KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Los Angeles Metro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 46 of over 46 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Los Angeles Metro

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro in Jul 2022

Interview

Interview was done at one of their hiring events. The process was easy. They had people guiding you at each step. Interview was done by 2 people/panel style. They gave you scenario questions and wrote down your answers. One of the questions was about what you would do if you saw your good friend/co-worker stealing from someone else's locker. Another was about what would do if you encountered someone that didn't speak English. In general, seemed more geared toward interpersonal skills. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • They gave you scenario questions and wrote down your answers. One of the questions was about what you would do if you saw your good friend/co-worker stealing from someone else's locker. Another was about what would do if you encountered someone that didn't speak English. In general, seemed more geared toward interpersonal skill
    Answer Question

Los Angeles Metro

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro

Interview

“Bossy” and “High heeled steel toe boots” These are the words that resonate with me still after my interview process with LA Metro Information Technology Systems. The hiring manager and interview panel members were all old Asian men. When I was asked about future career goals, I mentioned that I would like to be in a leadership role involving process improvement and program management. The hiring manager said “so you like being bossy.” What an unoriginal comment because of course women who want leadership roles are “bossy” but men who want leadership roles have “initiative”. Cue eye roll. One of the other interview panel members asked me if I owned a pair of “high heeled steel toe boots” to walk the construction sites. I was so caught off guard by the question that all I could say was no. The other interview panel members just laughed. One of the interview panel members was completely rude and disengaged while on video. He was late, sitting back in his chair, and staring down at his phone. He was so distracted by his phone that he didn’t realize it was his turn to ask questions off the list they were using. He had to ask the other interviewer which number they were on! The recruiter aeon group is absolute garbage. She is disorganized and erratic. Her email domain was disabled and she was unreachable for over a week. Seems like she might not have renewed her domain registration or failed to pay her internet bill. I was given an offer but negotiations shut down because the recruiter refused to negotiate the rate and immediately rejected my counter saying “I wish you the best of luck”. Then, about 2 weeks later, I get an email from the recruiter offering $2.50 more and also including insurance, acting like the previous conversation never happened. Overall, I dodged a bullet with a sexist team and a bumbling fool of a recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • Do you own a pair of high heeled steel toe boots?

Los Angeles Metro

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro

Interview

I applied, heard back roughly 2-3 weeks afterwards. It seemed like a pretty typical interview starting off with the basic questions then further asking about your interests specific to the position + your background that may relate. They said they'd get back to me in about 2 weeks. It's been about 2 months with no further contact since the interview, so don't expect them to actually follow up with results unless theyre extending an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here, what experiences do you have that relate to the position, what improvements could the LA metro make, etc

Los Angeles Metro

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro

Interview

The interview and review process is very lengthy. To become a qualified candidate an assessment consisting of multiple components including typing speed and excel functions must be passed. Thereafter, group interview are scheduled. Panelists will each ask a set of pre-selected questions. During one interview, they gave an allotted time to respond, if it took longer they would cut you off. Interview questions are standard -assessing previous experience and relevance to position.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you handled multiple tasks. Provide an example.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (El Monte, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

Panel of people who ask the same question 7 times and only hire their friends. It’s a racist group of people who want the laziest most incompetent people hired as they don’t have a clue of how to do their job.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever managed a contract asked 7 times.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

The questions through me off and I honestly don’t think it’s a right or wrong answer they just wanna see if you have common sense besides that it was a good interview

Interview Questions
  • If a supervisor told you to drive a bus and you know that it will cause an injury would you drive the bus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

The meeting was taken place at Metro downtown with several designers. Everyone was friendly. Good experience. Creative director and senior designers were present. Work on portfolio was presented on screen and we discuss processes and directions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

For this position, I had to pass an online test to be put into the system. Then I was selected for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 panelists. Pretty straightforward in that they each alternated and asked me a question from their list.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Reston, VA) in Aug 2020

Interview

phone interview discuss past projects skill sets tools no c questions asked . Some discrepancy between what was on req and what they were looking for. Did not really have position for my experience level

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Went very well. Easy to get through especially if you know about cleaning products. I watched a few videos on YouTube on how to use floor cleaners. And other cleaning products

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Interviews

Los Angeles Metro Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Los Angeles Metro as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.71 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Administrative Intern and Bus Operator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Custodian and Graphic Designer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Los Angeles Metro takes an average of 58 days when considering 47 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Custodian roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 93 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Los Angeles Metro according to 47 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 27.12%