LoopNet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LoopNet Interview Questions

3.3

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet.

Interview

A couple of interviews. One Group one Round Robin.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a quick phone interview with a recruiter then a voicemail message (Pointless) and an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you random questions and really dig down your resume. I interviewed with 4 sales managers and it took 2 hours at the office.   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It is a long process and I'm unsure if it is the same process after the current merger. From my experience, I had a phone interview with the human resource manager. I then had to leave a "sale pitch" voicemail stating why I should get the job. After I "passed" the test, I had a phone interview with one of the head sales manager. I then had a long day filled with back to back interviews with two of the three head managers in-charge of the sales team as well as 6 regional managers (2 at a time).

Interview Questions

• One of the regional managers that I interviewed with made me sell her the pencil she was holding. That was definitely unexpected. Fun, but unexpected.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview began as a group. One of the head guys comes in and tells you all about the company and explains the position. After group introductions, you are taken individually for a one on one interview with a regional manager. The one one one interview is pretty straight forward. After the group interview you are given a prompt. You are to prepare a sales pitch to a manager and sell them furniture. After the presentation, they hand you a survey to complete which contains a lot of recall of information from the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

This was probably the worst interviewing experience I have ever had. Not only did the interview process start 15 minutes late but it was 3.5 hrs long because they simply booked and offered too many people to come in for the event. I thought they were extremely unprofessional and casual and you can tell they didn't really care about the people individually but just seeing who can stroke the companies ego more. I felt like I was in high school again sitting at the table and all candidates raising their hands, asking questions and naming facts.

The one on one interview was fine and we were asked to pitch furniture as a presentation. During my presentation the guy who was interviewing me was looking out the window and not paying attention. Really unprofessional and discouraging.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie and tell me why I should watch it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straightforward:

Phone Call: Be yourself, more than anything this is to make sure you don't sound like a child/badger. Cheerful, happy, enthusiastic.

Group Interview/Presentation: Don't worry about anybody else in the room. If they had a single thing going for them they wouldn't be interviewing at Loopnet. You're in for an entry level sales gig, that's it. Nobody has a single thing going for them.

Final Interview: They'll interview you in a 1-2-2-1-1 format. Basically they're seeing how you handle stressful situations and they're looking for someone who can close. Close them, walk with the job. No big deal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or they will offer it to one of the 30 other people up for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

In a group of 8 people, 3 managers came in and talked to us about the company. They told us that a total of 36 people were being interviewed for a total of 6 positions, and they wanted people with no experience so they could train them themselves. We were first asked what our life long goal was. The next part was a quick 5 minute 1 on 1 interview. We then had 15 minutes each to prepare a 5 minute presentation which consisted us pretending to be a travel agent. We finally rejoined as a group and they talked again for about 30 minutes and then we had to fill out a questionnaire containing both review questions to see if we were listening and standard interview questions.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was a group interview with candidates all similarly qualified (recent graduates with little to no experience). Each candidate was taken out of the group to have a separate one on one interview. there were a few unexpected surprises thrown into the interview. the surprises were there to see how candidates would react to unexpected situations, how candidates interacted with people, and to see what sales skills/instincts people had. They really did a good job of selling the position (8hrs a day of only phone sales). They gave a tour of the office and I see why a recent graduate would have a good time working there, there are over 90+ young, social people working there

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at LoopNet (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Quick and Easy - They hire on volume:
    Mine was an initial phone interview plus an in-person interview. The in person was a panel interview where they asked me usual sales interview questions that can be found online. The panel played good cop bad cop with me, if anything I was somewhat sketched out on how quickly the process went. It wasn't until after I started working there that I realized they had a hiring class every month. Out of my class (7) there were only two us at the end of 90 days.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      What is motivating you to be in sales?
      How do you deal with rejection?
      How would you sell me X. Pencil, Marker any object etc.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LoopNet (Monrovia, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I got an interview with Loopnet through a recruiter and was told the HR representative wanted to speak to me first. After having a brief phone interview with her (she asked all standard HR questions), she set me up with an interview with the hiring manager.

I went in expecting the interview to last maybe about an hour but it ended up last 4 hours. The manager I met with really enjoyed talking - he spent the first hour giving me all the history of the company. He asked me the typical questions (what have I been working on, what do I want to work on, etc). At the end, he gave me a skills test with questions focused on ASP.Net, C# and SQL.

I went for the interview with ASP.Net and C# skills and very minimal SQL. I was told that was fine since this was not a DBA position. On the skills test, I fell short on the SQL part which I expected but the manager seemed to really not like that. He kept telling me that these are things I should know - when I mentioned that I had not much experience with SQL, especially not with live databases, he would reiterate that he doesn't need another DBA so that was fine, but then go on again about how little I know.

I didn't feel like the manager and I were a very good fit. He kept telling me through the whole interview how much I could learn from him and how lucky I was that he knew so much. He also spent a lot of time talking negatively about his team, telling me how bad they were and how he was going to have to fire someone in order to take me on. He would tell me how he doesn't micromanage but he can hear questions being asked between cubes so he knows who's dumb and who's not. Seriously, he put it like that. I didn't really know how to respond to this but personally, it's not an environment I want to work in.

At the end, he told me that he wanted me to come back later in the week to meet with his DBA and to study up on SQL. Again, I didn't understand why - studying SQL did not seem like something beneficial, to me or to the company. Apparently his DBA is his right hand man and he doesn't hire anyone without him meeting with them first. However, because this interview had already taken 4 hours, I was really reluctant to go back.

It ended up taking over a week for them to call and at that point, I had decided that I didn't want to go for the second interview. I was told a week later that there was another position open on another team but I had already found something else so I didn't go back. Overall, it was a pretty bad interview experience although I learned a lot about what I did not want in a manager.

Interview Questions

• SQL: What is the difference between DELETE vs Truncate?   Answer Question
    • What are some benefits of ViewState in ASP.Net?   Answer Question
    • What is a Web Farm?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if I came to you and asked you to enter into our database all the names and phone numbers of everyone in the phone book?   Answer Question
    • What does nolock do in SQL?   Answer Question