LogicMonitor Reviews | Glassdoor

LogicMonitor CEO Kevin McGibben
Kevin McGibben

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • LogicMonitor is growing very fast (in 4 reviews)

• Can be very fast paced, definitely have to hit the ground running (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

LogicMonitor employs a lot of really, really talented people. There is a great deal of creativity that is fostered with managers who care a lot about ideas coming to the surface. I'm excited to continue growing with a company that values individuality and innovation.

Cons

None to note as of now.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower teams to use creative thinking to solve problems! As we grow, there will be a need to alter the way things have always been done to allow for that growth, but be mindful of keeping the amazing culture that is present at LM!

2. "Culture Leading Innovation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here drives innovation through strong collaboration and encouragement to discuss, collaborate and even disagree. This allows everyone to come to the best possible solution without leaving anything behind.

Cons

Haven't found any downsides yet.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture as we grow and look towards future business models.

3. "Great People, Great Product....a few growing pains"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

We have done a great job of creating a phenomenal product . There is a level of autonomy where you get to take personal responsibility for the outcome of the product and how the company progresses and grows. The culture at LogicMonitor is absolutely special, not because of the perks or the location (which is not bad) but because of the emphasis on family and being this tight knit community. It also doesn't suck when people come to work because of their passion for the company/product and not just to collect a paycheck.

Cons

We run into growing pains (which any small-mid size company goes through). Priorities are constantly changing and its important to not lose sight of our goals through transitions. We also have to make sure we continue the culture that makes LM great...culture is home grown, not defined by management.

Advice to Management

- Continue to recognize the talent and weed out the fluff.
    - Transparency is also key, which can use some improvement (ie, a bottom up evaluation framework)
    - Continue to be innovative

4. "Great place to work with a few growing pains."

Current Employee - Technical Operations Engineer
    Current Employee - Technical Operations Engineer

Pros

Categorically, this is an incredible place, with people who not only support each other in their professional lives, but also in their personal ones. The work is constantly fast paced, challenging and rewarding.

One of the massive differentiators for this company from any other startup that I have worked for in the past is that we are one of our own biggest customers. Having that level of expertise and 24/7 involvement with out own product (from the point of view of the customer) brings every department closer to the user and gives a great sense of purpose beyond just building a company.

Cons

Going hand in hand with such a fast pace comes some growing pains. Having seen this transition point in other start-ups, fast becoming medium businesses, these are not uncommon issues, but issues none-the-less. With growth comes reorganization, and with reorganization comes some amount of confusion. While the primary goals, and underlying culture stay strong, there can be challenges on a day-to-day or project specific level which come with shifting priorities,

Advice to Management

I would love to see us embrace our stated "culture of openness" a bit more comprehensively. There are some things for which foreknowledge would not be detrimental to the rest of the company, and yet they seem to be in the works for a while without any communication.

5. "Good company, but know what you are signing up for"

I worked at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

- better platform than any competitor
    - appropriate pay
    - downtown location
    - fun perks

Cons

- high demands
    - little recognition
    - inconsistent work/life balance

6. "Great Interview Experience!"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

Yasmeen, Vianna, Jessica and the team were amazing at guiding me through the interview process. Very transparent and quick to respond when I had questions. Everyone I spoke with was nice, helpful and provided wonderful insight into the company. I'd met some amazing contacts who wanted to keep in touch regardless of the outcome.

It's easy to give a good review when you are hired, but my thoughts would be similar if I hadn't been hired or chosen LogicMonitor.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

None thus far.

"Great People, Product, and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team at LogicMonitor is made up of some of the best and brightest people I've ever worked with. Lots of personal ownership of the product and culture--people are passionate about the work that they do and care about the success of the product and the company as a whole. I've had a lot of opportunity to shape my experience here--tremendous chance to reap what you sow.

Cons

Typical growing pains associated with scaling quickly and hiring lots of people. Some communication issues between different teams, but pretty much everyone genuinely cares about improving processes and getting the job done.

Advice to Management

Make sure roles/responsibilities aren't duplicated as the hiring continues.

Apr 18, 2017 – People Operations

Thanks for such positive feedback! Undoubtedly the best perk at LogicMonitor is being surrounded by the smartest team you have ever met. We want everyone to truly own their success here so we are... More

"Good, not great"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

Smart, fun people. Beautiful offices, growing organization, ideas can be shared across teams.

Cons

Weak communication, corporate transparency is greatly lacking, and product vision is underwhelming.

Apr 18, 2017 – People Operations

Thanks for your input, we appreciate the feedback and definitely agree with you that LogicMonitor is a place for intelligent people that like to have fun. Although we have a strong product vision, an... More

9. "Unchecked leadership, poor communication, great pay"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

Pay is good, perks and benefits are awesome. Great if you want to hit autopilot and flush out work without questioning management or needing guidance, leadership or mentorship.

Cons

Leadership is cut throat, not transparent or kept in check. Decisions from top down without communication. Shell company- Marketed as having great culture, but underneath is blind, disorganized and chaotic.

Advice to Management

Pull some energy and focus from roadmap and "great culture" and channel it into facilitating a place for open communication throughout the ranks, transparent leadership and guidance when people need it.

Apr 18, 2017 – People Operations

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share what we are doing well and how we could do better! Our culture is great because we are a team that works hard and takes ownership... More

10. "Such a great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen
    Great pay
    Flexible Schedule
    Quarterly Goals for improving yourself

Cons

Do not yet match 401k

Advice to Management

looking forward to 401k Matching