Los Angeles Metro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.7

Senior Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pre-qualifying interview with a formal panel of three alternating to ask questions. General questions on experience with the procurement process. Interview is conducted at the LA Metro HR department. Very quick interview lasting no more than 30 minutes. Received notification within two days that I had passed the interview and had been added to the pool of pre-qualified applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with an internal customer who had did not want to participate in the procurement process.   Answer Question

Video Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online.After a week i received interview call.3 person board interview was taken for around 45mins. After interview email received notifying that i have been on the × Candidate Pool. After two week of the email contacted with Hr personal and noticed that someone else has been choosen for the post.

Supervising Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and submitted a resume. The interview took place in person and lasted for a few hours. Interviewed with direct report supervisor and his superior. It was fairly straightforward and nothing out of the ordinary in questioning.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They conducted the interview based on a questionnaire that they have. I was being asked about my knowledge of the company and my skill set. The whole process was pretty simple, just Q&A about your skills.

ELT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Terrible process that took 4 months from the time my resume was sent to 3 weeks after the second interview when no one called me. When I finally gave them a call they gave me this bogus 'I left you a message' - which they did not, and then told me it wasn't important that I got the message, but just so you know we don't think you're the right fit for our department

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in 5 years? Past work experience. What I'm good at/passionate about.   Answer Question

Transportation Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a Skype interview. The panel was mainly technical (Director of the office where the position was going to be attached, Director of Policy, senior staff), who took turns asking questions. It was under 30 minutes. I really felt under pressure and the "climate" was pretty cold, but I think these impressions are also partly due to the fact I wasn't prepared enough.

Interview Questions

• This was a while ago, these are the ones I remember:
      - Open question about me / my experience
      - Experience regarding innovation and research (an important part of the job description)
      - Is there something else we should know about you?
      Answer Question

Transportation Planner I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I had to wait 6 months for the first interview. The staff was considerate, polite, and straight-forward (good/bad depending how you look at it) - panel of 3, with each interviewer exuding a different personality. One of the interviewers was late. I typically get turned off by these things, but she apologized. She then asked questions to test how well I would respond to the software they use. She would move on with a nonchalant tone of voice as if she wasn't interested or in a hurry as well.

I have to wait at least a month to hear a response from HR, and they still have 4 other candidates to interview. I don't have specialized coursework, but I have a wider scope from a diverse breadth of coursework. I think they will go with a candidate with specialized coursework but with a narrow scope. Probably won't get the job... 20% I get it.

Interview Questions

• Are you a US citizen?
      What is the most important thing to a project?
      1 Answer

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It is an extensive process, it will take up to 3+ months to receive a job offer and schedule your training. The hiring process consists of two parts: 1st part is a written test, interview and attend a hiring session. You will receive invitation to take written test few days after you submit application. Test consists of basic math and English (nothing you need to study for). Then, if successful you will be schedule for an interview. The interview will be approximately 3 weeks from the time you took your written test. Interview is 1:1 with transit supervisor. They ask you basic customer service related questions and scenarios to see how you would handle particular passenger issues. If successful, they will make you stay for fingerprinting. Then, you are invited to attend a hiring session, another 3 weeks. This session is mandatory! They go over the second part of the hiring process and expectations during training. Few days after, they will schedule you for BOCAT assessment. This assessment consists of you sitting in the operator's chair, simulate driving, life a wheelchair up the ramp, etc. (pretty much see if you can physically perform the duties of an operator). Then, after few weeks, you are schedule for a drug & alcohol testing and medical examination. If successful, you will be issued a medical certificate and must go to DMV to take commerical written test. After you fax BP permit, you will be given a job offer, an orientation date and a tentative start date. Training start date will be approximately 3-4 weeks from the time you submit your DMV permit paperwork.

Interview Questions

• During the boarding of passengers, you notice that someone puts insufficient funds in the fare box. After you call it to his attention, he accuses you of being a liar. How would you handle the situation?   2 Answers

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro in April 2015.

Interview

Applied/submitted application online, about 2 weeks later I received a phone call offering a interview in person at the job location. Two days later I received a email notifying me that I was on the qualified candidates pool. Just over a week later I received a phone call asking if I wanted the internship position to which I replied yes. The following week I did my finger prints/background check and paper work and the following week I had my orientation.

Interview Questions

• What relevant work/school/personal experience can you provide?
      What is your excel/word/PowerPoint proficiency?
      How do you handle pressure?
      Can you multitask?
      What is your availability like?
      Answer Question

Bus Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

takes about 2 months have to keep coming back every week for some other part of the interview, this is not a job to pursue if youre looking for work soon, be prepared to wait for at least 2 months just to get an offer

Interview Questions

• tell us about a situation where you had to hold your composure   Answer Question