LogicMonitor Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
LogicMonitor CEO Kevin McGibben
Kevin McGibben

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company culture (which is a reflection of management);" (in 11 reviews)

• "Great Benefits and an awesome work/life balance culture" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company is growing like crazy, so internal processes don't always catch up in time" (in 4 reviews)

• "Can be very fast paced, definitely have to hit the ground running" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome people, great benefits, beautiful view!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

The people here are bright, collaborative, and embrace a big future. Everyone is working together towards a common goal and we are celebrating the many successes along the way. We work really hard but support each other and make sure to incorporate lots of laughs everyday. The office is beautiful- from the 5th floor in downtown Santa Barbara (a rare perspective) we can see the glistening Pacific ocean to the left and the Los Padres mountains to the right. The benefits are great: 100% employer paid for medical/dental/vision for employee only, stock options, daily company sponsored workouts, stocked kitchen, $100 gym/parking stipend, fun events, and professional development reimbursement.

Cons

With growth, comes the growing pains of needing to change to become a larger company. I see it as a unique opportunity to take initiative, grow your career and build new things!

Advice to Management

Stay connected with the people and keep our culture strong as we grow. Make sure that the infrastructure and people support teams grow proportionately to continue providing excellent service to our people and the business.

2. "Talent Acquisition Associate"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture seems amazing! Everyone I've met so far are really all so positive and friendly, the team I'm with has a wonderful sense of humor and make me feel welcomed and are willing to help me when I reach out. I am really looking forward to learning more from them!

Cons

The parking can be a little difficult if you will be traveling by car.

"Great Perks and Team Environment"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

The company offers an extensive array of perks (and takes advantage of some of Santa Barbara's natural perks too). It's obvious employees are truly valued.

Cons

Benefits are great, but 401(k) matching would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. The people and culture are phenomenal and you can tell that folks genuinely care about the company.
    2. The Austin office is in an awesome location.
    3. Steps for career growth were provided to me my first week.
    4. Learning and development is readily available for the LM product for all employees. Personal career interests and growth is supported.

Cons

Some changes in leadership have come through with the acquisition, but it's to be expected.

Advice to Management

As the office continues to grow, please continue to have company outings as it's the best way to get to know newbies as well as interact with folks your job doesn't regularly allow you to.

5. "Weird hodgepodge of startup culture and micromanagement"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Local team is great, smart and hard working. Free beer and relaxed office. Good technology with a solid value prop.

Cons

Managers harass employees to be in the office 8-5 despite 99% of work being done via telepresence. No work from home policy. Lots of people quitting, starting to look like a major failure is imminent. Sales numbers are weak and lots of missed opportunity. Open format offices are distracting and cause anxiety.

Advice to Management

Vista (parent company) should remove the CEO immediately. He is not equipped to run a company that has the aspirations that this one does.

6. "Interview/Onboarding"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The interview is really thorough and really interactive
    - Really make you feel welcome and wanted
    - Onboarding seems intense, but they really set you for success
    - Fully Stocked kitchen

Cons

None that I can think of

Jun 21, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Dear Employee,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our interview and on-boarding processes. Happy to have you part of the LogicMonitor family! Please feel free to reach... More

7. "Great Company, Great People, Great Location"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people here are bright, collaborative, and want to be successful
    - Management does a great job giving and receiving consistent feedback via assigning individual mentors, weekly 1 on 1 meetings with mentor and management, and quarterly and annual reviews/scorecards.
    - Excellent on-boarding process, ongoing training and career development incentives
    - Use latest technology
    - The office is beautiful- from the 5th floor in downtown Santa Barbara (a rare perspective) we can see the glistening Pacific ocean to the left

Cons

Recently acquired by Vista Equity Partners, therefore, people are unsure on how new ownership will change company culture and daily roles. I see it as a unique opportunity to take initiative, grow your career and build new things!

8. "Challenging but fun"

Current Employee - Monitoring Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Monitoring Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team full of competent people, you get to build a great product that is going places. Great work life balance.

Cons

The company is growing up and there are some growing pains. There is some distraction and ambiguity as the company enters a new stage.

Advice to Management

Don't loose focus on the product. It's the biggest differentiator in a crowded and highly compeitive segment segment.

Jun 5, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Dear LogicMonitor Employee,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are happy to hear that it's been challenging and fun for you.

Preserving our culture is really important to us... More

9. "Exciting, and fast paced. This organization is lean and we'll positioned in the market space."

Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor (More than a year)

Pros

Greatest people I've ever worked with. Dynamic and adaptable, with excellent benefits to boot.

Cons

Requires buy-in. You're either with them it against them. There is employee churn if the fit isn't right.

"Customer Success Manager (in Austin office)"

I worked at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

Smart bunch of people! Impressive product! Admirable revenue growth!

Cons

Experience differential between headquarters and Austin office of management team. LOTS of new managers, which is part of the startup challenge, but does not seem to be enough support to properly develop solid skills. Ageism is not absent. They want experienced people but they want those same people to be young and gullible.

Advice to Management

LM HQ, don't let the Austin office down. Visit often, participate at all levels, talk to people. The office space is lovely but the logistics are very difficult for locals.

Apr 27, 2018 – Senior Director of People Operations

Dear Former LogicMonitor Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We very much appreciate your feedback.

Creating an inclusive and collaborative culture where all... More