LoopNet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Sort:

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview began as a group. One of the head guys comes in and tells you all about the company and explains the position. After group introductions, you are taken individually for a one on one interview with a regional manager. The one one one interview is pretty straight forward. After the group interview you are given a prompt. You are to prepare a sales pitch to a manager and sell them furniture. After the presentation, they hand you a survey to complete which contains a lot of recall of information from the interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a quick phone interview with a recruiter then a voicemail message (Pointless) and an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you random questions and really dig down your resume. I interviewed with 4 sales managers and it took 2 hours at the office.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LoopNet (Monrovia, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I got an interview with Loopnet through a recruiter and was told the HR representative wanted to speak to me first. After having a brief phone interview with her (she asked all standard HR questions), she set me up with an interview with the hiring manager.

I went in expecting the interview to last maybe about an hour but it ended up last 4 hours. The manager I met with really enjoyed talking - he spent the first hour giving me all the history of the company. He asked me the typical questions (what have I been working on, what do I want to work on, etc). At the end, he gave me a skills test with questions focused on ASP.Net, C# and SQL.

I went for the interview with ASP.Net and C# skills and very minimal SQL. I was told that was fine since this was not a DBA position. On the skills test, I fell short on the SQL part which I expected but the manager seemed to really not like that. He kept telling me that these are things I should know - when I mentioned that I had not much experience with SQL, especially not with live databases, he would reiterate that he doesn't need another DBA so that was fine, but then go on again about how little I know.

I didn't feel like the manager and I were a very good fit. He kept telling me through the whole interview how much I could learn from him and how lucky I was that he knew so much. He also spent a lot of time talking negatively about his team, telling me how bad they were and how he was going to have to fire someone in order to take me on. He would tell me how he doesn't micromanage but he can hear questions being asked between cubes so he knows who's dumb and who's not. Seriously, he put it like that. I didn't really know how to respond to this but personally, it's not an environment I want to work in.

At the end, he told me that he wanted me to come back later in the week to meet with his DBA and to study up on SQL. Again, I didn't understand why - studying SQL did not seem like something beneficial, to me or to the company. Apparently his DBA is his right hand man and he doesn't hire anyone without him meeting with them first. However, because this interview had already taken 4 hours, I was really reluctant to go back.

It ended up taking over a week for them to call and at that point, I had decided that I didn't want to go for the second interview. I was told a week later that there was another position open on another team but I had already found something else so I didn't go back. Overall, it was a pretty bad interview experience although I learned a lot about what I did not want in a manager.

Interview Questions

• SQL: What is the difference between DELETE vs Truncate?   Answer Question
    • What are some benefits of ViewState in ASP.Net?   Answer Question
    • What is a Web Farm?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if I came to you and asked you to enter into our database all the names and phone numbers of everyone in the phone book?   Answer Question
    • What does nolock do in SQL?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straightforward:

Phone Call: Be yourself, more than anything this is to make sure you don't sound like a child/badger. Cheerful, happy, enthusiastic.

Group Interview/Presentation: Don't worry about anybody else in the room. If they had a single thing going for them they wouldn't be interviewing at Loopnet. You're in for an entry level sales gig, that's it. Nobody has a single thing going for them.

Final Interview: They'll interview you in a 1-2-2-1-1 format. Basically they're seeing how you handle stressful situations and they're looking for someone who can close. Close them, walk with the job. No big deal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or they will offer it to one of the 30 other people up for the job.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

pretty bad - made me wait for 30 minutes and than took 1 hour of nonstop pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

They have there HR recruiter call you and screen your background and talk about the position. If you get through that you leave 1-3 minute voicemail about yourself and why you want the position. Then you meet with the regional manager for a 1:1 interview. Then you meet 2 sales managers. Then if they like your vibe they'll call you back. Once you get the call you have 2 more 1:1 interviews then you go through about 5 or 6 panel interviews with 2 or 3 sales managers at a time. At the end you meet with the regional manager you meet with on the first day and you here back relatively quickly with the feedback and offer.

-They all ask the same question gets very tedious. Stick to your answers and be confident they have all been in your shoes.

The reason they didn't give me the position because they thought I would be bored with the position. Which is very true.

Btw very casual work environment. Try not to dress in a suit. recommend you Dress in a tie, slack,and shirt instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

In a group of 8 people, 3 managers came in and talked to us about the company. They told us that a total of 36 people were being interviewed for a total of 6 positions, and they wanted people with no experience so they could train them themselves. We were first asked what our life long goal was. The next part was a quick 5 minute 1 on 1 interview. We then had 15 minutes each to prepare a 5 minute presentation which consisted us pretending to be a travel agent. We finally rejoined as a group and they talked again for about 30 minutes and then we had to fill out a questionnaire containing both review questions to see if we were listening and standard interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This was probably the worst interviewing experience I have ever had. Not only did the interview process start 15 minutes late but it was 3.5 hrs long because they simply booked and offered too many people to come in for the event. I thought they were extremely unprofessional and casual and you can tell they didn't really care about the people individually but just seeing who can stroke the companies ego more. I felt like I was in high school again sitting at the table and all candidates raising their hands, asking questions and naming facts.

The one on one interview was fine and we were asked to pitch furniture as a presentation. During my presentation the guy who was interviewing me was looking out the window and not paying attention. Really unprofessional and discouraging.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie and tell me why I should watch it.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

I interviewed with Loopnet who is now owned by CoStar, so Loopnet is more of a subdivision of the company.

Overall I thought the interview process was very slow and somewhat unprofessional. After phone screens with the President followed by on-site interviews with key members, I had to go through the CEO via video conf which the CEO was unable to make time for. Got scheduled with the CEO on 4 different appointments and got last-minute cancellations every time.

On the last reschedule I candidly mentioned to the recruiter that I now have a different offer on the table, and request if they can expedite this. I ended up not hearing back from them again, which I thought was very unprofessional. IMO very poor way to treat candidates who have spent time deep into the process, but perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as it makes my decision to accept the other offer a lot easier!

Makes me wonder the culture and process of the company if everything is reliant on the CEO, with other "executives" not able to move forward and make their own decision. Granted this is for a VP position but I bet you if I am interviewing with Mark Zuckerberg or Tim Cook they would arrange their calendar no problem, or empower their team to do the right thing. What a shame as I like what they are doing and can take them to the next level.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

They LOVE to play good cop/bad cop. One Regional Manager is always warm, the other questions whether or not you'd be a good fit and acts like you shouldn't be there. Upper management will do the typical sales role play. Most are hard to read, but they make it seem like you arent worth their time. Just be resilient and stick to your answer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiating salary