LoopNet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LoopNet Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2017

3.4

Vice President Interview

Interview

I interviewed with Loopnet who is now owned by CoStar, so Loopnet is more of a subdivision of the company.

Overall I thought the interview process was very slow and somewhat unprofessional. After phone screens with the President followed by on-site interviews with key members, I had to go through the CEO via video conf which the CEO was unable to make time for. Got scheduled with the CEO on 4 different appointments and got last-minute cancellations every time.

On the last reschedule I candidly mentioned to the recruiter that I now have a different offer on the table, and request if they can expedite this. I ended up not hearing back from them again, which I thought was very unprofessional. IMO very poor way to treat candidates who have spent time deep into the process, but perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as it makes my decision to accept the other offer a lot easier!

Makes me wonder the culture and process of the company if everything is reliant on the CEO, with other "executives" not able to move forward and make their own decision. Granted this is for a VP position but I bet you if I am interviewing with Mark Zuckerberg or Tim Cook they would arrange their calendar no problem, or empower their team to do the right thing. What a shame as I like what they are doing and can take them to the next level.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet.

Interview

A couple of interviews. One Group one Round Robin.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a quick phone interview with a recruiter then a voicemail message (Pointless) and an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you random questions and really dig down your resume. I interviewed with 4 sales managers and it took 2 hours at the office.   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It is a long process and I'm unsure if it is the same process after the current merger. From my experience, I had a phone interview with the human resource manager. I then had to leave a "sale pitch" voicemail stating why I should get the job. After I "passed" the test, I had a phone interview with one of the head sales manager. I then had a long day filled with back to back interviews with two of the three head managers in-charge of the sales team as well as 6 regional managers (2 at a time).

Interview Questions

• One of the regional managers that I interviewed with made me sell her the pencil she was holding. That was definitely unexpected. Fun, but unexpected.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview began as a group. One of the head guys comes in and tells you all about the company and explains the position. After group introductions, you are taken individually for a one on one interview with a regional manager. The one one one interview is pretty straight forward. After the group interview you are given a prompt. You are to prepare a sales pitch to a manager and sell them furniture. After the presentation, they hand you a survey to complete which contains a lot of recall of information from the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This was probably the worst interviewing experience I have ever had. Not only did the interview process start 15 minutes late but it was 3.5 hrs long because they simply booked and offered too many people to come in for the event. I thought they were extremely unprofessional and casual and you can tell they didn't really care about the people individually but just seeing who can stroke the companies ego more. I felt like I was in high school again sitting at the table and all candidates raising their hands, asking questions and naming facts.

The one on one interview was fine and we were asked to pitch furniture as a presentation. During my presentation the guy who was interviewing me was looking out the window and not paying attention. Really unprofessional and discouraging.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie and tell me why I should watch it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straightforward:

Phone Call: Be yourself, more than anything this is to make sure you don't sound like a child/badger. Cheerful, happy, enthusiastic.

Group Interview/Presentation: Don't worry about anybody else in the room. If they had a single thing going for them they wouldn't be interviewing at Loopnet. You're in for an entry level sales gig, that's it. Nobody has a single thing going for them.

Final Interview: They'll interview you in a 1-2-2-1-1 format. Basically they're seeing how you handle stressful situations and they're looking for someone who can close. Close them, walk with the job. No big deal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or they will offer it to one of the 30 other people up for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

In a group of 8 people, 3 managers came in and talked to us about the company. They told us that a total of 36 people were being interviewed for a total of 6 positions, and they wanted people with no experience so they could train them themselves. We were first asked what our life long goal was. The next part was a quick 5 minute 1 on 1 interview. We then had 15 minutes each to prepare a 5 minute presentation which consisted us pretending to be a travel agent. We finally rejoined as a group and they talked again for about 30 minutes and then we had to fill out a questionnaire containing both review questions to see if we were listening and standard interview questions.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was a group interview with candidates all similarly qualified (recent graduates with little to no experience). Each candidate was taken out of the group to have a separate one on one interview. there were a few unexpected surprises thrown into the interview. the surprises were there to see how candidates would react to unexpected situations, how candidates interacted with people, and to see what sales skills/instincts people had. They really did a good job of selling the position (8hrs a day of only phone sales). They gave a tour of the office and I see why a recent graduate would have a good time working there, there are over 90+ young, social people working there

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Quick and Easy - They hire on volume:
    Mine was an initial phone interview plus an in-person interview. The in person was a panel interview where they asked me usual sales interview questions that can be found online. The panel played good cop bad cop with me, if anything I was somewhat sketched out on how quickly the process went. It wasn't until after I started working there that I realized they had a hiring class every month. Out of my class (7) there were only two us at the end of 90 days.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      What is motivating you to be in sales?
      How do you deal with rejection?
      How would you sell me X. Pencil, Marker any object etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate