LogicMonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LogicMonitor

1. Featured Interview

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Austin, TX) in September 2020.

Interview

I was referred by a TA partner that I previously engaged with for another role. The interview process consisted of a phone call with the Recruiter, a phone call with the hiring manager, a cognitive test, and lastly a "super day" round of video calls. Everyone in the process was supportive, answered my questions, and made me feel excited to learn more. My biggest takeaway from the interview process was the "One Team" philosophy that LM runs on because everyone was consistently talking about how much they enjoy collaboration and how critical it is to their roles. Cross-functional collaboration and process improvement were big topics during this process as well.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogicMonitor.

Interview

Unmemorable, at best. The recruiter for this role left a lot to be desired in terms of the candidate experience. The interaction was void of any personality, and I felt that they were cold and disinterested in learning about my experiences.

First interview was a 30 minute recruiter screen, next steps were 30 minute Zoom meeting with the Recruiting Manager.

Interview Questions

• Share your steps when interacting with a candidate - from the initial outreach to the final interview/offer stage.   Answer Question

Associate Monitoring Engineer Interview

Interview

Pre-employment assessment, quick phone screen, coding assessment, and a technical interview is what I've done so far. If I move onto the next phase, it will be multiple interviews with the engineering team.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls can fit in a 747?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Begins with a pre-employment assessment. No answer was given and no phone screening was given afterward. Other companies will do a phone screening first. They give no details on their desired score or report what you missed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor in September 2020.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in a couple of days with a timed test. The process had the following steps: Cognitive test, phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, proctored cognitive test, “on-site” final round of 4 back to back interviews with designers and hiring manager again.

Overall the process took about three full weeks from applying online to receiving an offer. I appreciated how quickly the process went. The designers asked me a lot of behavioral questions, walked through my portfolio work, and answered my questions.

Senior Sales Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor in August 2020.

Interview

After applying I took an assessment (you take it again later on), then I spoke with the recruiter for the first time. Following, I spoke with the Director and then other team members.

Unfortunately the team went with someone else for the role, but I have to say this was the most smoothly run process I have ever been through as a fellow recruiter.

The recruiter I worked with was their team lead, and she was amazing at every step! She was thorough, communicated everything to me that I needed and then some, took the time to follow up after every step and I felt like she genuinely cared. Even though I didn't get the job, it feels great knowing this team has an incredible leader. Maybe next time for me!!

I read some of the other comments on here about the assessment so I'll put my 2c in - yes, it's an extra step, and yes it made me anxious. BUT, they give you two chances on it, they give you materials to help study, it's a small extra hump to get over for an incredible job.

Senior Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor (Austin, TX) in July 2020.

Interview

First I was asked to take an assessment, followed by an initial Phone Screening with recruiter. Upon passing that I had a similar call with the hiring manager. I then retook the assessment in a proctored environment. Finally there was a round of interviews with other members of the team and again the hiring manger, all back to back.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor.

Interview

Applied online for a sales engineering position with LogicMonitor. Received an email from a recruiter to take a pre-screen logic/IQ type test. Upon passing this test, the recruiter scheduled a pre-screen phone interview with me and was subsequently asked to take a second much longer online technical assessment test. The recruiter called me a week later and informed me the position had already been filled internally, but that I did very well on both assessment tests and the pre-screen interview, so they'll keep me in mind for any future openings.

Fast forward a few months later and I apply for the same position with Logic Monitor, only this time it was for another city. When I applied, the website asked you to indicate if you had ever taken the assessment tests in the past, which I had, so I checked this option. The very next day, I received an outright rejection which left me perplexed and baffled. I followed up with the same recruiter and asked if they could look into what exactly happened. The recruiter promised they'd look into why I was rejected outright even though I had passed both assessment tests for the same position. Instead of receiving an explanation, I was ghosted by the recruiter and never heard back from them again.

The interview process with LogicMonitor can be summed up as an exercise in futility, unprofessional, perplexing, and baffling. I would definitely not recommend interviewing for this company.

Interview Questions

• Explain an objection raised by a prospective client and how you overcame their concerns.   Answer Question

Apr 28, 2020

I'm sorry that you had a poor experience with our interview process. You may have noticed in some of my other responses that we had a recruiter leave our team. Unfortunately some things fell through the cracks with that departure. We have also had a slowdown due to the Covid related world conditions. I would love to personally understand more of the details around the timing of your interview so that I can ensure we have made the appropriate process changes to prevent future negative experiences. Please reach out to me directly if you are willing to provide more details. Thank you for your understanding.
    Heather Henry
    Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition
    heather.henry@logicmonitor.com

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was not a good experience. When I spoke with their recruiter, she was asking me technical questions she was reading off a piece of paper. If you do not understand the questions you are asking, how can you judge if answers are good enough?

I took their assessments, and then spoke with the development manager. Then after I speak with the manager, they go dark on me.

Some days later, I get a basic rejection email from the recruiter. She offered no explanation of why I was not selected, did not answer my phone call. All I wanted was clarification on why I was not selected. Basic decency was not had here.

Interview Questions

• Explain what the Linux kernel is   1 Answer

Apr 2, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview process. I am very sorry that you did not have a positive experience and want to assure you that your experience is not reflective of our typical process. While we do have a rigorous hiring practice that includes assessments and technical questions, we strive to provide a personalized experienced that includes feedback and not just a standard rejection email. While it is not an excuse, we did have a recruiter exit our organization and I believe you may have suffered from things falling through the cracks. We will strive to do better moving forward.

Heather Henry - Senior Director, Talent Acquisition

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogicMonitor.

Interview

I was contacted by one of LogicMonitor's recruiters and scheduled for a screening call. The agreed time came and went, and no call, no communication of any kind. I e-mail the company's recruiter (LM employee) twice asking if the call would be rescheduled. No response.

This is incredibly rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional behavior. I spent time going through the "pre-assessments" and researching the company to make the interview productive. For a company that seems to put so much value on automated assessments, maybe they should have an assessment of proper business conduct and professionalism for their recruiters.

To the recruiter: your behavior reflects very poorly on the company, and, most importantly, on yourself. Remember that this is a small world, reputations stick, and tomorrow the roles may be reversed and you may be looking to be hired by someone you mistreated as a candidate

To LogicMonitor's management: If you are not reading these reviews, you should. The kind of behavior that some of your recruiters engage in are a symptom of corporate dysfunction that cannot be tolerated. After going through this, I am unwilling to work for LogicMonitor, buy your products, or recommend it to anyone. Business is not just about technology, it's about how you treat people

Apr 2, 2020

Thank you very much for providing this feedback. I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience and want to assure you that this is not our typical process. While not an excuse, we had a recruiter exit the organization and I am afraid that transition did not happen as smoothly as we would have hoped. I believe that we have tried to reach out to you to communication our apologies personally and hope that you will please consider giving our process another chance.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for you negative experience and I have already addressed this with my team. We have tried to make sure anyone else who was in process has been followed up with appropriately. We did not realize this situation had occurred and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Sincerely,