LogicMonitor Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
LogicMonitor CEO Kevin McGibben
Kevin McGibben

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "One of my favorite parts about working at LogicMonitor is the great company culture" (in 11 reviews)

• "Great Benefits and an awesome work/life balance culture" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company is growing like crazy, so internal processes don't always catch up in time" (in 4 reviews)

• "Can be very fast paced, definitely have to hit the ground running" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome people, great benefits, beautiful view!"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

The people here are bright, collaborative, and embrace a big future. Everyone is working together towards a common goal and we are celebrating the many successes along the way. We work really hard but support each other and make sure to incorporate lots of laughs everyday. The office is beautiful- from the 5th floor in downtown Santa Barbara (a rare perspective) we can see the glistening Pacific ocean to the left and the Los Padres mountains to the right. The benefits are great: 100% employer paid for medical/dental/vision for employee only, stock options, daily company sponsored workouts, stocked kitchen, $100 gym/parking stipend, fun events, and professional development reimbursement.

Cons

With growth, comes the growing pains of needing to change to become a larger company. I see it as a unique opportunity to take initiative, grow your career and build new things!

Advice to Management

Stay connected with the people and keep our culture strong as we grow. Make sure that the infrastructure and people support teams grow proportionately to continue providing excellent service to our people and the business.

2. "Great Company, Great People, Great Location"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people here are bright, collaborative, and want to be successful
    - Management does a great job giving and receiving consistent feedback via assigning individual mentors, weekly 1 on 1 meetings with mentor and management, and quarterly and annual reviews/scorecards.
    - Excellent on-boarding process, ongoing training and career development incentives
    - Use latest technology
    - The office is beautiful- from the 5th floor in downtown Santa Barbara (a rare perspective) we can see the glistening Pacific ocean to the left

Cons

Recently acquired by Vista Equity Partners, therefore, people are unsure on how new ownership will change company culture and daily roles. I see it as a unique opportunity to take initiative, grow your career and build new things!

3. "Interview/Onboarding"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The interview is really thorough and really interactive
    - Really make you feel welcome and wanted
    - Onboarding seems intense, but they really set you for success
    - Fully Stocked kitchen

Cons

None that I can think of

Jun 21, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Dear Employee,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our interview and on-boarding processes. Happy to have you part of the LogicMonitor family! Please feel free to reach... More

4. "Challenging but fun"

Current Employee - Monitoring Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Monitoring Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team full of competent people, you get to build a great product that is going places. Great work life balance.

Cons

The company is growing up and there are some growing pains. There is some distraction and ambiguity as the company enters a new stage.

Advice to Management

Don't loose focus on the product. It's the biggest differentiator in a crowded and highly compeitive segment segment.

Jun 5, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Dear LogicMonitor Employee,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are happy to hear that it's been challenging and fun for you.

Preserving our culture is really important to us... More

5. "Exciting, and fast paced. This organization is lean and we'll positioned in the market space."

Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor (More than a year)

Pros

Greatest people I've ever worked with. Dynamic and adaptable, with excellent benefits to boot.

Cons

Requires buy-in. You're either with them it against them. There is employee churn if the fit isn't right.

"Customer Success Manager (in Austin office)"

I worked at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

Smart bunch of people! Impressive product! Admirable revenue growth!

Cons

Experience differential between headquarters and Austin office of management team. LOTS of new managers, which is part of the startup challenge, but does not seem to be enough support to properly develop solid skills. Ageism is not absent. They want experienced people but they want those same people to be young and gullible.

Advice to Management

LM HQ, don't let the Austin office down. Visit often, participate at all levels, talk to people. The office space is lovely but the logistics are very difficult for locals.

Apr 27, 2018 – Senior Director of People Operations

Dear Former LogicMonitor Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We very much appreciate your feedback.

Creating an inclusive and collaborative culture where all... More

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Little micro-managing, big group of happy people working together.

Cons

Company is picking up speed and there are some growth pains, but positives outweigh the negatives by a lot. Work hard and you will do well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, loving the amount of effort going to maintain the culture.

"Love my job!"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits Package:
    The LogicMonitor benefits package is one of the best out there. It is clear that the company cares about the needs of its employees. Unlimited PTO and a $1k bonus for completely unplugging from work for a week!

Stellar Team:
    Some of the brightest people I have had the privilege of working with. Everyone works hard but also likes to have a fun time in the office. I have felt comfortable talking to employees at all levels in the organization.

Growth:
    LogicMonitor is experiencing extreme growth and is predicted to continue on this trajectory. It is exciting to be a part of an organization that is experiencing great success. LogicMonitor moves incredibly quickly and there is never a dull moment here.

Company Culture:
    There are always events being put on and there is a lot of participation from the whole company. Happy hours, sports teams, free yoga classes, you name it!

Location:
    LogicMonitor is headquartered in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA and has recently moved into a new office that has a balcony that looks over the whole city. The view here really never gets old.

I really do feel lucky to have a job that makes me excited to come into work every day.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to make LogicMonitor a place where employees feel comfortable innovating, expressing their opinions, and making an impact.

9. "Account Executive"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

Great product and amazing team.

Cons

Operational hiccups that with time should be easily overcome.

10. "It's a ride"

I have been working at LogicMonitor full-time

Pros

Smart folks to work with and a general attitude of just getting stuff done, especially in the technical arena. There is always work to do, but also latitude and encouragement to work on technical projects of your choosing as long as you are getting your assigned tasks and projects completed. Some major features and integrations have come from engineers doing just this.

Cons

It is not for the feint of heart. Things are moving fast which leads to a lack of structure. This is a positive for some but not all as it can be frustrating to not receive constant feedback. Those who work hard are generally rewarded, though not necessarily on the timeframe they may hope for.

Advice to Management

More formalized titles and compensation ranges