Love Culture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Love Culture (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

1st: accounting manager
    2nd: VP finance

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Love Culture (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. It was a group interview so I only answered one question, and I got the job. Stepping stone for other retail jobs. The managers are super chill and laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Love Culture (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

You initially do an interview with the store manager. From there you meet with the Area Visual Merchandiser who speaks to you about the company, the growth that's been through and the growth that it is ultimately trying to achieve. They let you know the history of the company, how it is visually driven, the size of the store and the hours. They are also quick to make sure that you understand that the pay is on the lower end of what you would normally expect. After they are made aware of your salary requirements, personal work history, personal goals and have viewed your portfolio, they let you know that they will contact you if they decided to move forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your previous retail experiences will help you here at Love Culture?   2 Answers

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Love Culture in September 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and district manager for a visual merchandiser position. They asked the basic interview questions: "Tell me about yourself.", "Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?", etc. They only asked about 5 questions. The rest of the interview consisted of ME asking THEM questions about the position and the company. Most of their answers were good, but I did catch them off guard with some questions. I think I may have intimidated them a bit. I wasn't asked to style a mannequin or re-merchandise a display, which was unusual for a visual merchandising interview.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Love Culture (Woodbridge, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Store number 75 was opening in Woodbridge mall and I happened to be there on the day they were interviewing. I got a random interview and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was an associate at first. One of the visuals left to another company. The manager knew I was interested and was studying fashion so she asked if I wanted to try visual. At first I liked it but then it was to much work for what I was getting paid.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Love Culture (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

interview process pretty simple, candidates should have knowledge on the latest fashion trends and have a creative mind set

Interview Questions

• there were not too many difficult questions the hardest thing was dress a mannequin right on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes, you are able to negotiate your pay and the staff was welcoming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Love Culture (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Disclaimer: I had an interview about 4 years ago therefore I will provide the approximate time for the interview and provide as much as I can recall.

I applied online and called a week later to confirm an interview since I had not been contacted yet. The manager tells me that someone would contact me shortly. I then receive a call within a few days for an interview. The interview was with the manager and supervisor for approximately 20 minutes discussing my background and experience. Overall, very general questions. They also let you know they are looking for someone who doesn't mind carrying 50 lbs (mainly the mannequins). I was then instructed to style three looks within 10-15 minutes. Once the time was up, I had to present my looks to the manager and supervisor. The interview concludes after this.

I did not get a call back and it may have been due to my lack of experience with visual merchandising. I, however, have experience in retail. I would highly suggest for an interviewee to arrive early to scope the store for the three looks, view the merchandise a few days prior, or view the garments online. Good luck!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Love Culture in November 2010.

Interview

You can either turn your resume in stores or apply online or through craigslist. An assistant manager will most likely contact you to set up an interview with a store manager. The store manager will then do a in person interview, and if your meeting all there qualifications she will then call you a week or so later and offer you the position. If you do not meet qualifications don't expect a call back.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are very basic, for example: "Why do you feel you would be a good manager" "What is your favorite designer" "What are you future aspirations" They might ask about more retail originated questions like "What does UPT, ADS, and IPT mean" "How can you make sure are store meets it's daily, monthly, and yearly goals"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The store will call you and say " the Most we can offer you is $12 an hr" there is no negotiation allowed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on Wednesday, got a call the next day for an interview. It was a pretty simple process, just the regular questions asking about experience and why I chose Love Culture.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Love Culture (Warren, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

I was out shopping and on a whim I asked if they were hiring. The manager told me that she was looking for assistant managers and asked if I was experianced. I told her I had been manager a boutique for the last five years. She gave me her email and told me to email her my resume. That was Saturday August 18. I emailed her Sunday , she called on Monday and I had an interview August 20.

I wasnt told how to dress. So I just dressed like I would if I worked there. I wore a pair on black and white printed palazzo pants, a sheer orange top, black flats and a bunch of accessories.

The interview was pretty easy. We interview in the store on the couches by the dressing room. She started of my asking me about my current job. She wanted to know what I did there. she asked how did I handle shop lifters. I let her know that I wasn't allowed to touch them due to liability. She then told me about what the job intelled. She loved my outfit.

I filled out paper work. And she told me after she got my background check she would call me. She called me sept 14 and offered me the job.

Negotiation

At the interview she asked what I wanted as far as pay. I asked for no less that $10.50 she ended up giving me $11