a 5 minute client interaction "test", and then meetings with various leadership including the senior support engineer, the team manager, and the department director.

After wrapping up the comfortable interviews I had a quick one-on-one with the recruiter, who said they'd keep me updated on my application progress, and did they ever deliver! Not even 2 hours after heading home I received a call from them to confirm a few details (salary expectation, availability to start) and news that I should expect the offer either on or after the weekend.

I don't think I've ever had a turnaround quite like this, with barely 7 days between application and offer. It's was a fantastic experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you connect to a Linux server from a Windows machine   1 Answer

LogicMonitor Response

Feb 6, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Dear Employee,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful, detailed feedback!

Hiring top talent is a priority for us. We are thrilled the process went so smoothly for you and that you had a fantastic... More

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Austin, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Process was fast and transparent. I had a great person to communicate with on the recruiting team. Company was straightforward about their needs and wants and were easy to work with throughout the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Interview had a technical portion that was challenging but probably a good way to make sure you were right for the role.   Answer Question

LogicMonitor Response

Dec 19, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Dear Employee,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hiring process! We want our candidates to know what to expect and to provide the best experience possible. Some roles are... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor in June 2016.

Interview

The first round of the interview is an online test. It contains 1 coding problem and several technical problems. The second round of the interview is a video interview. There are 3 different interviewers. Each of the interviewer lets me to write a code. The third round of the interview is a small project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone conversation with Recruiter, then 3 1 on 1s in house. Discussed past experience and did an SQL problem with the first interviewer. The second two were standard algorithms & data structure problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Bloomington, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

As mentioned 3 stages- 1st step is collabedit - binary search and reverse LL. next step is back to back 4 rounds over skype since i am not local candidate. Design LRU cache, complete binary tree, heapsort, remove duplicates write code for all. how to store files on disk. 3rd stage is build a peg solitaire game with html,css,javascript

Sad part is in first interview i asked them is they'd be willing to sponsor H1B, they said yes. I build game, they were happy with it. but then said they decided not to sponsor H1B.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogicMonitor.

Interview

Phone screen, personality test, logic test. After you take the tests the recruiter basically says, "hey we don't trust you so take the test again while we watch you on skype". Um... why didn't you do this in the beginning instead of having me take the test twice? At this point I was pretty disappointed in the hiring process and didn't bother to try the second time around.

Gone are the days where you sit down and have an intellectual conversation with someone to gauge their intelligence and capabilities. If you're an engineer who doesn't mind jumping through a bunch of hoops I encourage you to apply. Woof woof.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogicMonitor in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Firstly some basic questions, like difference between process and threads, java memory management, what is database transaction. Then a programming question about java multi-threading, using some java pattern.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard but LogicMonitor moves quickly! If it wasn't for a vacation I had planned, I'm pretty sure the entire process would have taken 2 weeks. I was interviewing with multiple companies and out of all of them, LogicMonitor proved to be the most organized and efficient. Which I tell you, was a key component for setting my expectations for what working at LogicMonitor would be like.

My interview process looked like below:
    1. Zoom chat with the recruiter
    2. Zoom chat with Dir of TechOps
    3. Zoom chat with Principle SRE and Senior SRE
    4. Onsite interview roughly 4 hours of meetings with prospective team members

Interview Questions

• Mixed level of technology, personality, and team dynamic questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Austin, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Throughout the interview process, I did a pre-employment assessment, HR screening, verified the pre-employment assessment, had a 1:1 video interview with the hiring manager and then a panel interview with several team members.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred management style? How do you like to work?   Answer Question

Monitoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Santa Barbara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviews were broken up into 3 stages.
    1. Meet up over a cup of coffee to get a general idea of who I am and an overview of experience.
    2. In-Person interview - Straight forward interview with white board coding questions and general problem solving questions. Additionally, knowledge in network systems as it was necessary for the position.
    3. Meeting with multiple directors of different teams, with an finale with the CEO. Straight forward, and similar to the first interview of just getting a sense of character and ambitions.

Interview Questions

• Coding/Programming Question: Fizz-Buzz
      - A very common general programming question to quickly white board that shows a general knowledge of writing code.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

I was referred for an AE position and coordinated with Tim my recruiter for the initial phone screen and CCAT test evaluation. Once I completed this portion I had an onsite interview and sales presentation with the sales directors.

Interview Questions

• If hired, what would be your six month plan?   1 Answer