LogicMonitor Reviews

4.5
LogicMonitor CEO Kevin McGibben
Kevin McGibben
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no cons that I've experienced yet(in 13 reviews)

• "Growing pains, figuring out a lot of processes as the business scales(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Interview Experience"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

-being intelligent is a huge advantage in order to make it to the actual assessment day as you have to first pass two CCATs and a personality test; -the assessment day is amazing and you get to do really interesting group activities with other candidates -they select people who are made for this job

Cons

- none that I can think of as long as you're made for this career; if you're an introvert or not confident, this is probably not the right job for you nor will you make it.

Continue reading
  2. "Incredible Culture and Drive to Win"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are committed to winning, treat their employees well, and recognize diversity and inclusion for everyone.

Cons

The only thing is how they bash the competition vs. respect them.

3. "Outstanding Beginnings"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been absolutely stunned by the hospitality and intelligence of everyone I've interacted with . Culture is often a noncommittal term that is often written down and spewed internally at a lot of organizations, but here the culture is readily apparent from the first interaction you have and more so each and every time after. On boarding is a well documented and delivered process from recruitment>people ops>self paced training that is a constant reminder of how you chose the right offer.

Cons

I have yet to come across any difficulties but be prepared for an intense recruitment process that is structured towards bringing folks capable of supporting world class product/culture to the organization.

"Creative Thinkers Need Not Apply"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing organization with opportunities in many functional areas

Cons

Conformity is the culture. No personalities allowed. Check this email from an application : Thank you for your interest in LogicMonitor. The next step in our process includes a brief pre-employment assessment. This scientific tool is used to ensure we have a fair and consistent measure against hiring criteria. The assessment is one of many factors taken into consideration when making hiring decisions. In fact, everyone at LogicMonitor, from our CEO to our Interns, has completed the assessment. Check out these tips to ensure you're ready to go. Here is what to Expect: The assessment is split up into 2 parts, cognitive and personality, and will take 30 minutes total to complete. For the Cognitive Assessment: US and UK Candidates: You have 15 minutes to answer 50 multiple choice questions across 3 categories: math and logic, verbal ability, and spatial reasoning. If English is not your first language, we can provide a language agnostic version. Let us know and we will send you an updated link with a new assessment. Do not take this assessment. Australia, Singapore, and India Candidates: You have 20 minutes to answer 40 multiple choice questions across 2 categories: math and logic, and spatial reasoning. Don't spend too much time on any one question. While the goal is to get as many answers correct as possible, best practice is to finish all the questions - even if this means you quickly guess on the last several questions if you are running out of time. There is no penalty for a wrong answer, so if you aren't sure of the answer after 45 seconds, make your best guess. You may use a pen and paper. You are NOT permitted to use calculators or any other problem-solving device such as Google. We do verify test results with a follow up assessment if you move further in the process. For the Personality Assessment: You are responding to statements about yourself; answer in a way that most accurately describes you. Please don't feel pressured to answer how you "think" the system wants you to answer. There are no right or wrong answers. This section is not timed, but will take about 10 – 15 minutes to complete. Read each question completely before you answer, as some questions may appear similar. After the assessment, our hiring team will review the results and follow up with you on the next steps. Make sure you have 30 minutes set aside with no distractions. The best thing you can do is prepare yourself as much as possible.

LogicMonitor Response

August 10, 2020

"A brilliant innovator fiercely advancing the future of IT." This is how we define our "LMers"; the people who have rapidly grown this company from an idea to the market leading infrastructure monitoring platform over the past 13 years. These pre-hire surveys have served as an essential ingredient in identifying people like yourself with above average problem solving, critical thinking, and ability to process new information, combined with a personality profile that varies by role to help ensure mutual success in a position. Look around. Watch the recent virtual talent show. You'll see a bevy of creative, diverse personalities here as people are required to bring their whole selves to work, learning and growing in passionate pursuit of the mission.

"Run away, don't walk!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people in non-management positions-they really care about others. Great product although it's overly complicated. Compensation is on par with market.

Cons

They tell you one thing in the interview, but then the job is completely different! Look at all the other negative reviews and you'll see a similar pattern. Also, when submitting a positive GlassDoor company review is on your Day 1 new hire checklist, you'll see how they are trying to drown out the authentic negative reviews (Good strategy-should have seen this red flag)!! The CSM and PM orgs have revolving doors-don't expect to spend more than 6 months there before some imaginative excuse is used to get rid of you. 401(k) match is 3%-mediocre at best. The product is overly complicated and lacks basic features like IPv6 support, a real working NetFlow product and restrictive API rate limits without any queuing for requests and it shows-customers are moving to DataDog, SolarWinds and others. Also, a SaaS infrastructure monitoring product that offers three 9s is umm sub-optimal. Last, but certainly not least, LM is a product-driven organization and what that means is, they will ignore the voice of customer and do what the 3 stooges (not my words, but funnily accurate) want. PS and Engineering groups are constantly at war! Remember companies that were at the top of their field, ignored the voice of the customer and did what they want aka made "technical sense"?-like Siebel, Blackberry, Palm, MySpace, Netscape, Kodak, etc, etc. You've been warned..

LogicMonitor Response

July 13, 2020

Thanks for sharing your your perspectives. We agree that our people ("LMers"), and the leading-edge product we've collectively delivered, are THE reason we've achieved tremendous, industry-leading growth and customer retention rates. As to your concerns, you are correct in that we regularly ask LMers of all tenure to post, in order to provide a robust view of the interview experience, on boarding, benefits, COVID-19 response, and all other aspects of the workplace that Glassdoor wants to hear about. All voices are encouraged, and with our explosive growth, much of our workforce has been hired in the last few years. As we share at our monthly Leadership Lean Ins, our LMer and customer retention and expansion numbers are better than leading industry benchmarks, with our three core pillars- #BetteryEveryDay, #OneTeam, and #CustomerObsessed - providing the framework to achieve this. It's not clear where some of your beliefs stem from but we would be happy to have a dialogue even as you embark on the next stage of your career journey. Best of luck!

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is wonderful. Everyone is smart, passionate, and seems excited to do their jobs. It is really motivating to be around and makes me want to do my best. I also appreciate that the leadership team is very transparent and does frequent Q&As.

Cons

The only con I have experienced is that since many of the employees here are on the younger side, there can be a bit of immaturity. Coming from a more professional environment at my last job, it can take a bit to get used to the bluntness and sarcasm. But it hasn't negatively impacted my experience too much.

"A wonderful place filled with wonderful people"

Current Employee - Global Human Resources Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ambitious, Conscientious, Optimistic, Introspective, Supportive, Data-driven. The folks I've met have been warm and friendly, and keen to make this a career rather than just a job. I'm told pretty regularly that the standards for hiring are high and that I deserve to be here, a message that seems to be universally spread to staff, which is great. It makes me feel valued and takes some of the stress out of starting a new role in a new city. Everyone seems to be on top of their game, and willing to communicate openly about what they are working on, what they need, and what they think needs to be better. Every action is distilled down from core values, so the company is always living by it's mission. I love that.

Cons

Very white and very male (but very very aware of it and working to change). Diversity is challenging in any tech space, but the staff here are aware of it and talk openly about what they are doing to change and what they could be doing better. They also think specifically about the issue, rather than talking in general platitudes. I look forward to the progress I'm sure we will make in this area.

8. "Great Onboarding Experience"

5.0

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

LogicMonitor has done a great job of creating a seamless and efficient onboarding experience even in the midst of having to get all new employees up to speed remotely

Cons

None that I can think of

9. "Off To a Great Start"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

LM did a great job of making sure I had all the tools I needed to WFH for my first day. So far they have done a great job of making all training virtual. I look forward to what else is in store for me.

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. "Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people creating a great environment. I'm excited that I get to work with such amazing talent on a day to day basis. The process is long but thorough which I can appreciate. The emphasis they put on personal and professional harmony is unlike any I've ever seen and it makes me excited to come back everyday.

Cons

The interview process can be rigid, too many assessments in my opinion, and 401k matching is not at market standard.

Found 208 reviews