Lone Star Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lone Star Steakhouse Interview Questions

1.6

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Elsinore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Lake Elsinore, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very casual and informal interview process- more conversational if anything. I basically just showed up, described my work experience, history with sales and customer service. There were not many questions to answer, more "tell me about yourself" "tell me about a time" type of conversation.

Interview Questions

• What I would focus on to increase check size?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I knew someone that was working there already, so it really wasn't much of an interview. I just sat and talked to the manager and she told me they were opening another location. She asked if I would be interested in working the new restaurant for the grand opening and I said sure!

Hostess Interview

Interview

Walked in and asked to fill out an application and once i finished it i asked to talk to a manager. They decided to interview me on the spot and after the interview went pretty well they offered me a job starting the next day. All you need to be is personable and show some work ethic.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse.

Interview

I was interviewed face to face with the Area Director. I felt very good about the whole process. 3 days later he called to say the Regional wanted to do a phone interview. Very nice guy, the whole interview lasted 20 minutes. 2 days later the A.D. called to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite sports team   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a lot as a base salary to turn this restaurant around. My take home pay now is between 5 and 6 K per month

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Wilmington, DE) in January 2013.

Interview

I walked in, filled out and application and had a brief on the spot interview. I was hired that day. The interview was beyond basic and ended up being more about my personality than skills.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

You sit, wait, get asked questions off of a sheet and then wait for the call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Springfield, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone with the corp. recruiter. She set up a second interview with the AD. It was a 3 hour drive one way for me to go to this interview, and it was fairly early in the morning. I did get a call on my way back home, asking me to check my email for a background check authorization form. I did not hear from anyone for well over a week after that.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any unexpected or difficult questions. Everything that was asked, was pretty normal and easy   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a very easy time with salary negotiations. I gave them my requirement and it was accepted.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Middletown, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

I actually interviewed twice. The general manager was catty and seemed more interested in superficial reasons for hiring, but I was able to get an interview with the front of house manager and he questioned me about my past work and my willingness to learn and work hard. I was glad that I was given a second interview with a manger more interested in good work ethic than a "mean girls" mentality. I was offered the job after the second interview pending training and a validation process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served before?   1 Answer

Server Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse in July 2011.

Interview

Walked in, after lunch rush, with my resume in hand, indeed used myself to host and ask to speak to the manager. Ended up interviewing on the spot and had an offer within 30 minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Na

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeton, MO

Application

I interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Bridgeton, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

The process was easy. I came to the restaurant and asked to fill out an application. I don't remember how long the whole process was but not very

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions but the interview was easy and fairly short. I think they were mainly customer service question. I think all they wanted was to see you and if you had a positive personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, set hourly wage